Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

As long as it’s monetarily feasible, they’ll stick with it. They’ve made the CFP, gotten blown out, and rinse and repeat. Apparently that’s enough for them right now. Independence >>>National Championship.
I legit don’t care if we go in flames as we aren’t competing in college football anymore.
I just want ND to be put in their place in a conference.
I actually want them stuck in the Big Ten.
That fanbase deserves that.

There isn't any entity that greater symbolizes hypocrisy than Notre Dame. Pride is the original and said to be the most serious of the Seven Deadly Sins...and, it epitomizes the institution and what it stands for. That and that alone is its true and sole virtue.

I legit don’t care if we go in flames as we aren’t competing in college football anymore.
I just want ND to be put in their place in a conference.
I actually want them stuck in the Big Ten.
That fanbase deserves that.

I still watch which says something about my fatalism. I don’t want to see us “go in flames”. I want Saturday’s to matter even if we are a mediocre team. I still look forward to each season. We agree to disagree on what Syracuse football means even w results.

I still want to understand the endgame. Is it SEC schools (all 25 of them) playing each other and no other football teams playing aside from the big 10? Ultimately consolidation will depress ratings if parts of country aren’t playing anymore in compelling leagues

I still watch which says something about my fatalism. I don’t want to see us “go in flames”. I want Saturday’s to matter even if we are a mediocre team. I still look forward to each season. We agree to disagree on what Syracuse football means even w results.

I still want to understand the endgame. Is it SEC schools (all 25 of them) playing each other and no other football teams playing aside from the big 10? Ultimately consolidation will depress ratings if parts of country aren’t playing anymore in compelling leagues
We aren’t playing the same game in college football.

Our ability to compete isn’t likely to ever be there. We need to spend a lot more if we wanted to do that.
I wouldn’t mind it but we have people saying 5 wins would keep Dino.
I like Dino but anything short of a bowl this year he should be gone.

Our fanbase doesn’t overall doesn’t get realignment and thinks way to highly our brand. Baylor just had one of the most dominant basketball seasons and they aren’t going to be saved in realignment.

Our basketball brand isn’t close to as important as our fanbase thinks it is.
UConn won multiple NCs and that didn’t matter.
Our football brand sucks and if we get left out it’s because of that.
I accept that.

I legit can’t stand the arrogance of Notre Dame fans. I know what they say and I understand their mindset.
If they want to be elitist about independence then let them burn in the Big Ten and get their money but know they are going to be Ohio State and Michigan money maker.

Notre Dame and it’s fans use leverage like no other team.
I really don’t care anymore either be in or become a cog for the Big Ten’s war versus the SEC.

Our future prospects now lie with the B10 and it’s appetite to create a mega conference.

If/when UT and OU join the SEC, they will by necessity water down the mediocre teams. There will be more bottom feeders soon enough, Vandy will enjoy some permanent company.

No team perpetually stays on top, Saban will retire soon enough. Bama has been through lows, too. UT is in a low point and they may not rise from it.

SEC schools were already getting players, this will not change. UT and OU were already getting players. This will not change. If anything, it may encourage players out of the SEC who were marginal to begin with.

Anyway, this just proves that there is still more money on the table for TV revenue. The B1G got a huge raise for mediocre sports. Now, the SEC will get more money for UT and OU.

So haven't read through all this but gotta figure then Kansas, TT, Baylor, TCU at minimum go Pac 12 and then WV ACC with IST and KST BiG?
Kansas State and Iowa State to the BiG?!? Good one! Lol.

Our ability to compete isn’t likely to ever be there. We need to spend a lot more if we wanted to do that.

Our fanbase doesn’t overall doesn’t get realignment and thinks way to highly our brand. Baylor just had one of the most dominant basketball seasons and they aren’t going to be saved in realignment.

I accept that.

I legit can’t stand the arrogance of Notre Dame fans. I know what they say and I understand their mindset.
If they want to be elitist about independence then let them burn in the Big Ten and get their money but know they are going to be Ohio State and Michigan money maker.

I really don’t care anymore either be in or become a cog for the Big Ten’s war versus the SEC.
Agree with with a lot of this, at the end of the day it won’t surprise me if we get left out. In fact I’m really concerned we will be. Football rules here and quite frankly we suck, have sucked for a long time and will
Continue to sucks. I appreciate the investment in the dome and the indoor practice facility but a lot of this just seems like putting a little Duct tape on a hole in a boat. I think we do the bare minimum when we absolutely have too. SU will never spend a ton on football, doesn’t have the donor base to support it or state money that the large land grant universities do. We need to get good in hurry and im
Not sure we get there. Our brand is not as strong as it used to be for sure.

These next two football seasons are hugely important for most schools not in the B1G or SEC

I accept that.

A lot of fans here overestimate basketball.

When it comes to college sports…

85% Football
14% Men’s College Basketball
1% All Other Sports

I do, however, think some fans underestimate our brand as a University. Syracuse has some cache there, and somehow we do ok in athletic revenue given the product we’ve put out there lately.

We also bring the New York geographic footprint in a time where the Northeast is complete trash. The other NE options are Boston College, Rutgers, UConn etc..

A lot of fans here overestimate basketball.

When it comes to college sports…

85% Football
14% Men’s College Basketball
1% All Other Sports

I do, however, think some fans underestimate our brand as a University. Syracuse has some cache there, and somehow we do ok in athletic revenue given the product we’ve put out there lately.

We also bring the New York geographic footprint in a time where the Northeast is complete trash. The other NE options are Boston College, Rutgers, UConn etc..
What are those numbers? Revenue? Participation?

I accept that.

Harsh but fair!

Football will drive everything, but we do ok here. #23

Our history is great however in the Twitter social media age kids don’t have a clue for the most part. Plus there isn’t much talent in our backyard which allows us to easily restock every year. We have to go hundreds of miles to get talent into our school. If we had the talent that Pittsburgh had in their backyard Syracuse football would be better off because I believe we finally have a coach who knows how to use talent the problem is just getting the talent into the school. Syracuse has had a major talent deficiency the last 10 years plus. Coach P didn’t have the facilities to compete with the big boys and he was doing a good job and the reason why we stalled out was because those facilities sucked. If Syracuse wants to be a football player they have to spend in a lot of sane amount of money and upgrade everything. I don’t expect us to do that. As only really the teams that have the donors can do that. Realignment is all Making money.

I just want Notre Dame to be put in their place. The Big Ten or another conference enough is enough. The SEC doesn’t give a crap about Notre Dame

I mean they let Rutgers in... I would think Lemoyne had a shot with Rutgers getting in.
KSU and ISU would be the smallest schools in the Big Ten and are not close to on par with the rest of that conference academically. Big ten athletics makes millions, but their research makes billions. As much publicity as athletics gets, that’s not where B1G universities are making the big bucks

KSU and ISU would be the smallest schools in the Big Ten and are not close to on par with the rest of that conference academically. Big ten athletics makes millions, but their research makes billions. As much publicity as athletics gets, that’s not where B1G universities are making the big bucks

If it wasn't clear there was never anything serious... Just didn't get to switching to italics :)

On a serious note, at some point the conference norms will end up breaking down as this all plays out. Things are wide open with the NCAA changes to NIL, Emmerts comments around the NCAA taking a less active role and now some schools jumping right in to making a move for their own benefit. This may not shake out in accordance with old conference requirements.

The ACC will survive with or without ND.
Add ND and WV or ND and Navy and Gtown for Ball.

If we go further outside our footprint add Cincy or Houston.

The eye balls of Houston and Cincy are significant. Both have excellent football and basketball.

There is also a possibility of a partnership with the Pac.

Acc is safe through the next 10 years.

The ACC will survive with or without ND.
Add ND and WV or ND and Navy and Gtown for Ball.

If we go further outside our footprint add Cincy or Houston.

The eye balls of Houston and Cincy are significant. Both have excellent football and basketball.

There is also a possibility of a partnership with the Pac.

Acc is safe through the next 10 years.
I love your optimism, ACC is not safe at all.

I love your optimism, ACC is not safe at all.
It is. The GOR is solid. Runs through 2035. TX and Oklahoma are in a different situation. They are within a window. Based on current payouts any team leaving the ACC would owe close to or over 500 million.
14 years × 30 million.
In addition ND is contractually obligated to join the ACC through 2035.
The ACC is in excellent shape.

Reminds me of the soccer super league. Bunch of idiots blinded by short term dollar signs rather than what’s best for the sport.

“Look, we’re the kings of a small kingdom we created as the ecosystem dies out around us”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom