Thad Matta out at Ohio State / Chris Holtmann in | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thad Matta out at Ohio State / Chris Holtmann in

Curious as to why you think this?

I think Archie is perfect for the IU job and IU is one of the legit 5-10 blue blood jobs. I think Miller has them as perennial contenders in a couple years.

I'll probably give you top 10 for indiana... but no way top 5. Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas are the top 4. Indiana is not #1 after that.

Indiana fanbase expectations are way higher.

You can win at Ohio State and football is always the top dog. If I were a coach I would want a job I could win the NC at and if the football team was a power it would lower expectations/heat on them.
I'm really bullish on Archie Miller becoming one of the elite coaches in the country, but I doubt he'll be given the time to lay a solid foundation for sustained success at IU.

I'll probably give you top 10 for indiana... but no way top 5. Duke, UK, UNC, Kansas are the top 4. Indiana is not #1 after that.
Disagree...I would lump IU and UCLA (and probably Louisville too) with that top 4 as the true blue bloods.

I wonder if Buzz would consider leaving VA Tech for OSU? Cronin wouldn't be a bad hire for them either.

Buzz would be a great hire for them. And he would go in a second.

Is Buzz originally a midwest guy or was he from the Texas area. I agree he would take the OSU job.

Please go, sick of that guy following us around conferences being a tormentor.

How about Smart to OSU and Buzz to Texas?

Buzz would be a great hire for them. And he would go in a second.

I've heard that Buzz is extremely religious and likes how religion is more of a presence in southern communities compared to the north, though I guess VA being the south is relative, and wants to stay in the south. The person told me that VT people will say they're nervous he's going to wake up one morning and decide he's done coaching and become a preacher and that they are only half joking.

Maybe it's bad/exaggerated info but I believe the guy that told me as he is plugged into that world. That's why I stopped with the fantasy that Buzz would be our coach some day.

One of the best jobs in coaching, The one place that Jb thought about leaving Syracuse for.

Only sort of.

Boeheim's paradise

NEW ORLEANS -- Word had reached Rick Bay that Jim Boeheim wasn't just willing to talk to him about coaching Ohio State, but eager for the encounter. So Bay made the obligatory call to Syracuse athletic director Jake Crouthamel for permission, the telephone conversation that always inspires an awkward discussion. This time for Bay, the tension turned to bewilderment. Crouthamel started laughing and laughing, harder and harder.

"I asked him, 'What's so funny?' " Bay remembered the other day. "And Jake said, 'You can talk to Jim Boeheim if you want, but he's never leaving Syracuse. Every once in a while he feels a little unappreciated, but he's never going to leave.' "

As Bay and Boeheim met inside the coach's Syracuse home in March of 1986, it wasn't long before the nerdy, bespectacled Orangemen coach understood the truth too. "Ten minutes into the conversation I knew I wasn't to go," Boeheim said.

Only sort of.

Boeheim's paradise

NEW ORLEANS -- Word had reached Rick Bay that Jim Boeheim wasn't just willing to talk to him about coaching Ohio State, but eager for the encounter. So Bay made the obligatory call to Syracuse athletic director Jake Crouthamel for permission, the telephone conversation that always inspires an awkward discussion. This time for Bay, the tension turned to bewilderment. Crouthamel started laughing and laughing, harder and harder.

"I asked him, 'What's so funny?' " Bay remembered the other day. "And Jake said, 'You can talk to Jim Boeheim if you want, but he's never leaving Syracuse. Every once in a while he feels a little unappreciated, but he's never going to leave.' "

As Bay and Boeheim met inside the coach's Syracuse home in March of 1986, it wasn't long before the nerdy, bespectacled Orangemen coach understood the truth too. "Ten minutes into the conversation I knew I wasn't to go," Boeheim said.
Oddly, I talked to Jb at this time and said I thought Gary Williams was a shoo in for the job and he said not necessarily. True story.

What a lazy list. Hmm lets suggest they get the coach where the got Matta (Mack) or Let's suggest the coach that replaced Matta at his last job (Miller). Or lets suggest the coach where Matta coached before his last job (Holtman). None of those peopel have anything to do with OSU. They only have to do with Matta. And they aint the Ohio State Matta's. They are the Suckeyes and will appropriately hire a sucky coach. Hey John Groce is available! AT least he used to coach at OSU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom