Poll necessary?

• Take the poll

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Smoke a pole

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
What does each team need to do to get in?

UConn: Beat DePaul and in
WVU: Already in, IMO. Beat UConn and looking at an 8/9 seed.
Seton Hall: Beat Providence and in. Beat UL also and looking at a 10/11 seed.
USF: Will a victory over Rugers/Nova winner secure them a spot?

I think UConn is ahead of WVU right now. I think Seton Hall and USF have to win 2 games...

Seton Hall really hurt themselves when they got whooper by Depaul by 28 points.

I dont think WVU is in yet. Beat Uconn and they are a lock

What if UConn loses to DePaul? Are they out?

If it was up to me, with a loss to DePaul I would leave them out. I know they supposedly don't keep track of the record over the last 10 or whatever, but sheesh... if they lose to DePaul in my opinion they don't deserve to get in. Even if they beat DePaul I think you could make a strong case to leave them out this year.

What if UConn loses to DePaul? Are they out?
Unless a bunch of automatic bids are stolen by teams that weren't gonna get at-larges, I still think UConn would be safe. However, I could see the committee cutting off the BE at 9 bids, so if Hall, WVU, and/or USF all make a little run, UConn might be on the outside looking in.

Unless a bunch of automatic bids are stolen by teams that weren't gonna get at-larges, I still think UConn would be safe. However, I could see the committee cutting off the BE at 9 bids, so if Hall, WVU, and/or USF all make a little run, UConn might be on the outside looking in.
I honestly wouldn't put money on BE getting less than 10. Any other season the BE gets 5 or 6 tops. Ridiculous some experts are saying 10 now.

Avg Team Conf. Rec. Overall
Rank (Rank) (Rank)
1.) 1.0 - Syracuse 17-1 (1) 30-1 (1)
2.) 2.0 - Marquette 14-4 (2) 25-6 (2)
3.) 3.5 - Georgetown 12-6 (4) 22-7 (3)
4.) 4.0 - Cincinnati 12-6 (4) 22-9 (4)
5.) 4.5 - Notre Dame 13-5 (3) 21-10 (6)
6.) 5.5 - Louisville 10-8 (7) 22-9 (4)
7.) 6.0 - South Florida 12-6 (4) 19-12 (8)
8.) 8.0 - West Virginia 9-9 (8) 19-12 (8)
9.) 8.0 - Seton Hall 8-10 (9) 19-11 (7)
10.) 9.5 - Connecticut 8-10 (9) 18-12 (10)
11.) 12.0 - Rutgers 6-12 (11) 14-17 (13)
12.) 12.0 - Pittsburgh 5-13 (13) 16-15 (11)
13.) 12.5 - St. John's 6-12 (11) 13-18 (14)
14.) 13.5 - Providence 4-14 (15) 15-16 (12)
15.) 14.0 - Villanova 5-13 (13) 12-18 (15)
16.) 15.5 - DePaul 3-15 (16) 12-18 (15)

The consensus I've seen is that the BE is a 10-bid conference, haven't seen anyone projecting less than 9. I don't see any of the #11-16 teams doing enough to win a bid (short of winning the title of course). So I think it's more just a matter of ranking the bottom four, with the last one being on the bubble.

UConn, Seton Hall, and USF would absolutely love to be in WVU's position. WVU can't get a bad loss at this post. Playing Depaul, Providence, St. john's or Nova is just a nuisance. A win against Depaul, only helps because you avoid a bad loss. At the end of the day after winning, you are no better off then if you have not had to play that game.

Hence why WVU's position is the most ideal out of the four teams.

I honestly wouldn't put money on BE getting less than 10. Any other season the BE gets 5 or 6 tops. Ridiculous some experts are saying 10 now.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this but if you are saying you want to bet that ten teams from the BE get in then I am here for you, my friend.

UConn, Seton Hall, and USF would absolutely love to be in WVU's position. WVU can't get a bad loss at this post. Playing Depaul, Providence, St. john's or Nova is just a nuisance. A win against Depaul, only helps because you avoid a bad loss. At the end of the day after winning, you are no better off then if you have not had to play that game.

I hate the rpi because I think it is a lot of garbage in, garbage out. That said, it seems to be one of the tools used. Would just point out that WVA has an rpi of 47 while SHU is at 60 and Cinci at 68. None of those rpi's are near lock territory.

Btw, WVa could get a bad loss if they lost to DePaul.

Btw, WVa could get a bad loss if they lost to DePaul.

They could, but its less likely that WVA has top play them.

I hate the rpi because I think it is a lot of garbage in, garbage out. That said, it seems to be one of the tools used. Would just point out that WVA has an rpi of 47 while SHU is at 60 and Cinci at 68. None of those rpi's are near lock territory.

And none of Miss St, NC St, Miami, Texas, Xavier, Northwestern, Tenneseee, Arizona, Oregon, Dayton, St. Joes, Colorado St have close to good resumes either or markedly better then those teams. I am not including VCU or Drexel, because I like them both and think they both deserve to avoid the above group.

You can't assess the BE bubble by merely looking at their resume. You must assess it against the pile of I have posted above.

I agree that none are locks. And none of them should complain if they get snubbed. But as a group they are in good shape to get at least 2-3 seeds.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this but if you are saying you want to bet that ten teams from the BE get in then I am here for you, my friend.
will you give me 2:1 odds? a friendly 6 pack of beer?

And none of Miss St, NC St, Miami, Texas, Xavier, Northwestern, Tenneseee, Arizona, Oregon, Dayton, St. Joes, Colorado St have close to good resumes either or markedly better then those teams. I am not including VCU or Drexel, because I like them both and think they both deserve to avoid the above group.

You can't assess the BE bubble by merely looking at their resume. You must assess it against the pile of **** I have posted above.

I agree that none are locks. And none of them should complain if they get snubbed. But as a group they are in good shape to get at least 2-3 seeds.

We agree on Drexel/VCU. SHU and WVA (and maybe USF) are going to be lumped into that pile of **** you reference above unless they do some work in the BET. If there is some bid-stealing that goes on this week then a whole lot of that pile of **** is going to be playing in the NIT.

Just pointing out that it's a possibility.

It would be humourous. I have no interest in fighting or hoping for any BE team other then South Florida. I would like to see them do what they need to do at the BET.

will you give me 2:1 odds? a friendly 6 pack of beer?

Yes sir. I buy you 2 six packs of your favorite beer if the BE gets 10 in and you buy me one six pack of my favorite beer if they get less than ten in.

Yes sir. I buy you 2 six packs of your favorite beer if the BE gets 10 in and you buy me one six pack of my favorite beer if they get less than ten in.
as long as your favorite beer isn't $100

The consensus I've seen is that the BE is a 10-bid conference, haven't seen anyone projecting less than 9. I don't see any of the #11-16 teams doing enough to win a bid (short of winning the title of course). So I think it's more just a matter of ranking the bottom four, with the last one being on the bubble.

IIRC, we sent 11 teams last year. And with the lone exception of UConn, of course, most of them disappointed.

So this year, the optics of sending 10 teams again is not good, all else being equal. It won't be publicly stated, but my guess is that if it is a coin flip between a BE team and a non-BE team, the BE will lose. Just saying.

IIRC, we sent 11 teams last year. And with the lone exception of UConn, of course, most of them disappointed.

So this year, the optics of sending 10 teams again is not good, all else being equal. It won't be publicly stated, but my guess is that if it is a coin flip between a BE team and a non-BE team, the BE will lose. Just saying.

Agreed. I said pretty much the same thing the other day and was called a moron for it. In every mock bracket that I've seen that has 10 BE teams in it has a few power conference bubble teams that are in like 4th/5th place in their conference on the outside looking in. That's very unlikely imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom