The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 198 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Every time I hear that "Frozen Tundra" phrase, I think of what a dump New Brunswick has always been. Location is the last thing I'd want to brag about if I were a Rutgers fan.

New Jersey's biggest export has always been college students who flee the State in part to get away from the decay of the cities like New Brunswick.
I can't understand this either. I live on the western edge of Tug Hill. I am about ten miles from lake Ontario. I can see the snow clouds coming during the winter. I have seen three to four feet of snow drop overnight. It is actually quite something to see. Nobody gets hurt when snow falls like this.

I remember the last time Notre Dame played in the Dome. It was at the end of coach P's time here. We tailgated with about 12 inches of fresh snow outside of the dome. We then went inside the Dome to watch the game. It was dry and a great time to have a few frosty barley pops. We also kicked the ever living snot out of Notre Dame.

I will take the "frozen tundra" and embrace it opposed to the deadly hurricanes they have received on the Jersey coast. Snow doesn't kill anyone, at least not like a hurricane. I will take the snow and cold of the great Tugg Hill anytime.

I hope all the Rutgers "Ash Holes" enjoy this upcoming season. I predict another 2 win season for them. I give their coach one more season after this and I wish we still played them. Hell, that's one more win for sure.

i dont know why you guys get so bent out of shape with the things they say on their board. I read their free board when i have spare time a few times a week. There is a cuse guy there "money" who gets in pissing matches with their posters, why bother? Read what you have to read, post what you have to post (if inclined) but why go straight to the bottom of the barrel with the insults pissing back and forth.

I live in middlesex county, i went to Cuse. Both places have their faults. Lets just leave it at that. Lets keep smoking them with the recruiting this year, lets win some football games. Lets laugh as they have another 2 win season. Lets be happy we didnt hire ash.

It cracks me up because our winter weather is no different than their entire conference. Cold? Stop it, I spent a few winters in Michigan, I'm lost on what the difference is between an upstate winter and a Michigan winter.

Madison is even more brutal

A defense of "New Brunswick is not as bad as it used to be" isn't very inspiring.

And it's just not the crime and decay that make that part of New Jersey an awful place to live and to go to school. It's the attitudes and behavior of the people. I grew up in Princeton, which was an oasis between NB and Trenton and when I go back there I am stunned by the aggressiveness and rudeness of the drivers and the people. Compared to North Jersey, DC is actually a friendly place populated by polite people. (that's only in comparison to NJ)

The image I have in my head of the NB area is of unrelenting traffic, decaying housing stock. strip malls, and chemical plants making the air barely breathable.

And the climate stinks. It's beastly hot and humid in the Summer and damp, cold and rainy in the Winter. Syracuse is colder and snowier, but the difference is that the Syracuse winter starts a few weeks sooner and ends a few weeks later. There's more snow in Syracuse, but when you are a college student and don't drive, who cares? Summers in CNY are far superior to the sweltering heat and humidity of NJ.

When I used to travel from NJ to Syracuse, I can remember how much more pleasant it was than NJ. The air seemed cleaner, the surroundings prettier, and the traffic wasn't even an issue.

I used to play golf at uncrowded Green Lakes park for a couple of dollars as a student. Try doing that in Central NJ.

Don't try to sell New Brunswick to me as being better than just about anyplace in the US. I'll bet if you took a poll of people in Middles e x County on how many of them would like to leave if they could make a living elsewhere, you would get a very large percentage of them wanting out.
i am not sure why the level of hostility. i am not trying to sell nj to anyone. i would take upstate ny any day and you are right about the unending traffic, which by the way stretches into pa. princeton is awesome as is much of northern mercer and hunterdon county.
further, i have often said that i have never been as cold in my life as i was in nj, as the winters are very humid rainy and wet, and everything is a shade of brown. princeton is an awesome area.
that said, i point out that your rabid description of todays new brunswick correlates with what rutgers fans think of syracuse and upstate ny---totally biased,uninformed and inaccurate. they r transitioning much like syracuse. upstate ny is beautiful and i miss it ---i am up there 6-7 times year---and am a big finger lakes guy. that does not mean i cannot appreciate the other areas of the country are trying to re-invent themselves.
you r also right, that most people in middlesex county would bail if given the opportunity, but the work is in northern nj and ny.
i don't care that u lived in princeton, of which i am very familiar. the mere beauty of the topography of upstate dwarfs what u find in a lot of nj. however, i was not trying to compare which is better as imho there is no comparison, rather pointing out that things change.your rant seems to be responding to some other issue you have and not to the urban renewal of new brunswick.

I didn't say majority, I said sizable... no need to flip out, but, there were a number who heralded him as a "defensive genius" with blue blood roots.

A sizable contingent of our fan base wanted Chris Ash.
I don't know what percentage wanted which name that was being bandied around at the time, but I believe that a consensus was in favor of an offensive -- not defensive -- coach after the previous ten years. :confused:

I don't know what percentage wanted which name that was being bandied around at the time, but I believe that a consensus was in favor of an offensive -- not defensive -- coach after the previous ten years. :confused:
I felt Frosty

Scott Frost was my choice, but I am happy with Dino.

The next time any of us say something nasty about Urban Meyer, remember that he encouraged Ash to go to Rutgers instead of SU. Not sure if we would have hired him if he had wanted us over RU but I still am eternally grateful to Meyer. Still don't like him, but am grateful. Ash is a disaster. Watch him interviewed. Totally clueless.

i dont know why you guys get so bent out of shape with the things they say on their board. I read their free board when i have spare time a few times a week. There is a cuse guy there "money" who gets in pissing matches with their posters, why bother? Read what you have to read, post what you have to post (if inclined) but why go straight to the bottom of the barrel with the insults pissing back and forth.

I live in middles e x county, i went to Cuse. Both places have their faults. Lets just leave it at that. Lets keep smoking them with the recruiting this year, lets win some football games. Lets laugh as they have another 2 win season. Lets be happy we didnt hire ash.
All in good fun brother. We like to take jabs at each other for fun. I actually know some people on their board along with the mods. There's an understanding. Why do you think I'm still allowed to post after insulting them? Its not as serious as you think it is.

Last edited:
The next time any of us say something nasty about Urban Meyer, remember that he encouraged Ash to go to Rutgers instead of SU. Not sure if we would have hired him if he had wanted us over RU but I still am eternally grateful to Meyer. Still don't like him, but am grateful. Ash is a disaster. Watch him interviewed. Totally clueless.

What remains unclear is whether Meyer honestly thought the RU job was a better job or he wanted to ensure tOSU had an additional body bag game that counted as a conference game.

If Ash has, in fact, risen to his incompetence level, 'Cuse should have a real opportunity to continue to pick off select Jersey talent.

Last edited:
What remains unclear is whether Meyer honestly thought the RU job was a better job or he wanted to ensure tOSU had an additional body bag game that counted as a conference game.
He might have told Ash it would be tougher at Cuse because he would have to recruit out of state but Meyer knew it would be easier to steal NJ recruits with Ash at Rutgers.

All in good fun brother. We like to take jabs at each other for fun. I actually know some people on their board along with the mods. There's an understanding. Why do you think I'm still allowed to post after insulting them? Its not as serious as you think it is.

The old saying, don't argue with fools people can't tell who is who applies.

IMG_0150.jpg

I posted this on the basketball board and was asked to post it here as well.

The Twerp fans are annoying, they are kind of like Rutgirls in their skewed perception of their self importance.

It all has to do with their origins. The Twerps absolutely HATE the dookies. AMOF (I may have mentioned this once or twice before ;)) Carlos Boozer's Mom was hit by a 20-oz. soda bottle at a Twerps-dook game in College Spark. It's all because the dookies are the really smart Jerseyites, the out-of-state Twerps are the semi-smart Jerseyites (who were always looked down upon by their classmates who ended up at dook), and what's left over goes to RU.

i am not sure why the level of hostility. i am not trying to sell nj to anyone. i would take upstate ny any day and you are right about the unending traffic, which by the way stretches into pa. princeton is awesome as is much of northern mercer and hunterdon county.
further, i have often said that i have never been as cold in my life as i was in nj, as the winters are very humid rainy and wet, and everything is a shade of brown. princeton is an awesome area.
that said, i point out that your rabid description of todays new brunswick correlates with what rutgers fans think of syracuse and upstate ny---totally biased,uninformed and inaccurate. they r transitioning much like syracuse. upstate ny is beautiful and i miss it ---i am up there 6-7 times year---and am a big finger lakes guy. that does not mean i cannot appreciate the other areas of the country are trying to re-invent themselves.
you r also right, that most people in middles e x county would bail if given the opportunity, but the work is in northern nj and ny.
i don't care that u lived in princeton, of which i am very familiar. the mere beauty of the topography of upstate dwarfs what u find in a lot of nj. however, i was not trying to compare which is better as imho there is no comparison, rather pointing out that things change.your rant seems to be responding to some other issue you have and not to the urban renewal of new brunswick.

Born and raised in NJ and moved to Montana in the early 90's. I could go a whole winter in Montana wearing just a heavy hoodie. If I visit NJ in the winter now? I'm freezing when its in the 40's. Definitely right on the wet, humid winters.