The 2021 "at least we're not UConn" thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The 2021 "at least we're not UConn" thread

The Huskies have the mighty Eli’s of Yale coming up this weekend. Could be an opportunity for a win after tough losses to … everybody on their schedule

UMASS wins the NotWurst Bowl!
Fans rushed the field.

We need to get Umass on the schedule ASAP. No Umass or trip to Hawaii is a black eye for Herm. Our departments don’t like each other tho I met the former Umass AD in a bar in Jackson Hole a few years back no series was imminent.

The Huskies have the mighty Eli’s of Yale coming up this weekend. Could be an opportunity for a win after tough losses to … everybody on their schedule
Call me crazy but I think the Huskies can pull a massive upset on Saturday.

If Yale is willing to play an FBS school (kind of), I wonder if it might be possible that old rivals Cornell and Columbia might someday also consider playing Syracuse?

For old times sake?

I would love to see some raccoon coats and bowler hats in the dome in the future.

racoon.jpg

images
s-l400.jpg

If Yale is willing to play an FBS school (kind of), I wonder if it might be possible that old rivals Cornell and Columbia might someday also consider playing Syracuse?

For old times sake?

I would love to see some raccoon coats and bowler hats in the dome in the future.

racoon.jpg

images
s-l400.jpg
As mentioned in another thread, per NCAA rule wins against Ivies can't be counted for bowl eligibility because they don't give scholarships.

Fans rushed the field.

We need to get Umass on the schedule ASAP. No Umass or trip to Hawaii is a black eye for Herm. Our departments don’t like each other tho I met the former Umass AD in a bar in Jackson Hole a few years back no series was imminent.
That was great when the students stormed the field, college football is great even in that forlorn locale.

For old times sake?

racoon.jpg

images

Raccoon coats never go out of fashion. Those are amazing.

Not thats there’s many greats ones.. but tonight is a frustrating night to be a UMass guy haha

UConn would be far better off just dropping football down to FCS than being a part of that “conference”. They’d literally draw better at The Rent as part of the Colonial than playing in that horror show.

Why not just stay independent? Unless, they're unable to schedule enough games. Just be the Washington Generals, and collect paychecks from P5 programs, including us.

UConn would be far better off just dropping football down to FCS than being a part of that “conference”. They’d literally draw better at The Rent as part of the Colonial than playing in that horror show.
Agreed. I suspect the alliance is driving this. UConn is going to lose any ability to play P5 schools any longer and has to join a conference to field a schedule.

This is the best they can do.

C-USA still has all their bowl tie-ins and TV contracts for the next several years and will have a pot of money from the teams leaving the conference. Doesn't seem like a bad interim way to go.

They really oughta take hoops with them. They might make the tourney every year then.

What is a Tarleton?
Honestly! Have some dignity. Play Holy Cross and Rhode Island and Maine.

It is remarkable how any way things can get worse for UConn, they do. I still think it was the right decision for them to move sports to the Big East. But since then there was at least the theoretical possibility that they could have wormed their way into the Big 12 (incredibly remote, I know), and now they’re stuck moving into the tire fire that is C-USA because it’s not at all viable to be independent for football.

I’m fairly confident that the AA Hartford Yard Goats will draw better than UConn in CUSA.

Being a good FCS playing regional teams >>>>> being dog shite FBS team playing THAT schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom