The all inclusive Quade Green thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The all inclusive Quade Green thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet if he wanted to come here and JB took him, he'd be very welcomed by at least most after putting on that Orange uniform. He'd probably be extra determined to play well given the past. But, the past is the past.

Yeah. I don’t know why people wouldn’t want him here other than spite. PGs run college basketball, never have too many.
Here are some reasons other than spite:

Roster balance - SU has a lot of guards now. And QG would be a similar class.

Affect on future recruits - putting QG on the roster could adversely affect a future recruit like Symir.

Team construction - I would like to see SU get back to trying to have very good upperclassman program players (Buddy, JG3, Hughes) mixed in with a couple 4-5 star short term NBA types. QG is neither, he's more like adding a Gillon, and as SU gets out of sanctions it should go back to the old team construction method.

Minute distribution - QG's minutes would come at the expense of upstate fan favorites Buddy and JG3's developmental minutes.

I bet if he wanted to come here and JB took him, he'd be very welcomed by at least most after putting on that Orange uniform. He'd probably be extra determined to play well given the past. But, the past is the past.
For the love of everything holy...Let. It. Go.

It hasn’t been long since it was revealed Quade Green was leaving Kentucky, but we already have a potential landing spot.

According to KSR’s Matt Jones, the Washington Huskies are a potential destination for Green.

What’s even more interesting about this possible transfer is that Kentucky is battling Washington for Class of 2019 recruit Jaden McDaniels. The five-star forward and top-10 prospect is strongly considering those two schools along with the San Diego State Aztecs, Texas Longhorns and UCLA Bruins.

However, it’s been Kentucky and Washington getting the most buzz recently, so Green leaving Lexington to join the Huskies could be an interesting dynamic in this recruitment. Kentucky really needs to win this recruitment, but you have to think Washington would get a boost if they have Green in their corner to help out.

Washington mentioned as possible transfer destination for Quade Green

Stunting the development of Girard? He's not even a point guard. He's an undersized two.

He's better than Howard Washington who wasn't getting much playing time before the injury and lack of depth.

Quade is a true point guard. Something SU hasn't had since Ennis.

I would love to have him. All other issues will work themselves out. As a general rule more talent should always be welcomed, space allowing.

The most compelling argument against is probably the roster balance one - will we have enough scholarships available for forwards and bigs if we take another guard.

That said I doubt he’s coming here.

Stunting the development of Girard? He's not even a point guard. He's an undersized two.

He's better than Howard Washington who wasn't getting much playing time before the injury and lack of depth.

I think the plan is for JG3 to learn to play the point. He is an extremely coachable kid and I think he can/will develop into an excellent pg in the GMac mode.

It's easy for me to see good things from JG3 and Buddy in '21-'22. Not with Quade.

Based upon a few of the games that I've seen UK play, I haven't been that impressed with Green. Often, he was more or less playing the two, and hovering on the wing to lauch 3's. He's quite undersized at that position. When I did see him at the one, he did a lot of east-west moving and passing, not much penetrating and getting into the lane to set up shooters, etc.

From a few of the games that I've seen UK play, I haven't been that impressed with Green. Often, he was more or less playing the two, and hovering on the wing to lauch 3's. He's quite undersized at that position. When I did see him at the one, he did a lot of east-west moving and passing, not much penetrating and getting into the lane to set up shooters, etc.

Jonny Flynn was undersized at the position. His athleticism more than made up for it. The staff went after him for a reason. You need skill players on the team regardless of height.

Jonny Flynn was undersized at the position. His athleticism more than made up for it. The staff went after him for a reason. You need skill players on the team regardless of height.

Flynn was much more athletic than Green, or at least appeared to be. And Flynn drove and was a continuous threat getting into the lane, etc., Green not so much from what I've seen.

Yeah. I don’t know why people wouldn’t want him here other than spite. PGs run college basketball, never have too many.

Yep. Only thing that matters is if the staff would still take him. Don't think they are too worried about a bunch of fan board posters butthurt feelings. If Washington ends up leaving which certainly seems possible, Quade would represent a pretty sizable upgrade to the roster and rotation and that is the only thing that I care about.

Talk about why we should bring Green in.

Why would he, looking at our lineup, want to come?

He's already played the "break into the lineup" game. Why would he want to do that again?

Because he's not going to be fighting against a constant group of Mickey D's 5 star 1 and done NBA talents With all love and respect to our squad, it's not really a similar situation at all. Have Carey who may or may not be able to be a high level ball handler and distributor and then Goodine who also has the same questions. It's damn near impossible to win in college basketball without a great lead guard. Just look at the last 5 champions. Nova had Brunson twice, UNC had Berry, Duke had Tyus Jones, UCONN had Shabazz. Last 5 most outstanding players at the final 4 were DiVincenzo, Berry, Arcidiacano, Jones, Napier as well.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time with all of this concern over Girard. I'm sorry, but I've heard a bunch of times on here that Buddy is/was even better than Girard, and Buddy's had a hard time getting into, let alone contributing in, meaningful games. QG has already played in some real meaningful games and hasn't withered as far as I've seen. I understand he's not up to Pay Pal's standards, but seems like he could do some nice things on the Hill. And allow Girard to take his time to learn the position at this level.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm having a hard time with all of this concern over Girard. I'm sorry, but I've heard a bunch of times on here that Buddy is/was even better than Girard, and Buddy's had a hard time getting into, let alone contributing in, meaningful games. QG has already played in some real meaningful games and hasn't withered as far as I've seen. I understand he's not up to Pay Pal's standards, but seems like he could do some nice things on the Hill. And allow Girard to take his time to learn the position at this level.
I'm in agreement on that. I think the idea that we wouldn't want Quade because he would block JG3 or Buddy is kind of crazy. I think Jalen is gone after next year. We would be left with Goodine, Buddy and JG3. Why are we the only school that doesn't seem to be ok recruiting over the top of kids. I mean K signs Tucker and then grabs 3 other forwards inside a month it felt like. Cal grabs Hagans and Quickley after telling QG he would have the reins for 2 years. Not to mention Shai being grabbed after. How about we bring in Quade and if Jalen stays and Goodine is the truth that we let Quade sit on our bench playing 10 minutes a game. If he can't providing shooting play Buddy or JG3 over him.

I'm in agreement on that. I think the idea that we wouldn't want Quade because he would block JG3 or Buddy is kind of crazy. I think Jalen is gone after next year. We would be left with Goodine, Buddy and JG3. Why are we the only school that doesn't seem to be ok recruiting over the top of kids. I mean K signs Tucker and then grabs 3 other forwards inside a month it felt like. Cal grabs Hagans and Quickley after telling QG he would have the reins for 2 years. Not to mention Shai being grabbed after. How about we bring in Quade and if Jalen stays and Goodine is the truth that we let Quade sit on our bench playing 10 minutes a game. If he can't providing shooting play Buddy or JG3 over him.

I think you're second to last sentence is the reason he won't come here. If he's already struggled with playing time, why would he come to compete against Carey/Goodine?

I am so tired of Quade Green. I say lets send him our best wishes, and a pair of tweezers to pick the pine slivers out of his rear end.

I hate all of these comments about he spurned us once or he had his chance so no thanks. Like we all knew exactly what the right thing to do was when we were all 18??? Enough of those comments. The only thing that matters is that he finds a good fit. If Syracuse is that fit, then we want him. If not, then I hope he finds a good home, now that he is the ripe age of 19 or 20 and should have life all figured out, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom