The “ Stadium “ | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The “ Stadium “

Allen Fieldhouse
Rupp Arena

But they were both players and coaches.
Yeah, I was thinking it’s gotta take more than a 3-4 year playing career, even if that time is defined as ‘transformative’ of a program.

I hope they keep the Carrier name for as long as possible. It’s part of the Cuse identity. With that said, Boeheim needs to be honored in a significant way when he retires. At minimum, we need a statue.
I think we should pass on the statue until we have confidence the government will take a stand against the knuckleheads that want to deface and destroy historical monuments. JAB has made enough enemies over his career unfortunately. Emmert, Gloria Allred, Louie McCroskey...

I think we should pass on the statue until we have confidence the government will take a stand against the knuckleheads that want to deface and destroy historical monuments. JAB has made enough enemies over his career unfortunately. Emmert, Gloria Allred, Louie McCroskey...
I’d rather see people take a stand against the knuckleheads who have the gall to defend statues celebrating traitors who took up arms against their own country to protect the violent institution of owning other human beings for profit. This shameful history belongs in books and libraries, not celebrated and venerated with public monuments (most of which were installed decades after the Civil War by white supremacist organizations).

I’d rather see people take a stand against the knuckleheads who have the gall to defend statues celebrating traitors who took up arms against their own country to protect the violent institution of owning other human beings for profit. This shameful history belongs in books and libraries, not celebrated and venerated with public monuments (most of which were installed decades after the Civil War by white supremacist organizations).
I guess you’re against the statue of Jim brown then, too... seeing as he’s no saint.

If it turns out that the roof doesn’t give the place an obvious dome shape Then calling it ‘dome’ is kinda silly. Time passes, things change.

I guess you’re against the statue of Jim brown then, too... seeing as he’s no saint.
Yes, because Jim Brown’s misdeeds are equivalent to those of a slave owner who propagated other human beings for profit. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, because Jim Brown’s misdeeds are equivalent to those of a slave owner who propagated other human beings for profit. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:
The fact that you’re trying to compare their transgressions says everything.

Yeah...100+ years ago. The Vikings killed many of my Irish ancestors... I need retribution.

Didn’t think I’d need to spell it out, but...
In no way does domestic abuse equal slave ownership. Perhaps one of the reasons folks want to tear down those statues is because they haven’t been heard, and feel disenfranchised. I mean why should traitors have statues for them, as perpetual symbols of their oppression of others?
Sorry, Jim Brown’s transgressions just don’t compare. Thought that would be obvious, but maybe you missed the sarcasm.

In no way does domestic abuse equal slave ownership. Perhaps one of the reasons folks want to tear down those statues is because they haven’t been heard, and feel disenfranchised. I mean why should traitors have statues for them, as perpetual symbols of their oppression of others?
Sorry, Jim Brown’s transgressions just don’t compare. Thought that would be obvious, but maybe you missed the sarcasm.
All races have been slaves. All races have purchased and sold slaves. Whites sell whites today into the sex slave market. Most Black slaves were sold by Blacks. Chinese slaves were sold by Chinese.
The social debate today isnt about slavery. Its about racism.
Racism in todays society didn't start because of slavery.
N*****, Y**, polock, Yankee, , Nazi... Any derogatory handle spoken, thought, or applied form of racist expression didnt begin with slavery and certainly isnt represented by the American Flag.
Statues of Confederate leaders who fought to maintain slavery are a much different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Jim Boeheim is no Jefferson Davis.
peaceful protestors might destroy the statue. You’re right
"Peaceful" apparently has taken on a new meaning.
Davis would have mixed in some man.
Yeah...100+ years ago. The Vikings killed many of my Irish ancestors... I need retribution.
All races have been slaves. All races have purchased and sold slaves. Whites sell whites today into the s e x slave market. Most Black slaves were sold by Blacks. Chinese slaves were sold by Chinese.
The social debate today isnt about slavery. Its about racism.
Racism in todays society didn't start because of slavery.
N*****, Y**, polock, Yankee, , Nazi... Any derogatory handle spoken, thought, or applied form of racist expression didnt begin with slavery and certainly isnt represented by the American Flag.
Statues of Confederate leaders who fought to maintain slavery are a much different story.
Take it to another thread. This one is about the renaming of the Dome.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dude, as a result of those actions, those Vikings ARE your "Irish' ancestors.

Back to the dome now.

I don't know what the name will be, but I know for damn sure what it should be. The Boeheim Dome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom