The all inclusive Quade Green thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

The all inclusive Quade Green thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate all of these comments about he spurned us once or he had his chance so no thanks. Like we all knew exactly what the right thing to do was when we were all 18??? Enough of those comments. The only thing that matters is that he finds a good fit. If Syracuse is that fit, then we want him. If not, then I hope he finds a good home, now that he is the ripe age of 19 or 20 and should have life all figured out, for sure.

Seriously. Totally agree. He could potentially help if we want him. Like someone else posted, he won’t be competing against an SGA or other 5* kids here. Any added guard help and ballhandling in this system should be welcomed. If I was Q at age 17/18; it would be very hard to turn down UK and that type of offer if we are being honest here unless he was hellbent on playing in a 2-3 zone only.

Seriously. Totally agree. He could potentially help if we want him. Like someone else posted, he won’t be competing against an SGA or other 5* kids here. Any added guard help and ballhandling in this system should be welcomed. If I was Q at age 17/18; it would be very hard to turn down UK and that type of offer if we are being honest here unless he was hellbent on playing in a 2-3 zone only.

He'd play 2-3 at Washington. If I'm on the staff, i reach out to him. You're playing for now. Not 2020 or 2021. He's eligible to play in the Spring '20. Worry about Symir and whoever when they get there.

I hate all of these comments about he spurned us once or he had his chance so no thanks. Like we all knew exactly what the right thing to do was when we were all 18??? Enough of those comments. The only thing that matters is that he finds a good fit. If Syracuse is that fit, then we want him. If not, then I hope he finds a good home, now that he is the ripe age of 19 or 20 and should have life all figured out, for sure.

Agreed, this thread is weird.

And I know an obvious comeback to me saying that is that I don't have to read it. And that's completely accurate.

But it doesn't change the fact that this thread is weird.

He'd play 2-3 at Washington. If I'm on the staff, i reach out to him. You're playing for now. Not 2020 or 2021. He's eligible to play in the Spring '20. Worry about Symir and whoever when they get there.

Exclusive 2-3 I mean. We shouldn’t be turning our noses at any good ballhandlers. Especially since he is a true PG with a good handle. I know things haven’t played out the way he wanted it to go at UK. But, he’s not a combo where you need to worry about the handle and instincts. Might be nice to have a bench true PG on the roster while we continue to play Russian Roulette with the combos/conversions.

Yup. Hands down some of the worst posts I’ve ever seen on here. Like, they’re actually personally insulted that a kid picked another school. Lol.

Exclusive 2-3 I mean. We shouldn’t be turning our noses at any good ballhandlers. Especially since he is a true PG with a good handle. I know things haven’t played out the way he wanted it to go at UK. But, he’s not a combo where you need to worry about the handle and instincts. Might be nice to have a bench true PG on the roster while we continue to play Russian Roulette with the combos/conversions.

Number state otherwise. High TO rate but was shooting at a high clip.

Only 2.5 turnovers per 40 minutes last year though.

Hard to figure what’s been happening this year.
He's probably trying too hard. He knows this is his last chance to produce there and get meaningful pt. Would love to have him at Cuse, but if we can't have him, I hope Hop gets him.

Oh God not again.

Ooohhhhh yeeeeeeeees... Quade Green threads are the undead!
6D03DEE8-6D1D-473F-AFF1-1F8AC21C3EDC.gif

This Quade thread oddly enough has me thinking about Christmas songs.

One in particular.

Believe it’s called “The Man With the Bag.”

You say "The only thing that matters is that he finds a good fit." I don't agree. SU is part of this equation. Even if Quade feels he is a fit with SU, SU needs to feel Quade will fit in. Quade has the potential to be a team cancer. Not worth it IMO.

I don't see this working for either party.

You say "The only thing that matters is that he finds a good fit." I don't agree. SU is part of this equation. Even if Quade feels he is a fit with SU, SU needs to feel Quade will fit in. Quade has the potential to be a team cancer. Not worth it IMO.

What evidence do you have of this statement?

Eh... Calipari gets a lot of NBA talent, true, but there's a lot of "talent" that's left Syracuse that hasn't gotten much better. Quade probably wouldn't be doing much here either.
Who hasn't gotten better that had talent, worked hard and didn't suffer injuries.

How so? People have had nothing but great things to say about him during his time in Lexington. Despite how the recruitment turned out, he was raised pretty well. If he was a cancer, he would have been pushed out sooner.

What evidence do you have of this statement?
Quade is apparently not happy with his PT and is transferring from UK. If he does not get much PT at SU it is reasonable to think he might get disgruntled.

SU is in the process of putting together several team oriented building block type players (Hughes, Buddy, JG3)- pay your dues types. SU used to match these upperclass program players with a few 2 and dones for excellent teams. I liked the strategy and want to see it again. Quade does fit.

Given where they are personnel-wise / the way the Quinnerly situation is heading, this makes a lot of sense.

He'd also have the city behind him plus one of the players is a former teammate.

Good enough for Nova, but is scared of 3 star recruits that are still in high school, at Cuse. Lol.

Some of those earlier takes were just the worst.

But we're a far superior program to someone in a poop conference!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.