The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 194 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

How do you get a serious knee injury to your qb in spring practice while thin at the position? Please do not tell me it was a full contact session and qb's were fair game.

How do you get a serious knee injury to your qb in spring practice while thin at the position? Please do not tell me it was a full contact session and qb's were fair game.
Allen was rolling to his left and when he planted his leg something happened. I don't think there was any contact.

No, apparently he was rolling out left on a pass play, threw the ball and came up limping. Just a freak accident.

Reading some threads over on Rivals, Rutgers is melting down. They are talking about only winning two games and just keeping scores close against the upper teams in their conference. I wonder what that means? Maybe losing by five TD's instead of eight. I hope they know that moral victories don't count in the win-loss column. Of course, they are Rutgers, so they may think they do. What bowl takes a team with 12 moral victories?

exactly my route usually

where in jersey are u??? i lived in warren county,washington twp for many years. lived in milltown( near east brunswick)while in grad school at rutgers. my wife is from south river. route 18 was always a nightmare
I am wondering if you might be the same person with a split personality. Admins, please check to see if these "two" posters are ever on at the same time.

exactly my route usually

where in jersey are u??? i lived in warren county,washington twp for many years. lived in milltown( near east brunswick)while in grad school at rutgers. my wife is from south river. route 18 was always a nightmare

I teach in Milltown! They just tore the Michelin plant down, by the way. I live in Old Bridge, so I take 18 to work daily.

Rutgers is on a roll, again. Lose several QBs to other schools and then lose a QB to a freak accident and lose your top received to another freak accident. It's good to be Orange and it's good to not be Rutgers!

Rutgers is on a roll, again. Lose several QBs to other schools and then lose a QB to a freak accident and lose your top received to another freak accident. It's good to be Orange and it's good to not be Rutgers!
Time for the wishbone?

Reading some threads over on Rivals, Rutgers is melting down. They are talking about only winning two games and just keeping scores close against the upper teams in their conference. I wonder what that means? Maybe losing by five TD's instead of eight. I hope they know that moral victories don't count in the win-loss column. Of course, they are Rutgers, so they may think they do. What bowl takes a team with 12 moral victories?

And tipp thought I was joking when I said I wouldn't worry about them too much. Ash is in over is head. New OC, no QB, program in the red.

Do you know Barbara Wright?
Just thinking about the last name Wright. If my last name were Wright and I had a son. I would give him the middle name Saul, and insist everyone call him by all his names. And tell him to always answer "Hey, thanks, you're ok too."

Last edited:
Cool. I live in Milltown. She's family

One of these days I'll actually get to the Golden Lion for wings. I hear they're good. 15 years teaching here and subs from Mike's and ice cream from Ice Cream Depot are the extent of local fare that I've enjoyed.

Rutgers also lost their top WR to a non contact ACL

Karma coming back...Shadiano used to spread rumors that the Carrier Dome carpet caused injuries. I hope they go 1-11.

No, apparently he was rolling out left on a pass play, threw the ball and came up limping. Just a freak accident.

Rutgers also lost their top WR to a non contact ACL
IIRC both Sunny Jurgensen and Bill Kilmer of the Redskins each tore their Achilles tendons in non-contact situations. The left their feet when they were passing and apparently landed in a way that ripped things. No opposing player was even in the TV screen when either got hurt.

Karma coming back...Shadiano used to spread rumors that the Carrier Dome carpet caused injuries. I hope they go 1-11.

Rumor has it that someone found an old note in the AD records stating they donated the old Dome surface to a needy school in Northern New Jersey...