The All Inclusive, Dohn, Rutgers and Crystal Balls thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The All Inclusive, Dohn, Rutgers and Crystal Balls thread

Dohn CB'd Eric King to Cuse today. He didnt give a VIP article or share the info on the Cuse board. Regional analysts are expecting to do that.
It has to be killing him to see Syracuse re-emerging as a major force recruiting New Jersey.

Given he is a Rutgers fan, his mental health was suspect from the start.

I am worried about him.

the free subscription to Paramount Plus is what is keeping most people, including me, on that site. it sure isn't Dohn and it sure isn't Bailey's recruiting "insight"
Not for nothing, but anyone with writing ability could do the job Bailey is doing there. He doesn't scoop anything.

Not for nothing, but anyone with writing ability could do the job Bailey is doing there. He doesn't scoop anything.
I think he is the only one who bothers to cover the portion of practice open to the media well.

Also think his work on depth charts is a level better than any of the other journalists covering the team.

Different people have different strengths. I hope The Athletic adds a writer to cover Syracuse sports soon to add to the mix.

I think he is the only one who bothers to cover the portion of practice open to the media well.

Also think his work on depth charts is a level better than any of the other journalists covering the team.

Different people have different strengths. I hope The Athletic adds a writer to cover Syracuse sports soon to add to the mix.
I'd be curious to know how many subscribers 247 has lost since he took over there. The boards over there are a ghost town now. It's mostly article posts with no responses and where there are responses, it's the same 3-5 people.

He's a talented writer but extremely lazy when it comes to subject matter IMO. Just a bad fit for a subscriber based recruiting site that relies on insider information and breaking recruiting information before others do to drive value.

I'd be curious to know how many subscribers 247 has lost since he took over there. The boards over there are a ghost town now. It's mostly article posts with no responses and where there are responses, it's the same 3-5 people.

He's a talented writer but extremely lazy when it comes to subject matter IMO. Just a bad fit for a subscriber based recruiting site that relies on insider information and breaking recruiting information before others do to drive value.
The 247 and Rivals web sites are almost completely driven by recruiting coverage. That isn't Stephen's forte.

I think Stephen is more of a analyst, nut and bolts kind of writer. I think the fanbase ideally needs people who cover recruiting and the beat type stuff too.

He might be better suited to do what Gutierrez was trying to do for The Athletic. Behind the scenes things. Practice reports. Big picture stuff about schemes and strategies. The kinds of things Dave Rahme did years ago that have just disappeared with the demise of the sports section of PS (save SU hoops coverage).

The 247 and Rivals web sites are almost completely driven by recruiting coverage. That isn't Stephen's forte.

I think Stephen is more of a analyst, nut and bolts kind of writer. I think the fanbase ideally needs people who cover recruiting and the beat type stuff too.

He might be better suited to do what Gutierrez was trying to do for The Athletic. Behind the scenes things. Practice reports. Big picture stuff about schemes and strategies. The kinds of things Dave Rahme did years ago that have just disappeared with the demise of the sports section of PS (save SU hoops coverage).
I would agree, I think observational reporting is his strong suit. Scooping stories is not.

At least he tries and seems to be sincerely interested

Yep

upside down spinning GIF

Was it this one?

dohn gave rutgers commit Ian strong a 87 rating and #2 rated kid in NY. No other P5 offers. He makes every kid a high 3 star that is commited to rutgers. Rivals rated this kid a 2 star. He can boost their rankings id he wants but its easy to see that 5 of their 9 commits have one P5 offer.

Last edited:
dohn gave rutgers commit Ian strong a 87 rating and #2 rated kid in NY. No other P5 offers. He makes every kid a high 3 star that is commited to rutgers. Rivals rated this kid a 2 star. He can boost their rankings id he wants but its easy to see that 5 of their 9 commits have one P5 offer.
Sounds legit.

Last edited:
They told other teams not up offer: it was Rutgers or bust.

They have an eye for talent and got on them early. Trust the coaches. Isn’t that what we used to say around here?
Just playing devil’s advocate. I don’t really believe the BS I just typed!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom