The 2021 "at least we're not UConn" thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The 2021 "at least we're not UConn" thread

That doesn’t really seem legal. I assume these schools/conferences have clauses that they must give notice, and probably have exit fees. Unless the departure date is before the playoff, I would think they have to be included.

Edit: I was able to access the article. It’s right in their bylaws. So I guess everyone knew the consequences. While not illegal, certainly seems petty.
Well, they want to get another of their teams on the FCS playoffs.

I feel like there are some parties that would pocket a lot of money during the 'renovation' I went to the last game we played there and the stadium was in good shape and new. I bet it will be no different next year.
I agree they are probably overstating some of the issues to increase their chances of getting more funds but if you watch the video, there are some legitimate issues with the facility today.

I don't think they have any money for maintenance and have basically been letting a low end, bare bones design decay steadily from the day it opened.

I haven't been there in years though and can't confirm what is shown in the video.

It is a stark difference from the dome, where everything has been well maintained from day one and post renovation, the facility looks brand new.

Tarleton is the name of the people who funded the university, probably oil money. Rhode Island, Delaware, Towson, SUNY Albany and Stony Brook should all move up to FBS. The northeast is a college football wasteland for a reason.
There is no support for that, that’s why it’s that way.

There is no support for that, that’s why it’s that way.
Maine and UNH should be in it too. Along with UMASS, UB, UCONN and Temple. RSM's would pay good bucks for the content. Rhode Island, Delaware, Towson, SUNY Albany, Stony Brook, Maine, UNH, Mass, Conn, UB, Temple, and Vermont. The YankeeMAC.

Yeah, after two weeks off they’re coming down the stretch vs Clemson, UCF & Houston in that order.

Mid Tenn St. just beat them by 30. I just feel bad for those kids. Those are tough days internally.

I agree they are probably overstating some of the issues to increase their chances of getting more funds but if you watch the video, there are some legitimate issues with the facility today.

I don't think they have any money for maintenance and have basically been letting a low end, bare bones design decay steadily from the day it opened.

I haven't been there in years though and can't confirm what is shown in the video.

It is a stark difference from the dome, where everything has been well maintained from day one and post renovation, the facility looks brand new.
I was at The Rent for the lacrosse final 4 in May. It's not falling apart, but it's definitely worn and could stand a lot of upgrades. UConn football is clearly a money-loser for the facility, and that sure ain't changing any time soon. They draw strong crowds for many other events, so the renovations are really to support that, not the dog of a football team that plays there.

I thought a Tarleton was that Canadian basketball team we played a couple of times.
Actually Carleton > Tarleton

(and probably Tarleton > UConn)

The Plowboys[edit]​

The Plowboys, originally the mascot for Tarleton athletic teams, but more recently known as a spirit organization, are recognized by the purple and white shirts, cowboy hats, and maroon chaps.[60] Oh Chip.

Maine and UNH should be in it too. Along with UMASS, UB, UCONN and Temple. RSM's would pay good bucks for the content. Rhode Island, Delaware, Towson, SUNY Albany, Stony Brook, Maine, UNH, Mass, Conn, UB, Temple, and Vermont. The YankeeMAC.
There’s a reason there are not a lot of NE football teams and it’s not “there are lots of people clamoring for it and no one is making it happen”

There’s a reason there are not a lot of NE football teams and it’s not “there are lots of people clamoring for it and no one is making it happen”
There are a lot of NE football teams, the reason they don't go up to a higher level of the sport is intransigence.

There are a lot of NE football teams, the reason they don't go up to a higher level of the sport is intransigence.
Maybe, but in today’s society that is more acceptable than ever.

Just to add to the misery, their stadium is literally falling apart and needs tens of millions of dollars in renovations to remain operational.

There will be a lot of case studies in business schools on this football program.
They should “rent”

Yeah, no. There’s a limited market.
There doesn't appear to be a limited market in the midwest or in Florida or Texas or California. The market just hasn't been developed. The CAA is considered the strongest FCS league and is not that far off the MAC in competition level. Army also would probably join the league.

There doesn't appear to be a limited market in the midwest or in Florida or Texas or California. The market just hasn't been developed. The CAA is considered the strongest FCS league and is not that far off the MAC in competition level. Army also would probably join the league.
The NE, in general, is all about pro sports. There are pockets, but those are niche. Rochester loves the Amerks, but are for the Bills and don’t care about SU

The NE, in general, is all about pro sports. There are pockets, but those are niche. Rochester loves the Amerks, but are for the Bills and don’t care about SU
The northeast loves college basketball and that is because the teams can play for the tourney and the NC, they are in the discussion. Texas, Florida, California, the midwest all have lots of pro sports.

The northeast loves college basketball and that is because the teams can play for the tourney and the NC, they are in the discussion. Texas, Florida, California, the midwest all have lots of pro sports.
No they don't. Theyll pay attention to Uconn if they are in the conversation, but thats it. They aren't even ALLOWED to talk about college football on sports radio, because, LITERALLY, almost NO ONE CARES. They JOKE how they are not allowed to, because everyone will tune out.

Thinking big time, or even MAC level football is a good idea? Its like thinking that putting an NHL hockey team in Kenya is genius.

NO ONE CARES.

Why were they allowed to play Yale? I thought Ivys had a no FBS rule similar to the no playoffs rule.

No they don't. Theyll pay attention to Uconn if they are in the conversation, but thats it. They aren't even ALLOWED to talk about college football on sports radio, because, LITERALLY, almost NO ONE CARES. They JOKE how they are not allowed to, because everyone will tune out.

Thinking big time, or even MAC level football is a good idea? Its like thinking that putting an NHL hockey team in Kenya is genius.

NO ONE CARES.
Then you should tell the administrations at UMASS and UCONN as well as the governor of Massachusetts to stop continuing the charade. I don't think, or at least i haven't heard, that the President of Kenya is putting resources behind getting a hockey team.

They know. The UMass board has nearly voted to end football, or go back to fcs. They should both go back to fcs. Many articles how its a complete waste of $$. I wouldn't be surprised if either went the way of Northeastern or Boston University. (Ended football due to lack of attendance and millions in yearly losses)

No one cares.

Hockey? 7 northeast schools are in the top 20 for attendance.

Nice loss to URI for umass, yesterday. I imagine they'll lose to Maine, next week.

Last edited:
They know. The UMass board has nearly voted to end football, or go back to fcs. They should both go back to fcs. Many articles how its a complete waste of $$. I wouldn't be surprised if either went the way of Northeastern or Boston University. (Ended football due to lack of attendance and millions in yearly losses)

No one cares.

Hockey? 7 northeast schools are in the top 20 for attendance.

Nice loss to URI for umass, yesterday. I imagine they'll lose to Maine, next week.
It won't happen, but it's fun to dream heads exploding on the Boneyard site if UMass upgraded to a FBS conference while UConn remained independent or dropped down to FCS. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom