The 2021-2022 Portal Cup | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The 2021-2022 Portal Cup

When you "hit the portal" are you immediately leaving your college and dropping out of school? Is your scholarship rescinded? I wonder about the logistics being a guy who actually paid for college.

At Syracuse do they stop loading your Kimmel card with money to prevent you from going crazy at Taco Bell? (prob dating myself w the Kimmel reference)

Many of these kids in the portal aren't going to find a new home. Not only will they lose the opportunity to play football in college but they also lose out on a free college education. This transfer portal was not well thought out. They need to go back and change the parameters for eligibility to transfer.
On the other hand, it helps balance the guaranteed scholarship at the p5 level. If a kid enters ON THEIR OWN? That's on them, and the scholly is freed up. IF a coach tells them to? Different story. Then there is no guaranteed education. Thats a problem.

The portal is off the hook right now. Duke's top WR Jake Bobo (6-5 215 Mass) 74 catches for 794 yards just portaled. Maryland lost a 5 star freshman LB. Laundry list of former 5 and 4 star guys. TCU 5 star RB. Stanford 4 star DT. New Mexico 4 star OT. Washington 4* LB. GT 4* RB, Oklahoma 4* QB, Clemson 4* LB, Alabama 4* LB, Oklahoma 5* WR...this was just yesterday

Out-and-out free agency.

Horrendous development for college football.
Many of these kids in the portal aren't going to find a new home. Not only will they lose the opportunity to play football in college but they also lose out on a free college education. This transfer portal was not well thought out. They need to go back and change the parameters for eligibility to transfer.
Good to see some sanity on this subject.

Last edited:
When you "hit the portal" are you immediately leaving your college and dropping out of school? Is your scholarship rescinded? I wonder about the logistics being a guy who actually paid for college.

At Syracuse do they stop loading your Kimmel card with money to prevent you from going crazy at Taco Bell? (prob dating myself w the Kimmel reference)

No, you're notifying schools of your intent to leave. Kids finish out the semester (or they should) you can't be in bad academic standing. But if you hit the portal the school is under no obligation to take you back. You're under scholarship until the end of the semester because (in my experience) ship money is usually broken down by semester and you keep it unless you drop out of school or get booted, obvious reasons. Even if you quit the team you'd keep it until the end of the semester. IDK what you get for food money. My kids ship was just applied to the total bill (tuition, room/board).

We have 11 in the portal, right?

Do we have a running list?

Dukes QB Gunnar Holmberg has hit the portal as a grad transfer. 217-324 2,358 yards 7td/8int

Indiana and WVU had more players hit today.

Landon Morris
Cody Shear
Jarveon Howard
Taj Harris
Tommy DeVito
Latarie Kinsler
Dillon Markiewicz
Geoff Cantin-Arku
Curtis Harper
Joe Rondi

Ben Labrosse never portaled.
I thought RTB Portaled this year?

I thought RTB Portaled this year?

247Sports has him listed, Rivals doesn't.

RTB left the team before the season started, but didn't officially portal until mid-season. He's in a gray area. ;)

It's Shear madness !!
Every time I saw Tucker on the bench Shrader was right next to him talking. They appear to have a close connection, and it shows on the field. It's not surprising Gibert is gone, when your key guys aren't happy with the results.

Vanderbilt had 6 kids hit the portal today; a 4* safety and 4* WR among them.

Auburn had 3 hit the portal today including a 4* RB

The Vandy safety is a starter 6-4 214, from Ft Lauderdale. 2 years of edibility.

Vandy WR Cam Johnson 6-0 200. 34 catches and 327 yards and 4 TDs

Last edited:
Nanny-state reaction. Kids should learn to think before acting. We let kids that age fight wars, drive cars, tanks, planes, smoke weed and cigarettes, have abortions, and all kinds of other things. They can figure out the best action to take, and learn from the consequences. Experience is the best teacher, and one of the things it will teach you that instant gratification is a disappointing temptress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom