Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

I guess so but how much more in any given year? 20 million? I mean...while they aren't on a Bama or Clemson type run...they have been in the playoffs more often...seem to be recruiting as well as anyone not named OSU/Bama/Clemson. I dunno. Maybe Texas is serious and Okie doesn't want to get left behind.

Heck...I'd take a spot in the Big 10 West before joining the SEC (if I were Okie)...money would have to be close

With a 12 team playoff you only need to be in the Top 10 to make it. No more being Top 4. Seems easy enough for OU.

If I am the SEC I would take Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and then offer NC State and VA Tech. If they say yes, then you take WV as #20. That would give the SEC a school in every Southeastern state. If they say no, then you take App State to get to 18. They could take WV but they are too far North without a team in VA too.

I wouldn't leave KU BBall for the B1G to grab. Then again who is the B1G going to take as #16? They would offer ND, who would say no. Then who? Iowa State? UConn?

If the ACC wanted to get to 16 they could add WV and Cincy. That would fill in the map and please both FB and BBall. If ND ever came you can get to 18 by adding Temple or UConn. IMO ND would prefer Temple.

Would they P12 consider going East? They can try for KU, Texas Tech, Okie State. Then one of Boise State, UNLV, New Mexico to get to 16, or all three to get to 18. Kansas State I suppose would be an option as well.

Baylor and TCU seem screwed.

If the SEC were to add Texas and Oklahoma, it's world domination. Why bother adding more mouths to feed? I doubt Kansas hoops to the B1G would be any type of worry.

B1G grabs Kansas and Oklahoma State and stays contiguous.

ACC grabs WVU, makes one more desperate pitch to ND in the rrlbees 4 X 16 world, then as you say, could get Cincy as a fallback.

Pac-12 takes K State, one of the Texas schools, then decides how much further east they want to go.

I've missed a good old fashioned expansion discussion. Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC would seemingly shake the earth.

If the SEC were to add Texas and Oklahoma, it's world domination. Why bother adding more mouths to feed? I doubt Kansas hoops to the B1G would be any type of worry.

ACC grabs WVU, makes one more desperate pitch to ND in the rrlbees 4 X 16 world, then as you say, could get Cincy as a fallback.

Pac-12 takes K State, one of the Texas schools, then decides how much further east they want to go.

I've missed a good old fashioned expansion discussion. Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC would seemingly shake the earth.
There could be some truth in the picture you paint, but not the Okie State to the B1G portion.

I wonder if ND at this point doesn't tap dance with the Big 10 again one last time. This will be the final musical chairs IMO. If ACC closes the door or threatens to is it better for them to be in the ACC or the Big10? I don't buy any loyalty with last year either. ND will be making a forever decision at that point if they are forced into a decision

I see it a little different:
SEC takes OU, Texas, Okie St, WV
ACC adds Vanderbilt, ND
BIG adds KU, Mizzou

MWC/AAC adds Baylor, KSt, TT, Iowa St, TCU

I wonder if ND at this point doesn't tap dance with the Big 10 again one last time. This will be the final musical chairs IMO. If ACC closes the door or threatens to is it better for them to be in the ACC or the Big10? I don't buy any loyalty with last year either. ND will be making a forever decision at that point if they are forced into a decision
Don't think they can do so legally at this point. With the new playoff system, I don't see why they would want to lose their independence now, anyway.

I see it a little different:
SEC takes OU, Texas, Okie St, WV
ACC adds Vanderbilt, ND
BIG adds KU, Mizzou

MWC/AAC adds Baylor, KSt, TT, Iowa St, TCU

Wow Vandy to the ACC would be sweet

I don’t see that happening but boy would that be awesome.

Imagine the rivalry that would develop between Louisville and Vandy being only a couple hours apart

the SEC is going to need enough votes for this to happen. Mizzou and A&M for starters probably both hate this idea. this will be very interesting. if it happens, the often mentioned 16 team/4 superconference idea could happen pretty quickly. sorry Kansas, time to join the Big East for hoops and go independent for football like U Conn

Wow Vandy to the ACC would be sweet

I don’t see that happening but boy would that be awesome.

Imagine the rivalry that would develop between Louisville and Vandy being only a couple hours apart
Vanderbilt academic/private school profile is definitely like other ACC school: DUKE, WF, BC, SU, Miami. Academics similar to UVA, UNC, GT

Louisville more similar to VT NC St, Clemson, FSU. All large state institutions that prioritize athletics

KU hoops is a big brand. They add value in BBall season and is a huge improvement to SEC BBall. I think the money would be there for 18 or 20 schools.

If they want world domination, why leave meat on the bone (KU, WV, Okie State, NC State, VA Tech). Heck I would even consider taking Cincy just to give the Ohio State the middle finger. Or go coast to coast. P12 is bleeding. Add New Mexico, Arizona State, USC and you have all the states in the South. No reason to stop at 16. Go big.

There could be some truth in the picture you paint, but not the Okie State to the B1G portion.

Why not? Just curious. They would seem to be the most attractive of what's left.

KU hoops is a big brand. They add value in BBall season and is a huge improvement to SEC BBall. I think the money would be there for 18 or 20 schools.

If they want world domination, why leave meat on the bone (KU, WV, Okie State, NC State, VA Tech). Heck I would even consider taking Cincy just to give the Ohio State the middle finger. Or go coast to coast. P12 is bleeding. Add New Mexico, Arizona State, USC and you have all the states in the South. No reason to stop at 16. Go big.

They can write their own TV contract if you add Texas/Oklahoma to what's already there. Would there be incremental value in adding anyone else that adds enough to the pot to still come out ahead after splitting it with teams 17 and beyond? I wouldn't think so.

Two, eight team divisions. Covers 7 league games. Rotate two others. 3 OOC. No conference can compete with that football lineup and that's where the $$$ are.

IMO an 18 team ACC (add Temple for Philly, Cincy for Ohio recruiting, UConn for another Northeast) would interest ND the most. They don't want to be confined to the Midwest.

IMO an 18 team ACC (add Temple for Philly, Cincy for Ohio recruiting, UConn for another Northeast) would interest ND the most. They don't want to be confined to the Midwest.
Basketball (22 game schedule)
Boston College (MA)
Syracuse (NY)
Villanova (PA)
Georgetown (DC)
Pittsburgh (PA)
West Virginia (WV)

Notre Dame (IN)
Cincinnati (OH)
Louisville (KY)
Wake Forest (NC)
Vanderbilt (TN)
Miami (FL)

Virginia (VA)
North Carolina (NC)
Duke (NC)
Clemson (SC)
Georgia Tech (GA)
Florida St (FL)

Why does ND need to be in a conference with Cincy to recruit Ohio? Why would they have any need to be aligned with Temple and UConn.

I love conference chatter, but none of this ACC stuff makes any sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom