Thad Matta out at Ohio State / Chris Holtmann in | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Thad Matta out at Ohio State / Chris Holtmann in

I like to write for some reason. Gotta do something in between drinks. Also, so bored just waiting for Cuse FB to start, then CBB. I could write for days about nothing.
I only lurk on the fb board, but I am a huge Dino guy,

I only lurk on the fb board, but I am a huge Dino guy,

Football is tough to keep up with. So many more players. Dino will have us back. He's recruiting like a beast. Once we go with a schedule that isn't murderers row, then we will be back. Still, we can surprise a team or two this year. Tough when you have to play LSU, FSU, Clemson, LVille, Miami, and the rest of the bunch.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but didn't Howard Washington decomitt from Butler? He's got to be feeling pretty good about his decision today. He'd be scrambling now if he hadn't signed with us.

Also, HW's PG competition is Frank and Geno. I think this gives him an excellent shot at some playing time as a freshman.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but didn't Howard Washington decomitt from Butler? He's got to be feeling pretty good about his decision today. He'd be scrambling now if he hadn't signed with us.

Also, HW's PG competition is Frank and Geno. I think this gives him an excellent shot at some playing time as a freshman.

I believe he always wanted to be Orange. Glad he opened up his recruitment again. Missing out on our top priorities may just be a blessing. We took forever to offer him. HW is gonna be great by his Junior year, if it even takes that long. A PG who isn't too flashy to a lot of people, but he knows the game, can run an offense, and shoot. Gonna lead us to our next Championship. Book it.

I believe he always wanted to be Orange. Glad he opened up his recruitment again. Missing out on our top priorities may just be a blessing. We took forever to offer him. HW is gonna be great by his Junior year, if it even takes that long. A PG who isn't too flashy to a lot of people, but he knows the game, can run an offense, and shoot. Gonna lead us to our next Championship. Book it.

I like Washington too. I tend to agree that he may need some time to develop, but if could somehow develop quicker than that I'd be super happy. I think his greatest strength maybe his basketball IQ. He seems pretty humble, appreciative, and motivated to prove his worth. I've heard others compare him to Ennis with a jump shot. If he could become anywhere close to Ennis I'd be thrilled.

I like Washington too. I tend to agree that he may need some time to develop, but if could somehow develop quicker than that I'd be super happy. I think his greatest strength maybe his basketball IQ. He seems pretty humble, appreciative, and motivated to prove his worth. I've heard others compare him to Ennis with a jump shot. If he could become anywhere close to Ennis I'd be thrilled.

He's definitely a hard working, intelligent kid. I can see the Ennis comparisons. I'll say it. I see him becoming a player like Sherm with a jump shot.

He's definitely a hard working, intelligent kid. I can see the Ennis comparisons. I'll say it. I see him becoming a player like Sherm with a jump shot.

Do you think he's as flashy as Sherm? I can still picture Sherm's hike pass between the legs. I was under the impression that HW was a bit more reserved. Either way, I'm optimistic about his long term projection.

This was on the OSU board regarding Holtmann's contract. Would SU open the bank like this when JB retires? Basketball will always by 2nd fiddle compared to OSU football, but the upside is that BB can spend some of that money. Love the 20 hours of use of a private jet!

Chris Holtmann's Ohio State Contract Outlines Mega Bonus Opportunities, Hefty Buyout Language, Other Perks

They're going to have to.

The University has enjoyed paying an inconic, HOF coach a rate below market value, because JB wasn't interested in maximizing his revenue due to the cost of living in CNY being relatively low. But there aren't too many coaches who would be willing to give that hometown discount. They're going to have to bust open the bank, but fortunately ACC revenue sharing will enable them to do so in a way that wasn't possible in the old BE days.

So you're saying a plan B recruit is gonna be better than an all time great? Optimism abounds! :)

Everyone is taking my words out of context. I'm not going to clarify because there's no point on this board. Did I say he was gonna be better than an all time great, or even an all time great?

Everyone is taking my words out of context. I'm not going to clarify because there's no point on this board. Did I say he was gonna be better than an all time great, or even an all time great?

Lead us to a championship, like Sherm with a jumpshot...if that's not all time great for us not sure what is!

Lead us to a championship, like Sherm with a jumpshot...if that's not all time great for us not sure what is!

I see him becoming a player like Sherm, while being a better shooter. Keyword, like. Like Sherm, not Sherm. His PG style reminds me of him is all. And yes, I believe he will be on the team when we win our next Championship. Starting, or a big contributor.

If I say Carey reminds me of Pearl does that mean I think he's gonna be one of the most influential, and greatest Cuse players of all time? I guess so.

I'll stop throwing out opinions. The negativity, sarcastic, and passive aggressive vitriol from people here is really making it hard to post. We have lost some good posters. I get it now.

I don't think I'm a great poster, but I try to post thoughts and the responses are just insane sometimes. Syracuse Basketball isn't life. I don't have much time left, and here I am defending myself for vaguely mentioning Sherm with an incoming recruit. If I had said Ennis, then no worries.

Enjoy the weekend fellas.

I see him becoming a player like Sherm, while being a better shooter. Keyword, like. Like Sherm, not Sherm. His PG style reminds me of him is all. And yes, I believe he will be on the team when we win our next Championship. Starting, or a big contributor.

If I say Carey reminds me of Pearl does that mean I think he's gonna be one of the most influential, and greatest Cuse players of all time? I guess so.

I'll stop throwing out opinions. The negativity, sarcastic, and passive aggressive vitriol from people here is really making it hard to post. We have lost some good posters. I get it now.

I don't think I'm a great poster, but I try to post thoughts and the responses are just insane sometimes. Syracuse Basketball isn't life. I don't have much time left, and here I am defending myself for vaguely mentioning Sherm with an incoming recruit. If I had said Ennis, then no worries.

There's no need to quit posting. I enjoy your posts even if I don't necessarily agree with all of them. What do you mean you don't have much time left? Everything okay?

I was just having some fun with your post sorry you took it the wrong way.

If I want to pile on someone I have KaiserUEO as a well rounded punching bag.

I know you were just having some fun. I apologize for it seemingly directed at you. It was just a post built up from collective responses all around the board. I can take criticism, and just like to post, but it gets difficult. Some take it a bit serious, and I came off that way in that post. My apologies. Enjoy your posts, so that's my fault.

There's no need to quit posting. I enjoy your posts even if I don't necessarily agree with all of them. What do you mean you don't have much time left? Everything okay?

All is well. Thanks for asking. Life ends for us all. Death, and taxes. And Syracuse sports.

I know you were just having some fun. I apologize for it seemingly directed at you. It was just a post built up from collective responses all around the board. I can take criticism, and just like to post, but it gets difficult. Some take it a bit serious, and I came off that way in that post. My apologies. Enjoy your posts, so that's my fault.

No no - I am not a fan of snark either. I only usually clown around with guys I know well here.

I have legit concerns with HW's game based on opinions far better than mine. That being said I desperately want more program guys that are here for 4-5 years and hope he can round out to be one of them.

No no - I am not a fan of snark either. I only usually clown around with guys I know well here.

I have legit concerns with HW's game based on opinions far better than mine. That being said I desperately want more program guys that are here for 4-5 years and hope he can round out to be one of them.

I can see the concerns, absolutely. Just love that he will be a program guy most likely, and think he develops into a leader as a pure PG. I'm probably HW's biggest fan, so I may be biased. I try to stay level, but usually my cup is more than half full. I have bet on us to win it all the past decade. Maybe I should stop with that, and it will happen.

bring it, you will wish you never wanted a part of this...

th

I also enjoy your posts JLine and I'm happy you responded you're healthy. Embrace the good- ignore the bad and keep posting

I won't get into health, but I'm still kicking, so I do appreciate the kind words. Enjoy your posts as well, and this board. We all disagree at times, but we have a strong majority of great people here.

I don't take anything personal, though it may seem so. The internet is tricky to dissect words from people you don't know personally, and their lingo.

We are all on the same team, so arguing is a waste. Civil discussion is great. Wish the political world could do that, but this is the Basketball board so I'll stop myself there.

We have the best fans around. UK can bring as many as they want wherever, but we are already everywhere. We live, and die with SU athletics. It may seem crazy to people who aren't huge into sports, but I love the passion on this board, and from our fans across the world.

Anyway, to try to flip this back on topic, I think this is a solid hire. Especially for how late it was. Feel bad for the Butler kids. Also, I hope Thad gets well. That Elite 8 game was a joke, but he wasn't the refs ruining the game. Especially when it comes to what Dion had to deal with. Back problems are no fun, so wishing Thad well. Hopefully can coach again, if he wants to. Some school would pick up in an instant. His recruiting did fall off a bit because of his health, which many already mentioned. The coaches recruiting against him saying he's going to die soon, or whatever they spun should be ashamed.

bring it, you will wish you never wanted a part of this...

th

I miss when wrastlin' was fun to watch. Mr. Socko is missed, along with Dude Love, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom