The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 159 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Wait a minute, what's wrong with a 50 year old man drinking a beer? I can't believe he had to apologize for that.

From reading the article it sounds like that student tailgate area was getting out of hand and he was planning to address those issues and that might not have been the best way to go about that.

From reading the article it sounds like that student tailgate area was getting out of hand and he was planning to address those issues and that might not have been the best way to go about that.
"Kenneth Cop, the chief of Rutgers University Police, said the environment was relatively calm and his department ended up issuing two citations apiece to a total of four people in the hours leading up to the 12 p.m. kickoff. "

Doesn't seem to me there was a big issue.

Wait a minute, what's wrong with a 50 year old man drinking a beer? I can't believe he had to apologize for that.

You can't be a university rep participating in a university related activity promoting things your university probably has policies about. When we have my wife's students over to the house for a picnic, we don't drink. You don't want to be within a mile of seemingly promoting something that is harmful or illegal in front of students.

As a Dad I have no illusions about what happens on college campuses - but I sure as hell don't want a university member promoting it.

As a Dad I have no illusions about what happens on college campusest.

I know what you mean. Just the other day, I walked past a malt shop near a college campus. There was one couple drinking out of the same cup! I mean, they were using separate straws, but still...I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't even going steady.;)

Have to agree with this. Furthermore, he apparently only drank the suds. It may have been a bad look, but this is going a little overboard.

Now, all that said, I love that this happened to Rutgers and they are getting hammered over it.

"Kenneth Cop, the chief of Rutgers University Police, said the environment was relatively calm and his department ended up issuing two citations apiece to a total of four people in the hours leading up to the 12 p.m. kickoff. "

Doesn't seem to me there was a big issue.

So they apparently gave out 8 citations in total. Were they double fisting?

Would they have had an issue with him if he was smoking a cigar?

This whole story is stupid!

You guys are missing it. If an AD is doing it with students, he's at best sanctioning it and at worst advertising it. Colleges are made up of a lot of underage kids. Dumb law? Sure. But a law. You can't be seen endorsing an activity like that.

Trust me - my wife has spent 10+ years on a campus. It does not fly. Even as degenerate as Rutgers is.

Yeah. At the very least, if you're an AD, you need to avoid doing things that you'll have to apologize for.
Well, he did learn from the best - I'm sure she left notes
images

Jake said:
Yeah. At the very least, if you're an AD, you need to avoid doing things that you'll have to apologize for.

Was always told not to do something you don't want in the paper.

You guys are missing it. If an AD is doing it with students, he's at best sanctioning it and at worst advertising it. Colleges are made up of a lot of underage kids. Dumb law? Sure. But a law. You can't be seen endorsing an activity like that.

Trust me - my wife has spent 10+ years on a campus. It does not fly. Even as degenerate as Rutgers is.
It's an over 21 event