Texas A&M fires Jimbo Fisher / hiring Mike Elko ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Texas A&M fires Jimbo Fisher / hiring Mike Elko ?

Oil profits must be estimated to be strong this year for these folks. God bless em.

Rumor is they may throw a boatload of money at Deion to come. Who knows how true that is really but wouldn't shock me.
More bad money after bad money

The issue with trying to entice a new coach here, is who will their QB be?

I know portal, yadda yadda yadda

But usually you like to know what pieces of the puzzle you have in place when you take the job

If there is a change, there are questions at QB, WR, RB, OL, LB, S, CB

If they have this kind of "we were stupid $$$", then (i) Kirby Smart, (ii) Lou Saban, and (iii) Dabo Swinnney would top their list, after all they have all won the mythical NC more than once.

Headline on their site. $76 million buyout.

How unutterably stupid. Love the game, hate the jackholes ruining it.
The alums who want him out will pay it, not the school, so who cares. At that point is abstract anyway.

The issue with trying to entice a new coach here, is who will their QB be?

I know portal, yadda yadda yadda

But usually you like to know what pieces of the puzzle you have in place when you take the job

If there is a change, there are questions at QB, WR, RB, OL, LB, S, CB
Really not the case in today’s transfer world. A school that has a good qb this year might not have him next year regardless of the coaching situation.

If they have this kind of "we were stupid $$$", then (i) Kirby Smart, (ii) Lou Saban, and (iii) Dabo Swinnney would top their list, after all they have all won the mythical NC more than once.
And on the other hand, unless you wanted to get rich quick, you would never go there b/c their expectations for quick success are unrealistic. However that may be mitigated as Bobby Bowden once said "there are two types of football coaches, those who have been fired and those who will be fired".

This kind of stuff is why we need to cash checks as long as we can. No way these kind of schools keep our kind of school at the big boy table forever.

I’d rather have Nick Saban over Lou. Nick’s been a bit more productive than Lou, especially since Lou’s demise back in 2009.

The alums who want him out will pay it, not the school, so who cares. At that point is abstract anyway.

There are probably rich boosters lined up, dying to be seen as the saviors of A&M football.

I guess aTm isn’t terrified of the media being mean about their decision.

They’re paying brand new Lamborghini money and getting 2008 Toyota Corolla results. We’re paying brand new RAV4 money and getting 1980 Ford Pinto results. Neither is acceptable, but the return on investment issue is much greater at Texas A&M.

Plus their fan base is made up of people who choose to spend it on college football instead of on the therapy they desperately need…it’s really a perfect recipe for crazy decisions to be made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom