The ACC need to guard UNC like a king in a game of chess | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC need to guard UNC like a king in a game of chess

Remember, the Big Ten is looking at Rutgers and Maryland both as a collection of cable boxes. As a Virginia fan and alumn that is not an enjoyable existence at all, and I wouldn't want it for my school at all. I don't for the life of me think that Michigan State, Iowa, Illinois, or Minnesota fans have any interest in regular games with Maryland and Rutgers. I'm not sure even Penn State does.

I actually do think that the ACC is trying to put together the country's Eastern Conference like the PAC 12 is the country's western league. I like the whole concept. The Big Ten is coming in here to sell cable boxes literally.

Agree with you, with one difference. I do think that PSU is happy to have Maryland, and yes even Buttgers as "regular" travel games now.

Remember, the Big Ten is looking at Rutgers and Maryland both as a collection of cable boxes. As a Virginia fan and alumn that is not an enjoyable existence at all, and I wouldn't want it for my school at all. I don't for the life of me think that Michigan State, Iowa, Illinois, or Minnesota fans have any interest in regular games with Maryland and Rutgers. I'm not sure even Penn State does.

I actually do think that the ACC is trying to put together the country's Eastern Conference like the PAC 12 is the country's western league. I like the whole concept. The Big Ten is coming in here to sell cable boxes literally.

But let me ask you this, why is the Big 10 opening NY offices and the ACC stays in Carolina?

UNC won't leave the ACC as long as it exists with NCSU, Duke, and to lesser extentWake, in it. History and politics say NEVER. The facts are that UNC is a state-supported institution, that sooo many NC state legislators (and their constituents) are UNC (and NCSU and Duke) alums, and that many of UNC's trustees are legislative appointments.

Heaven help that conference if Carolina leaves. I know football is the main driver here but let's all be realistic. The ACC move for us is all about basketball. You can say football but it's hoops. If Carolina leaves that would IMO decimate that conference from a basketball standpoint and I don't want to be left to put the band aids on everyone.

If unc leaves that means Virginia and or ga tech would probably leave. Or Clemson. Or fsu.

If I am the ACC that is my #1 priority right now outside of getting say uconn to join.

I don't even want to fathom what will happen if Carolina leaves.