The ACC At The Moment | Syracusefan.com

The ACC At The Moment

KBOrange23

Walk On
Virginia is 2-3 in the league.

Pitt scores 41 points at Louisville last Thursday. That's low even for them.

Clemson currently is sitting in second place in the conference at 5-1 and has a five game winning streak (beating Florida State, our Orange, Louisville, Duke, and Miami) after losing at North Carolina for the 58th consecutive time.

Virginia Tech is 4-1 in the league and 12-6 overall. Buzz is coaching up a storm.

NC State is dead last at 0-5.

I realize we haven't come to the half way point in the conference season yet, but its got my attention. I've seen at least 75% of all the games I've had access to thanks to my DVR. Overall I think the games have been great.

There's 12 games left in our team's regular season. I'm seeing at least 7 wins in that span and a 19-12 record going into the ACC Tournament. Does anyone else at least this?

It seems wide open if we can just get up off the floor and start swingin'.

Really important that shoot well tonight. If we got this win it would build a lot of momentum.

There's 12 games left in our team's regular season. I'm seeing at least 7 wins in that span and a 19-12 record going into the ACC Tournament. Does anyone else at least this?

Good summary, and yes, win 1 of the next 2, then 5 in a row after VA until we travel to Louisville, then only 1 more is needed from that final four including NCS and Pitt at home, and FSU on the road to get the 7 you mention. I actually see a way to 20 wins before the tourney, if they can stay hot over stretches. They need to shoot well every night, and the path to shooting well is through better interior play. Get TRob and DC in spaces around the paint they can score from, and that opens it up for the shooters. Get G off the ball some more, and he can play more of a complement and outlet on the break where he could do the most damage. We only need 2 of Mali, G, Cooney, Lydon and Trob shooting well on any given night to put alot of pressure on the opposing D, I like the progress they are making at that end of the floor. They are also settling into their roles in the zone, so with a wide open league this year, there are plenty of chances to get on the right side of the bubble.

It is wide open right now because the "Big 5 entering the season" are losing games on the road... Duke being the exception with also losing at home.

But with teams holding the floor against better teams at home., the loss to Clemson hurts. It will be tough to win the road games in our sched (except for BC), so we can't slip up at home against anybody really to be safe.

If we can somehow win one of the next 2 at Duke or at Virginia it would really help. We get to 3-5, and then we have very good chances of going 6-4 the rest of the way with 6 home games and 1 road game at BC.

Buzz has done a good job at VTech so far -- beat Virginia at home, and stole a road game at GTech. But they have still had a relatively easy sched to get to 4-1.

Let's see what they do in the next 8 game stretch. They will likely go 0-5 at ND, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia, Miami.
Then they play Clemson, UNC, Louisville at home.

I see 1-7 or 2-6 at best.

upload_2016-1-18_12-18-29.png

It is wide open right now because the "Big 5 entering the season" are losing games on the road... Duke being the exception with also losing at home.

But with teams holding the floor against better teams at home., the loss to Clemson hurts. It will be tough to win the road games in our sched (except for BC), so we can't slip up at home against anybody really to be safe.

If we can somehow win one of the next 2 at Duke or at Virginia it would really help. We get to 3-5, and then we have very good chances of going 6-4 the rest of the way with 6 home games and 1 road game at BC.

to me running the table at home the rest of the way is the biggest key to the season. very favorable home schedule, very difficult road schedule. win our home games and we'll at least be a bubble team and if we can pull off an upset or 2 on the road we'll be in great shape. but just win the home games and we'll give ourselves a chance.

it's pretty crazy right now but when the dust settles VaTech and Clemson are not going to be at the top of that board... it will still be NC, UVA, Duke and then either Lvlle or Pitt as the top 4... after that though, it's anybody's guess

it's pretty crazy right now but when the dust settles VaTech and Clemson are not going to be at the top of that board... it will still be NC, UVA, Duke and then either Lvlle or Pitt as the top 4... after that though, it's anybody's guess

to me theres north carolina and then everyone else. i think uva could be a middle of the pack team.

to me theres north carolina and then everyone else. i think uva could be a middle of the pack team.
I generally agree (about UNC being the class of the league) but I just have a feeling Bennett will get that ship righted - uva isn't as good as the previous couple of years but they're still a very good team - just look at they're resume to now - they've beaten Nova and WVU, two of the best teams in the nation

I'm not sure I'd count Clemson out just yet. They only have 2 games left against a ranked opponent (UVA twice) and get Pitt/ND at home. I'm sure they'll blow some of the remaining road games, but it wouldn't surprised me if they finished 12-6 or possibly better.

I'm not sure I'd count Clemson out just yet. They only have 2 games left against a ranked opponent (UVA twice) and get Pitt/ND at home. I'm sure they'll blow some of the remaining road games, but it wouldn't surprised me if they finished 12-6 or possibly better.
yeah we'll see, that would be quite a feat... I still see them closer to 9-9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom