Thad Matta out at Ohio State / Chris Holtmann in | Syracusefan.com

Thad Matta out at Ohio State / Chris Holtmann in

Not surprised if he retires. Apparently he has really bad back problems.

Not surprised if he retires. Apparently he has really bad back problems.
Yeah I think they've missed on guys and not pursued guys because of his health...

Opposing coaches have negative recruited against Matta, claiming "he's dying".

Seriously, this is not a joke. Other coaches have told recruits not to go to Ohio State because Matta is dying. How awful is that?

Announces he will be changing his first name.

Archie Miller would have been a better fit at Ohio State than Indiana.

Ohio State will probably give Chris Jent the interim job.

It will be interesting to see what they do. The timing is not idea for the coaching market. How desirable is the OSU basketball job?

Opposing coaches have negative recruited against Matta, claiming "he's dying".

Seriously, this is not a joke. Other coaches have told recruits not to go to Ohio State because Matta is dying. How awful is that?

Its pretty awful but sadly not too surprising. I think most fans even those that follow recruiting to a certain extent do not grasp the brutal nature of the recruiting game.

Archie Miller would have been a better fit at Ohio State than Indiana.

Ohio State will probably give Chris Jent the interim job.
Curious as to why you think this?

I think Archie is perfect for the IU job and IU is one of the legit 5-10 blue blood jobs. I think Miller has them as perennial contenders in a couple years.

Really strange timing to do this in June. Seems like one of those deals where you have to crap or get off the toilet after the season ends.

Curious as to why you think this?

I think Archie is perfect for the IU job and IU is one of the legit 5-10 blue blood jobs. I think Miller has them as perennial contenders in a couple years.
Indiana fanbase expectations are way higher.

You can win at Ohio State and football is always the top dog. If I were a coach I would want a job I could win the NC at and if the football team was a power it would lower expectations/heat on them.

LOL Buckeye co-worker told me he thinks they can get Billy Donovan.

Another head coach who endured a botched back surgery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom