The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 233 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I laughed with about 5 minutes the one announcer said he believed Rutgers had "turned the corner"...lol

Reading the Rutgirls board is confusing, you would think they won the game, not lost by 3 tds.

Reading the Rutgirls board is confusing, you would think they won the game, not lost by 3 tds.
I can see the new ad in the anti-drug campaign:

"See children, that is why drugs are dangerous, delusions, fantasies that can harm you, invincibility until you deal with reality, otherwise known as "Rutgersing"."

And people wonder why this thread exists
This thread exists because a subset of our fan base seems bent of legitimizing Rutgers by constantly comparing them to Syracuse, a top 20 all time program, as if RU was a rival.

It is embarrassing, but I've at least come to terms w/ my belief that it's not going to change in the near future (this thread isn't going away, no matter what I do).

Last edited:
This thread exists because a subset of our fan base seems bent of legitimizing Rutgers by constantly comparing them to Syracuse, a top 20 all time programs, as if RU was a rival.

It is embarrassing, but I've at least come to terms w/ my belief that it's not going to change in the near future (this thread isn't going away, no matter what I do).

Nah. I used to think that. But now I believe that it’s just fun to laugh at their incompetence - because their fanbase is so terrible. Otherwise, we’d just feel bad for them.

I don’t think anyone here takes them seriously except for that one guy(tiphill maybe?)

This thread exists because a subset of our fan base seems bent of legitimizing Rutgers by constantly comparing them to Syracuse, a top 20 all time programs, as if RU was a rival.

Deeeeep thoughts.

No, it's just funny. I don't care if we call them a rival or not. Or if they are somehow legitimized by a random thread on a random sports forum. I really just like the full and running sitcom that is all things Rutgers.

This thread, for me, is simply a source of amusement. There are only so many ways to find embarrassing headlines, events, stories and people - and Rutgers seems intent on finding every single one. Another box checked.

To the "R" I say:

IMG_20171023_080702.jpg

Rutgers gunna Rutgers...cuz that is what they do.

RutgersAl is my favorite opposing fan of all-time. This thread is dedicated to him.
Al is undoubtedly the Julia Child of crow preparation, since he's had to eat so much of it. I am truly amazed and in awe of how steadfast and unwavering he is in his support of his team. My hat is off to him.

This thread exists because a subset of our fan base seems bent of legitimizing Rutgers by constantly comparing them to Syracuse, a top 20 all time program, as if RU was a rival.

I used to be right there with you on this, but I realized after a while that the ROSUF (Rutgers-Obsessed SU Fan), a by-product of the insecurity emanating from the Gerg Era, was here to stay. Its just a different way of how they see this thing. I see it as a homage to classic Syracuse insecurity and inferiority complex, whereas they see it as a "goof' and no big deal.
I still have hope that once we start to take care of business, the ROSUF will be too busy caring about SU and not worry about Rutgers as much. But even then its not an either/or proposition, both POV's can co-exist.
In the meantime I've learned to accept this thread and will continue checking in now and then. It is what it is.

Last edited:

I used to be right there with you on this, but I realized after a while that the ROSUF (Rutgers-Obsessed SU Fan), a by-product of the insecurity emanating from the Gerg Era, was here to stay. Its just a different way of how they see this thing. I see it as a homage to classic Syracuse insecurity and inferiority complex, they see it as a "goof' and no big deal. I still have hope that once we start to take care of business, the ROSUF will be too busy caring about SU and not worry about Rutgers as much. But even then its not an either/or proposition, both POV's can co-exist.
In the meantime I've learned to accept this thread and will continue check in every now and then. It is what it is.
They will take my all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread from me when they pry it from my cold, dead hands. :D

Think of it this way, they are the little brother you always wished for, and can still beat up if needed - even after you are both full grown.

Last edited:
nzm136 & DoctorBombay if/when you get sick of this thread, just go to the top of the page and click on Ignore Thread.

You’ll never need to deal with this dumpster fire again! ;)
Oh, I'm way past the "getting sick" of this thread part, but there's a reason people keep watching Jerry Springer, Maury, and the Khardashians(sp). You wanna take a shower every time you indulge...but you still indulge.

I have never thought of Rutgers as a rival. In fact, in Rutgers heyday (otherwise known as the Schiano era) they could only muster a .500 record against the Orange WITH GRob. Check the all time record of SU v. RU, that says it all. In fact, prior to the Big East, the two teams only played about 20 times in near 100 years!

That said, Rutgers is definitive proof that the old cliche stating "Truth is stranger than fiction" is true. Murphy's Law stating that If anything can go wrong, it will, was likely written with Rutgers in mind. Likewise, When nothing can go wrong, it will.