The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 195 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Posters are clamoring for the Wild Knight. Seriously.
Their spring game is on the Big 10 network Saturday. Think I'll record it and when I return from the 'Cuse
Posters are clamoring for the Wild Knight. Seriously.
That will certainly help them lock down those blue chip NJ recruits. I can already hear the howls from Piscataway (8,000 strong) after the first 3 and out...

Reading some threads over on Rivals, Rutgers is melting down. They are talking about only winning two games and just keeping scores close against the upper teams in their conference. I wonder what that means? Maybe losing by five TD's instead of eight. I hope they know that moral victories don't count in the win-loss column. Of course, they are Rutgers, so they may think they do. What bowl takes a team with 12 moral victories?
We probably shoudn't throw stones on this issue. I remember some SU "moral victories" during the GRob and Dougie years. :confused:

Allen was rolling to his left and when he planted his leg something happened. I don't think there was any contact.

No, apparently he was rolling out left on a pass play, threw the ball and came up limping. Just a freak accident.

Thank you guys for the clarification. Was just in disbelief at the meatheadedness of that possibility. Those defensive guys ya know, always doin' tough for toughness sake.

We probably shoudn't throw stones on this issue. I remember some SU "moral victories" during the GRob and Dougie years. :confused:
Doug yes. GRob? That guy had me not wear anything Cuse for 3 years.

I teach in Milltown! They just tore the Michelin plant down, by the way. I live in Old Bridge, so I take 18 to work daily.
i always liked old bridge. liked south river as well. in the old days they had great bakeries. used to have a significant slovak/russian/polish community.
i don't envy you dealing with route 18 for any stretch. 1 mile could take you an hour!!!!the benefit for me though, i discovered what is now called the nj highlands, as i wanted out of middlesex county fast. i was not used to the population density and the never ending traffic.
in the end, the same thing happened later in warren,hunterdon counties. when i started commuting to bernards twp(near basking ridge)it took me 35minutes in 1977 when i retired in 2004 the commute took 1hr.10minutes to go 32miles. thats why i retired early!!!

I am wondering if you might be the same person with a split personality. Admins, please check to see if these "two" posters are ever on at the same time.
its impossible to be the SAME person with a split personality. it is possible to be a person with a split personality.or several personalities.;)

its impossible to be the SAME person with a split personality. it is possible to be a person with a split personality.or several personalities.;)
I've known a few people with no personality, as well.

Rutgers fans, or Asholes as I like to call them, are pulling their hair out on Rivals and can't believe we landed a 4*. I so wanted to mention we got a 4* JC transfer the day before, but I want to keep that line of communication open. They have finally picked up a kid though. Not much more than a preferred walk on I would guess. Good for them. Wait until Judge Culpepper commits here. It will put them over the top.

Proposed self-imposed penalties:
  • A one-year period of probation to commence with the release of the Committee on Infractions decision on this matter, during which the University's Office of Athletic Compliance will be required to prepare reports on the progress of self-imposed sanctions and other penalties and present those reports to the President of the University and the Office of the Committee on Infractions;
  • A $5,000 fine payable to the NCAA
  • A reduction in the number of permissible, off-campus recruiting days by a total of 10: five days in the fall evaluation period and five days in the spring evaluation period during the 2017-18 academic year;
  • A limitation of 36 official visits (for high school seniors and transfer students) in football during the 2017-18 academic year, a reduction by four from the average number of visits used during the four most recent academic years and 26 fewer than permitted under NCAA legislation;
  • A probation on initiating telephone calls, contact via social media, and written correspondence with prospective student-athletes for a one-week period during the 2017-18 academic year.
So the penalties they propose for drug use by players, hidden and possibly doctored drug-testing records, improper recruiting tactics and football officials who ignored rules and lied to investigators, is $5K and 1 week's worth of no Facebook??? Really? Really?????

Forget football and basketball, Rutgers can't even win at saying, "I'm sorry."

• A one-year period of probation to commence with the release of the Committee on Infractions decision on this matter, during which the University's Office of Athletic Compliance will be required to prepare reports on the progress of self-imposed sanctions and other penalties and present those reports to the President of the University and the Office of the Committee on Infractions;
  • A reduction in the number of permissible, off-campus recruiting days by a total of 10: five days in the fall evaluation period and five days in the spring evaluation period during the 2017-18 academic year;
  • A limitation of 36 official visits (for high school seniors and transfer students) in football during the 2017-18 academic year, a reduction by four from the average number of visits used during the four most recent academic years and 26 fewer than permitted under NCAA legislation;
  • A probation on initiating telephone calls, contact via social media, and written correspondence with prospective student-athletes for a one-week period during the 2017-18 academic year.
So the penalties they propose for drug use by players, hidden and possibly doctored drug-testing records, improper recruiting tactics and football officials who ignored rules and lied to investigators, is $5K and 1 week's worth of no Facebook??? Really? Really?????

$5,000 isn't even the cost of a DWI in NJ. What a joke.

Having lived in Northern NJ for 15 years before moving to AZ 4 years ago I can say unequivocally (wow, I spelled it right on the first try) they are not NYs team, and their share of the NY TV market (the one the Big 10 thinks they are going to get) is near a big fat zero. The NJ Rutgers fans only wake up for the bowl games. Otherwise the school has no relevance in the NY market or any market for that matter. Penn State on the other hand has a big presence in NJ and a much larger share of that TV market. Oh wait. They are already in the Big 10. So why did they take Rutgers????
To the Big 10, the R is simply a push pin on a map that supposedly covers the NY market. What a joke!!

It appears they are trying to follow the PedStateU model: A slap on the wrist, a wink and a nod, with a token "fine" to the NCAA, all is good, we didn't mean to do it. It was for the benefit of the kids. Yada, tada, yada, blah, blah, blah...

Point 1: Reports, we will make up fluff to fill the NCAA enforcement divisions notebooks.
Point 2: We will pay a $5K fine, which is nothing in comparison to the several hundred million $$$ the Rutgers AD is in the red.
Point 3: Is it really a reduction when you cannot find athletes that want to play for your team?
Point 4: See point 3
Point 5: See point 3

A penalty in name only, nothing substantive.

Rutgers is about to flip 4* Chris Bleich from PSU

Is the kid really a 4*? Serious question, when certain schools recruit a kid, they get bumped up. Are the measurables consistent with other 4*s? It seams unlikely the kid will get playing time at PSU and is willing to look elsewhere. If Rutgers is flipping him, he probably is not as heavily recruited as one may have originally thought.

Is the kid really a 4*? Serious question, when certain schools recruit a kid, they get bumped up. Are the measurables consistent with other 4*s? It seams unlikely the kid will get playing time at PSU and is willing to look elsewhere. If Rutgers is flipping him, he probably is not as heavily recruited as one may have originally thought.
6-6 305 OT. Hes legit. Hes also a Rutgers legacy which might explain it. Their OL coach Blazek is also a stud recruiter. They had one of the best OL hauls in the B1G last year

The NCAA should ask for that $5k in cash. You know a check wouldn't clear.

I teach in Milltown! They just tore the Michelin plant down, by the way. I live in Old Bridge, so I take 18 to work daily.

Milltown is such a letdown. That community COULD be doing so much more. They have a "downtown". They have easy access to bus and trains. Its location cant be beat (highway access, restaurants etc). In my eyes they COULD be New Brunswick Lite without all the Crime. But they choose to be a closed off fifedom whose police force does nothing but harrass out of towners with BS traffic tickets.

Milltown is such a letdown. That community COULD be doing so much more. They have a "downtown". They have easy access to bus and trains. Its location cant be beat (highway access, restaurants etc). In my eyes they COULD be New Brunswick Lite without all the Crime. But they choose to be a closed off fifedom whose police force does nothing but harrass out of towners with BS traffic tickets.

Where is there a downtown? There's really only one restaurant in town that isn't a pizza place or sandwich shop. I will say though that they do ticket many people cutting through town between Routes 1 and 18. I went to court night last night and within an hour so about 10 people appearing with tickets for using their cell phones without a hands free device. There's only so much you can do in a town that's approximately 1 square mile.