The All Inclusive, Dohn, Rutgers and Crystal Balls thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The All Inclusive, Dohn, Rutgers and Crystal Balls thread

Dohn moved Blanding to #1 in NYS and dropped Perry to #3 in 247 NYS rankings. Its funny that he bumps Blanding right after commiting to Penn st. His film and offers validates his ranking. I can understand that. What I dont understand is Strong moving passed Perry.

Dohn moved Blanding to #1 in NYS and dropped Perry to #3 in 247 NYS rankings. Its funny that he bumps Blanding right after commiting to Penn st. His film and offers validates his ranking. I can understand that. What I dont understand is Strong moving passed Perry.
Dohn realized he made an error(rating an SU commit highly) and dropped him

Blanding is, IMHO, more ready to play than Perry and deserves to be ahead of him. I have him rated ahead of Perry. Though I think Perry might have more upside...

Rating Strong in his top 20 would be highly questionable.

Rating him in a top 10 of NYS players is insane.

Rating him the second best player in the state is laughable.

This is why no one in the country has any respect for Dohn. He is the Rutgers of football football recruiting 'analysts'. Well done Brian.

Blanding is, IMHO, more ready to play than Perry and deserves to be ahead of him. I have him rated ahead of Perry. Though I think Perry might have more upside...

Rating Strong in his top 20 would be highly questionable.

Rating him in a top 10 of NYS players is insane.

Rating him the second best player in the state is laughable.

This is why no one in the country has any respect for Dohn. He is the Rutgers of football football recruiting 'analysts'. Well done Brian.

AFE3FD36-6563-4191-BEC4-E8AD4F7C9648.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Dillon Fontes hoping we can get him to take an official visit.
He could still end up signing with a good program but I heard he has some work ethic issues.

LOL. Not laughing at you Money but at Dohn.

I looked at Strong's film. Closely.

He is legitimately tall. Probably all of 6'3. But he is also a skinny guy. I doubt 190 pounds. And his frame, from what I can see, does not look like there is a lot of room to fill out.

He is not a burner. No way he is fast enough to be a corner at the P5 level. He can't run well enough to be a safety for Syracuse either. Now we have higher standards than Rutgers does for defensive personnel and just because he wasn't good enough for Syracuse doesn't mean he can't eventually work hard and get to a place where he can contribute on a P5 team.

But if he stays at safety, he either made remarkably improvements in his speed and agility out of the blue, or Rutgers is fielding a team of bad athletes.

I think if he has a hope of playing football at Rutgers, he needs to add 30 or 40 pounds of muscle to his frame and become a linebacker.

I question whether that is possible and if it is worthwhile to keep a player like him on scholarship for the years required to do this.

Would not be surprised if he quits football and focuses on lacrosse. Looks like a better prospect in that sport.

Or transfers to a level where he belongs down the road.

Again, I am happy for Ian. Love seeing NYS players get scholarships and am glad RU is taking a chance on him. Hope he works hard and becomes a player. Wouldn't be shocked if he starts as an LB as a junior/season if he works his butt off.

Like you say, players with one P5 offer, from the worst P5 program in the country, can't be ranked ahead of the 10 or 15 players in the state with multiple P5 offers. Especially when this player isn't super talented and does not have a clear position to play.

Bottom line, I guess you have to do what you have to do to have a job and put food on the table. Brian's kids need to eat and Rutgers fans apparently enjoy reading fiction.

It is all good.

LOL. Not laughing at you Money but at Dohn.

I looked at Strong's film. Closely.

He is legitimately tall. Probably all of 6'3. But he is also a skinny guy. I doubt 190 pounds. And his frame, from what I can see, does not look like there is a lot of room to fill out.

He is not a burner. No way he is fast enough to be a corner at the P5 level. He can't run well enough to be a safety for Syracuse either. Now we have higher standards than Rutgers does for defensive personnel and just because he wasn't good enough for Syracuse doesn't mean he can't eventually work hard and get to a place where he can contribute on a P5 team.

But if he stays at safety, he either made remarkably improvements in his speed and agility out of the blue, or Rutgers is fielding a team of bad athletes.

I think if he has a hope of playing football at Rutgers, he needs to add 30 or 40 pounds of muscle to his frame and become a linebacker.

I question whether that is possible and if it is worthwhile to keep a player like him on scholarship for the years required to do this.

Would not be surprised if he quits football and focuses on lacrosse. Looks like a better prospect in that sport.

Or transfers to a level where he belongs down the road.

Again, I am happy for Ian. Love seeing NYS players get scholarships and am glad RU is taking a chance on him. Hope he works hard and becomes a player. Wouldn't be shocked if he starts as an LB as a junior/season if he works his butt off.

Like you say, players with one P5 offer, from the worst P5 program in the country, can't be ranked ahead of the 10 or 15 players in the state with multiple P5 offers. Especially when this player isn't super talented and does not have a clear position to play.

Bottom line, I guess you have to do what you have to do to have a job and put food on the table. Brian's kids need to eat and Rutgers fans apparently enjoy reading fiction.

It is all good.
I couldnt have said it any better than you.

Lol Brian just went back and made a 2022 rutgers track signee the #7 ranked football player in the state of NJ. He got word that he would be playing football too. He gave him a 88 rating. That’s close to a 4 star. This guy is the master of putting whip cream on poop.

This Fitzroy Ledgister kid is a track kid that didn’t stand out in football. Dohn made him the # 7th ranked NJ football player 7 months after the season ended. Look at the message exchange here. This is the type of justifications Dohn makes to raise the ratings for rutgers commits.

Someone should do a chart of Rutgers NY/NJ recruits with their P5 offers and rankings
from all the other sites. I’d bet they’re almost all rated highest on 247.

Attachments

• 32CC218D-88C9-4014-8FEE-A8C11139DFCF.jpeg
    32CC218D-88C9-4014-8FEE-A8C11139DFCF.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
This Fitzroy Ledgister kid is a track kid that didn’t stand out in football. Dohn made him the # 7th ranked NJ football player 7 months after the season ended. Look at the message exchange here. This is the type of justifications Dohn makes to raise the ratings for rutgers commits.

Someone should do a chart of Rutgers NY/NJ recruits with their P5 offers and rankings
from all the other sites. I’d bet they’re almost all rated highest on 247.
That is beyond lazy, so now the justification is that any kid with measurables gets priority in the rankings.

So I guess that means our Grad transfer from FAU should have been a 5 star grad transfer.

I happened to notice this when looking back at that 2022 class. Dohn gave Thomas Amankwaa a big bump. Made him the #2 player in NJ. He went from 85 to 87 to a 91 grade. Those are big jumps. Rivals had him as a low 3 star and espn had him as a high 3. Dohn makes him a 4 star. He was sneaky about it too. Made the change on Jan 31st.

Attachments

• DD06FF0B-1A38-4D8F-BABD-A26848536F43.jpeg
    DD06FF0B-1A38-4D8F-BABD-A26848536F43.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 201
I happened to notice this when looking back at that 2022 class. Dohn gave Thomas Amankwaa a big bump. Made him the #2 player in NJ. He went from 85 to 87 to a 91 grade. Those are big jumps. Rivals had him as a low 3 star and espn had him as a high 3. Dohn makes him a 4 star. He was sneaky about it too. Made the change on Jan 31st.
And when he performs like a low 3 star, their fans will be left shaking their heads. His only power 5 offers were Rutgers, Syracuse and Pitt. If he were a true 4 star, wouldn't he have a bunch of power 5 offeres?

And when he performs like a low 3 star, their fans will be left shaking their heads. His only power 5 offers were Rutgers, Syracuse and Pitt. If he were a true 4 star, wouldn't he have a bunch of power 5 offeres?
That would be a yes. Also, their fans like to reference the 247 ratings on all their commits. There’s a reason why the grades are always higher on that site and it’s not because Dohn has a better eye than anyone else. Lol.

If you watch Ian Strong's film and compare it to Perry's you will see there is no reason to rank Strong ahead of him unless you are a rutgers alum and die hard.
Some people do great at camps or practice but when it gets real they aren't as good. It was rumored that Jim Brown wasn't good at practice, but when it came time to play he was the best.
That was one of the problems Jim had with Paul Brown.

If you watch Ian Strong's film and compare it to Perry's you will see there is no reason to rank Strong ahead of him unless you are a rutgers alum and die hard.

Don't need to even watch to know that. Flip side though, if Brian keeps nuking our commit rankings maybe other schools will leave them alone.

State Penn, Ohio State... Pen, etc don't want 82 rated recruits

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom