The 1-1-3 Defense Video | Syracusefan.com

The 1-1-3 Defense Video

Coach Orange

2nd String
There still seems to be a little confusion about and misidentification of the wrinkle in SU's defense this year.

Just to clear that up, the defense is a variation of 1-1-3, not a 1-3-1. Though there are some minor differences in how we play it (perhaps because of the increased emphasis on the three-point shot), I've attached an instructional video by Coach Lute Olson on the subject for any basketball nerds like me that want to learn more about it. Enjoy!

Good video and point. You know what is interesting is If you look back at the MCW year and the Tyus/Frank years, you would get opponents talking about how the zone felt like there were 6 or 7 defenders on the court.

Some of that you can look at the 1-1-3 as a reference point. The length of those teams and stretching the top of the key created almost what could seem like it was a 1-2-3 not a 2-3. Some 1-1-3 principles just purely because of the length and athleticism at the top of the zone.

There still seems to be a little confusion about and misidentification of the wrinkle in SU's defense this year.

Just to clear that up, the defense is a variation of 1-1-3, not a 1-3-1. Though there are some minor differences in how we play it (perhaps because of the increased emphasis on the three-point shot), I've attached an instructional video by Coach Lute Olson on the subject for any basketball nerds like me that want to learn more about it. Enjoy!

With Man to Man principals?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom