The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 216 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

This is really too bad:

Jerry Kill's seizure 'devastating' news to Rutgers players | Kill released from hospital

From what I remember, Kill has always been considered one of the good guys in college football. I hope he is able to continue his recovery after it seemed like he had his epilepsy in check.

Kill seems like a good man and a good coach. Wonder if he should coach from the box. I think he did that at Minny a couple of times while HC and dealing with these issues.

Wow the Girls beat Morgan St 65-0. How bad is Morgan St? Well they haven't scored a point in three games. They were shut out by both Towson 10-0 and Albany 26-0. The Girls snapped their 11 game losing streak.
Feel free to gander at their upcoming schedule. Most optimistic Al of Als can see five total wins. The pessimistic can see a 1-11 campaign. I think they are staring at a 2-10 / 3-9 campaign.

Welcome to Gerg, RutGergs

Feel free to gander at their upcoming schedule. Most optimistic Al of Als can see five total wins. The pessimistic can see a 1-11 campaign. I think they are staring at a 2-10 / 3-9 campaign.

If they get 5 wins Ash should get coach of the year, that Purdue game just got a whole lot tougher.

You'd think for all those points that Gus Edwards might have picked up at least one touchdown, but no.

You'd think for all those points that Gus Edwards might have picked up at least one touchdown, but no.
Gus was out of the game before the half was over to get freshman reps. FR QB Jonathan Lewis had 5 TD's, 4 rushing one pass. This was a FR/SO playing time game, same as SU against CCSU. Morgan St is bad for sure but CCSU isn't but a notch better. Sagarin rankings has CCSU at 224 and Morgan St at 241...not much of a difference really.

Gus was out of the game before the half was over to get freshman reps. FR QB Jonathan Lewis had 5 TD's, 4 rushing one pass. This was a FR/SO playing time game, same as SU against CCSU. Morgan St is bad for sure but CCSU isn't but a notch better. Sagarin rankings has CCSU at 224 and Morgan St at 241...not much of a difference really.
What does it matter? It's like justifying your shittie opponent by comparison... everybody plays them.

Just feel bad for Gus...

Ash should just rip the band aid off and roll with Lewis, it's not like Bolin increases the likelihood of wins... might as well hurry up and get to the future. I mean, really, what is there to lose.

What does it matter? It's like justifying your shittie opponent by comparison... everybody plays them.

Just feel bad for Gus...

Ash should just rip the band aid off and roll with Lewis, it's not like Bolin increases the likelihood of wins... might as well hurry up and get to the future. I mean, really, what is there to lose.

That's about to happen.

Just feel bad for Gus...

Losing close games that are toss ups becuase you have a frosh starting. If Rutgers gets 4 wins, i think a majority of their fan base would be ok with that. It shows progress, and based on their roster, is probably the best case scenario for Ash. If Ash plays the Frosh, and they lose their three winnable games vs Purdure and Illinois and whatever other b10 bottom feeder by scores of like 13-12 or 13-10 or 21-17 etc, then the pitchforks come out becuase winning 2 games or less would be a disaster.

So yes, playing Lewis may be better for the "future", it is in not so certain to be better for Ash's future.

Losing close games that are toss ups becuase you have a frosh starting. If Rutgers gets 4 wins, i think a majority of their fan base would be ok with that. It shows progress, and based on their roster, is probably the best case scenario for Ash. If Ash plays the Frosh, and they lose their three winnable games vs Purdure and Illinois and whatever other b10 bottom feeder by scores of like 13-12 or 13-10 or 21-17 etc, then the pitchforks come out becuase winning 2 games or less would be a disaster.

So yes, playing Lewis may be better for the "future", it is in not so certain to be better for Ash's future.
Until Lewis isn't as prepared and Bolin's gone in year 3.

It's nice to see that we were right in being apoplectic when Ash was rumored to be leading to replace Shafer.