The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 215 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

After posting this, now that I am in the 'Cuse, I am totally focused on the Orange. I will commence laughing at them again tomorrow. Here is my pre season prediction for the R:

I4PjdwDVjIr4I.gif

You can only sell an improbable future so long before it starts to become obvious to the populace that this isn't going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Some of these people were sold the idea that they were getting in on the ground floor and that the "sleeping giant" was bound to wake up some time.

78 - 0 scores disabused at least some of them of this idea. I suspect many of those Block "R" hats are going to find their way to the back of the closet and the t-shirts will end up as polishing rags.

I still marvel at the absolute stupidity of the B1G. I know RU was only invited because of the cable revenue that all those NJ TV's represented. But the MBA's that did the analysis didn't factor in how bad RU athletics had been for so long.

Some national guy this morning was hoping Washington absolutely hammers rutgers tonight....lol the guy was dead serious,don't know who he was, but he might hate them more than Syracuse fans.Classic

Rutgers 0-1
given the way we played against a very poor team last night and the way ru played against the 8th ranked team in the country, it would appear that your picture would apply more to what ru fans could be doing to us rather than us to them. they played a very competitive game. ask washington.
tumblr_mb04e43Nzj1rhgzcto1_1280.jpg

? 1-0 vs. 0-1...

Although Rutgers did in fact play better than anticipated, it really doesn't matter, there are no moral victories.

In 2015 we played both LSU & Clemson tighter than Ruttie played the Huskies last night... Do you look fondly back upon SS's last season? No, because you're a fan of that big block R, bleh.

Last edited:

They were competitive the first quarter and a half. Then, it was a lot of mistakes and Washington taking over. I will give them credit that they looked much more organized and aggressive than last year, and I'd take their run game over ours any day of the week.

They were competitive the first quarter and a half. Then, it was a lot of mistakes and Washington taking over. I will give them credit that they looked much more organized and aggressive than last year, and I'd take their run game over ours any day of the week.
Well we would have had their run game if not for Miami being bisches

? 1-0 vs. 0-1...

Although Rutgers did in fact play better than anticipated, it really doesn't matter, there are no moral victories.

In 2015 we played both LSU & Clemson tighter than Ruttie played the Huskies last night... Do you look fondly back upon SS's last season? No, because you're a fan of that big block R, bleh.
pathetic response

Games like last night are a struggle for me. I always root for the upset and have irrational East Coast Bias, where I think (maybe rightfully so) that the only legit teams are in the SEC and ACC so I want my so called pretenders from the other conferences to lose but it's Rutgers so I could care less who they play, I want it to be as embarrassing as possible. Had to keep reminding myself of that. The dudes in the hot tub made it a lot easier.

Rutgers losing to Eastern Michigan in 3rd quarter