Texas hiring Chris Beard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Texas hiring Chris Beard

What about Musselman?

This one is too easy TB. They have their own Jim Boeheim who is winning 25 games a year at Texas Tech. The only way he doesn’t get the job is if he turns it down and I don’t see that happening. I bet he gets Coach K money.

Yes I am aware of his record. This is a step down and in my experience people rarely do that of their own free will.
Marquette is a top 25 college basketball job.

They have tremendous local support.
Good history.
In terms of college basketball Shaka got a great job.

Texas is all about potential. Basketball will never be more than entertainment between football season for them.

Marquette basketball is the school’s top athletic program.

Smart did well. He wasn’t going to keep the Texas job after gag this year and he got a good job. It’s not really a step down. I put the jobs pretty close with Texas having the ability to overpay.

they should hire Archie Miller, he did great when under the big spotlight at Indiana. Ok, but seriously folks, $4 million buyout to get Beard is chump change for Texas, so if he wants to go there, that is your winner

I thought Porter Moser might be a decent bet to go to Marquette if he is willing to leave Chicago, but not happening now obviously.

Yes I am aware of his record. This is a step down and in my experience people rarely do that of their own free will.
Writing was on the wall, his days were numbered

Drew has nowhere to do but down at Baylor I'd just throw money at him if I were UT.

Or hire the Albeline Christian coach and let him grow into the job. You'll always have talent at Texas.

The Athletic had a good piece on this. Shaka getting a lot of one and done / two and done types that were leaving based on potential before they ever really performed at Texas. He'll get a different type of player at Marquette.

He didnt fit in "culturally" and heard the whispers and knew he'd be fired next year for anything less than an elite eight

Marquette is a top 25 college basketball job.

They have tremendous local support.
Good history.
In terms of college basketball Shaka got a great job.

Texas is all about potential. Basketball will never be more than entertainment between football season for them.

Marquette basketball is the school’s top athletic program.

Smart did well. He wasn’t going to keep the Texas job after gag this year and he got a good job. It’s not really a step down. I put the jobs pretty close with Texas having the ability to overpay.
I think I read somewhere that Shaka is originally from Wisconsin. So being closer to family had to be a big factor as well.

Guys that will be "ready" by their second contract was the sorta quote. So in a lot of ways yes.

He'd do well here and I'm not the only one who thinks that. That's all I'll say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom