The All Inclusive, Dohn, Rutgers and Crystal Balls thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The All Inclusive, Dohn, Rutgers and Crystal Balls thread

dohn gave rutgers commit Ian strong a 87 rating and #2 rated kid in NY. No other P5 offers. He makes every kid a high 3 star that is commited to rutgers. Rivals rated this kid a 2 star. He can boost their rankings id he wants but its easy to see that 5 of their 9 commits have one P5 offer.
I believe two star ratings are often the default rating if the player had not been evaluated yet
Not sure if this is the case here

They have an eye for talent and got on them early. Trust the coaches. Isn’t that we used to say around here?
Just playing devil’s advocate. I don’t really believe the BS I just typed!
I don’t remember hearing that, but I don’t doubt it. Only idiots would actually believe it.

They have an eye for talent and got on them early. Trust the coaches. Isn’t that what we used to say around here?
Just playing devil’s advocate. I don’t really believe the BS I just typed!
Lol. It’s true

I believe two star ratings are often the default rating if the player had not been evaluated yet
Not sure if this is the case here
That’s not true. Through the years I’ve seen several prospects given a 2 star and weren’t reevaluated after improved camp performances and good senior films.

Questionable evaluations. Cuse lean Eric King was way better than their commit John Stone at the rivals camp Stone has been stinking it up at camps. I have proof because he was dropped from a 5.7 to a 5.6. How does he have the same rating as King when King was proven to be better at the same camp?

Also Dohn waited 2 months to evaluate Perry and Clement. Emails were sent to his supervisor and that’s when he finally rated them. Dohn evaluates rutgers commits that were previously unranked within a week or so and immediately makes them a border line 4 star and top 5 in NYS. Also, why isn’t NJ prospect Josh Richards evaluated? Probably because he knows he’s a Cuse lean.

Last edited:
It would be great if someone with time to kill went back and compared his evaluations for these 1 offer guys with how those guys eventually ended up performing.

It would be great if someone with time to kill went back and compared his evaluations for these 1 offer guys with how those guys eventually ended up performing.
With all their great recruiting success since they went to the big ten.they have done nothing. As bad as we have been the only year Eric stayed healthy we won 10 games.
If TD had waited until the end of the year, we probably had a chance to win 6 last year.
This year we finally have more then 1 option at QB. Every year Eric got hurt we lost games and missed bowls.

That’s not true. Through the years I’ve seen several prospects given a 2 star and weren’t reevaluated after improved camp performances and good senior films.

Questionable evaluations. Cuse lean Eric King was way better than their commit John Stone at the rivals camp Stone has been stinking it up at camps. I have proof because he was dropped from a 5.7 to a 5.6. How does he have the same rating as King when King was proven to be better at the same camp?

Also Dohn waited 2 months to evaluate Perry and Clement. Emails were sent to his supervisor and that’s when he finally rated them. Dohn evaluates rutgers commits that we’re previously unranked within a week or so and immediately makes them a border line 4 star and top 5 in NYS. Also, why isn’t NJ prospect Josh Richards evaluated? Probably because he knows he’s a Cuse lean.
King and Stone aren't even in the same league. Stone has a lot of work to do to ever become a P5 player. King is likely a contributor by year 2 at a school like Cuse or Rutgers.

Also Dohn waited 2 months to evaluate Perry and Clement. Emails were sent to his supervisor and that’s when he finally rated them. Dohn evaluates rutgers commits that were previously unranked within a week or so and immediately makes them a border line 4 star and top 5 in NYS. Also, why isn’t NJ prospect Josh Richards evaluated? Probably because he knows he’s a Cuse lean.
Sounds like RU might have been making an evaluation error in regards to King

rutgers just got a wr commit from Mass. unrated by other services but Dohn has him as a 87. He's been rumored to be a rutgers lean way before his OV. rutgers is his only P5 offer. That's now 6 out of 10 commits that has rutgers as their only P5 offer. Dohn knows its going to be a tough year for rutgers recruiting so he really focuising on his inflation.

rutgers just got a wr commit from Mass. unrated by other services but Dohn has him as a 87. He's been rumored to be a rutgers lean way before his OV. rutgers is his only P5 offer. That's now 6 out of 10 commits that has rutgers as their only P5 offer. Dohn knows its going to be a tough year for rutgers recruiting so he really focuising on his inflation.
It's so crazy. Basically any recruit mentioned by Todd is a Rutgers lean, or someone the staff really wants.

Then Dohn automatically rates all Rutgers commits high 3 regardless of their actual potential and current valuation.

Todd benefits to access to the program and Dohn probably has some financial incentive on his end.

It's so crazy. Basically any recruit mentioned by Todd is a Rutgers lean, or someone the staff really wants.

Then Dohn automatically rates all Rutgers commits high 3 regardless of their actual potential and current valuation.

Todd benefits to access to the program and Dohn probably has some financial incentive on his end.
I stopped reading anything involving Toad years ago. The guy is one of the biggest homers Ive seen. You cant trust anything he says. A lot of rutgers fans feel the same.

We’ve been seeing this stuff for years. Where most of the Northeast schools play (outside of PSU) are 2/3 star level recruits, outside the respective top 250/300 lists and with a lot less eyes on them. It gives guys like Mike Farrel (BC), Bob Lichtenfels (Pitt) and Dohn (Rutgers) who have a natural built in bias due to their relationship with those schools/coaching staffs the ability to have their judgement clouded by those staff and school relationships. The only thing different for us is that we’ve never had a Syracuse friendly guy in charge of NE recruit rankings at any of the sites.

Ironically with Bob L we were the beneficiary sometimes. He would rate any kid with early Pitt interest (not even an offer) 3 stars. Some of those kids ended up with Syracuse as their only eventual P5 offer when they committed to us. UCONN also got the benefit of it at times. We see it more with Dohn though because Rutgers has more crossover into NYS recruiting that any other school including Pitt. So he basically has free reign at that site to manipulate state rankings as he sees fit outside of generally the top 250 type Poly Prep or Erasmus kids.

Last edited:
We’ve been seeing this stuff for years. Where most of the Northeast schools play (outside of PSU) are 2/3 star level recruits, outside the respective top 250/300 lists and with a lot less eyes on them. It gives guys like Mike Farrel (BC), Bob Lichtenfels (Pitt) and Dohn (Rutgers) who have a natural built in bias due to their relationship with those schools/coaching staffs the ability to have their judgement clouded by those staff and school relationships. The only thing different for us is that we’ve never had a Syracuse friendly guy in charge of NE recruit rankings at any of the sites.

Ironically with Bob L we were the beneficiary sometimes. He would rate any kid with early Pitt interest (not even an offer) 3 stars. Some of those kids ended up with Syracuse as their only eventual P5 offer when they committed to us. UCONN also got the benefit of it at times. We see it more with Dohn though because Rutgers has more crossover into NYS recruiting that any other school including Pitt. So he basically has free reign at that site to manipulate state rankings as he sees fit.
Its getting blantantly obvious now. A lot of his evals don't make sense. NYS doesnt have a lot of top prospects but he gives Moultrie Goddard as 83 and Trayvon Nelson a 84. Both NYS kids with muliple p5 offers. He gives other NYS guys with no other P5 offers 87's and 86's. Look at rutgers commit Ian Strong's offer list compared to Tyriq Blanding and Dillan Fontus. He has them both ranked lower than Strong. I like Rashad Perry a lot but to say he's #1 in the state might be too generous.

It’s pretty bad when even rivals has their kids rated low. They are all 3*5.5 over there and no offers.

Probably so. FYI. You are here way more than my subtle appearances on the rivals board. We don’t play rutgers this year. Why are you so intrigued with SU?
I am not here much, mostly it is when RU and Cuse have interest in the same recruits
like King for example

I am not here much, mostly it is when RU and Cuse have interest in the same recruits
like King for example
Gotcha. How do the fans feel about the class so far? Looks like Greg is pulling the trigger early on some less coveted recruits. They lack P5 offers.

Gotcha. How do the fans feel about the class so far? Looks like Greg is pulling the trigger early on some less coveted recruits. They lack P5 offers.
Yes and Dohn will rate them between 86 and 87. In reality they should be rated around 82 and 83. Dohn loves his Rutgers Kool aid

Yes and Dohn will rate them between 86 and 87. In reality they should be rated around 82 and 83. Dohn loves his Rutgers Kool aid
Yup. He knows they wont get favorable ratings on the other sites so he inflates his. This allows their low end commits to have 85 composites. Dohn’s rutgers ratings are always higher than the other sites. Why is that?

Probably so. FYI. You are here way more than my subtle appearances on the rivals board. We don’t play rutgers this year. Why are you so intrigued with SU?
Same reason I do drive-by's through Rutgers 24/7 and The Boneyard...it is fun to read the vitriol and delusion. ;-)

Last edited:
It is a two edge sword

When we got a verbal from Y Haynes his offer list was not the best and fans expressed their disappointment.
Then he blew up and he decommitted and later on accepted an offer from PSU

So, some fans will trust Schiano's judgement no matter what

I personally am concerned about not getting the obvious great players that everyone wants

A large part of the problem was the loss of two of our best recruiting coaches that had established connections
The new coaches will be good but it hurts the 2023 recruiting right now

I never trust an early commit from Florida players, they are the hardest to keep if the big Fla programs get interested

The final evaluation of the 2023 class will probably be down a bit, unless several blow up during their senior year and remain committed

It is a two edge sword

When we got a verbal from Y Haynes his offer list was not the best and fans expressed their disappointment.
Then he blew up and he decommitted and later on accepted an offer from PSU

So, some fans will trust Schiano's judgement no matter what

I personally am concerned about not getting the obvious great players that everyone wants

A large part of the problem was the loss of two of our best recruiting coaches that had established connections
The new coaches will be good but it hurts the 2023 recruiting right now

I never trust an early commit from Florida players, they are the hardest to keep if the big Fla programs get interested

The final evaluation of the 2023 class will probably be down a bit, unless several blow up during their senior year and remain committed
That all makes sense. We face the same challenges here. We just don’t have the same amount of prospects in state. Not sure why fans wasnt excited about Haynes. He had good film and offers from Ole Miss and others. I thought that was great early commit for rutgers.

That all makes sense. We face the same challenges here. We just don’t have the same amount of prospects in state. Not sure why fans wasnt excited about Haynes. He had good film and offers from Ole Miss and others. I thought that was great early commit ked
That all makes sense. We face the same challenges here. We just don’t have the same amount of prospects in state. Not sure why fans wasnt excited about Haynes. He had good film and offers from Ole Miss and others. I thought that was great early commit for rutgers.
I did not check Haynes offers at the time of his commitment to RU, but remember the complaining about it from others on the board

Some fans either never look at the film, they immediately go to the offer list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom