Terrible, horrible movies to avoid | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Terrible, horrible movies to avoid

No, and I meant to look up who was in the chair this time...
I wonder if they asked him. Because, if not, it’s a missed opportunity. Even if he had no lines.

I wonder if they asked him. Because, if not, it’s a missed opportunity. Even if he had no lines.

They probably burned their casting budget on all the other well-known actors (which, not incidentally, made for a heavy lift in terms of dialog and character development in such a short movie).

I saw Robin Hood Men In Tights at the movie theater of the Carousel Center mall. I may or may not have been under the influence of something when I saw it. That could possibly be why I giggled throughout it.

Oh, and Tarantino movies in general suck. Pulp Fiction may be the most overrated movie in cinematic history. I’d also add Lost in Translation and Notting Hill (more like Nodding Off, amirite?!) to my list of movies I think suck, list.
Tarantino helped screenplay “True Romance”, which is one of the greatest movies ever made.

That said, yes, he’s overrated.

Couple from me:

Marley and Me. Marketed as a feel good comedy/light romance, etc type movie with two bankable feel-good stars and a puppy. Solid gold. Actual movie: “Life sucks and then your dog dies.”

Slumdog Millionaire. I distinctly remember this being tagged “The feel good movie of the year!” at the time. Somewhere between orphaned children falling into neck deep pools of human feces and a sympathetic character having a car battery hooked up to his junk, I was starting to wonder if maybe I hadn’t been sliiiiightly misled.

We Were Soldiers. I’m a huge buff of good war movies and historical movies. This movie is neither. It’s basically Nation’s Pride from Inglorious Basterds.

Inglorious Basterds and Kingsman. I really dislike any film that glorifies the concept of mass shootings. Both of these films completely fetishize the act which I find utterly disgusting.

Couple from me:

Marley and Me. Marketed as a feel good comedy/light romance, etc type movie with two bankable feel-good stars and a puppy. Solid gold. Actual movie: “Life sucks and then your dog dies.”

Slumdog Millionaire. I distinctly remember this being tagged “The feel good movie of the year!” at the time. Somewhere between orphaned children falling into neck deep pools of human feces and a sympathetic character having a car battery hooked up to his junk, I was starting to wonder if maybe I hadn’t been sliiiiightly misled.

We Were Soldiers. I’m a huge buff of good war movies and historical movies. This movie is neither. It’s basically Nation’s Pride from Inglorious Basterds.

Inglorious Basterds and Kingsman. I really dislike any film that glorifies the concept of mass shootings. Both of these films completely fetishize the act which I find utterly disgusting.

Yeah I’m not even a big dog person but “Marley and Me” was just unfair.

Not a fan of Inglorious Basterds but I don’t really like alternate history. Probably good that I have t seen Once upon a time in hollywood.

Godzilla vs Kong is not close to as good as it's hyped up to be

Just the trailers for that made me embarrassed for the actors who were in it and I'm a Godzilla fan. Much prefer the old school Godjira to these modern ones though. In fact, I've lately been sporting my recently arrived G-Center T-Shirt (That is the United Nations Godzilla Countermeasures Center for those of you not read-in).

Was it really hyped though?
Oh yeah I only planned a night to watch it because every corner of my Twitter feed was telling me that I needed to. Even if I went into it with no expectations it was decent at best.

So bad.
The second recent ‘blockbuster’ that was so bad, I didn’t even bother to finish it. That’s saying something for me, when I ‘invest an hour and a half in this film and WW84 and they peeve/annoy/bore me so much that I don‘t even care if I ever find out how they end.

Thunderforce is another.

Yeah I’m not even a big dog person but “Marley and Me” was just unfair.

Not a fan of Inglorious Basterds but I don’t really like alternate history. Probably good that I have t seen Once upon a time in hollywood.
For All Mankind is an interesting application of ‘alternate history.’

Open Water - $130,000 budget. Enough said.

Note: it did earn $55 million at the box office, so perhaps one of the greatest ROI’s in history.

Thats on my list to check out. Another good alternative history one is Man in the High Castle.
I was going to mention High Castle, but i didn't like it enough to keep going with it. Interesting premise, though. I might revisit it. It wasn't bad—i just didn't care for anyone in it, i guess.

For All Mankind is... okay. I think i only started watching it because season 2's trailer looked good. I'm just finishing season 1.

I don't like Wes Anderson movies. I have friends/coworkers/peers (all of them pretentious types) who swear that his movies are hilarious. I saw Bottle Rocket, his first and thought it was a good effort for an indie, first time film. But I hated Rushmore, the Royal Tenenbaums, and The Life Aquatic. I think he makes his actors take Xanax before every movie. Low energy, mopey line delivery. Not one laugh. Not even a smile or a smirk. I haven't seen any of his later films but to trailers all look the same.

I don't like Wes Anderson movies. I have friends/coworkers/peers (all of them pretentious types) who swear that his movies are hilarious. I saw Bottle Rocket, his first and thought it was a good effort for an indie, first time film. But I hated Rushmore, the Royal Tenenbaums, and The Life Aquatic. I think he makes his actors take Xanax before every movie. Low energy, mopey line delivery. Not one laugh. Not even a smile or a smirk. I haven't seen any of his later films but to trailers all look the same.
Wes Anderson’s movies are not everyone’s cup of tea, but they are mostly brilliant. Grand Budapest Hotel is amazing, and his animated films like Fantastic Mr Fox are awesome.

I think The Life Aquatic can eat a bag of d----. But I love everything else. Though I don't disagree with your low-energy characterization. It's a little over the top in the two animated movies, IMO.

Wes Anderson could film paint drying and make it amazing.

Life Aquatic is one of those movies where I find individual parts of it hilarious but I completely get why somebody would be like What is this? and not like it. I really like Rushmore. Totally absurd but fun (which describes both of those films really).

Wes Anderson’s movies are not everyone’s cup of tea, but they are mostly brilliant. Grand Budapest Hotel is amazing, and his animated films like Fantastic Mr Fox are awesome.

The only Wes Anderson film I think I have ever seen is Grand Budapest Hotel, and I'd have to say that's one of my favorite movies of all-time.