The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 235 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

The women's hoops team won the AIWA title back in the early 80's, I think. That was before the NCAA officially sponsored women's basketball.
The year Rutgers won the AIAW in women's hoops was 1982. It was the last time AIAW championship for women's basketball, as most of the teams moved to the NCAA championship tournament, which started that year.

Rutgers was one of only 3 teams in the top 20 to play in this lesser tournament.

1982 AIAW National Division I Basketball Championship - Wikipedia

So that doesn't count either.

Rutgirls best QB in recent years was Savage and some how they messed his game up. 4 star recruit that transferred out and was very good at Pitt. NFL QB now. Smart move on his part.

Rutgers is where qbs go to die, not sure why anyone would even consider it.

Rutgers is where qbs go to die, not sure why anyone would even consider it.

PASSFUMBLEKICK.gif

he was offered because he's 6-4 220 and has a big arm. But he stinks when he's in an actual game. The kid is 2nd string on his HS team behind another kid who's only been offered as a D1 walkon. He's like that Josh Allen kid we took as a grad transfer from Oklahoma. Big kid, tons of stars, stinks. After his first 4 interception game next year buttgers fans will boo him off the field like they have with the last savior.

Haven't seen him play, but he played at a hs in Nj that isn't known for football, decided he wanted to take his game to a higher level, and has struggled, he should fit in well at Rutgers.

Haven't seen him play, but he played at a hs in Nj that isn't known for football, decided he wanted to take his game to a higher level, and has struggled, he should fit in well at Rutgers.
If you can’t succeed at a bigger school, drop down and play for a college in NJ that isn’t known for football. The Rut recruiting mantra.

Good luck to the kid. No ill will at all.

Horrible that he has to play there though.

And clamor again for Jonathon Lewis, who was supposed to be their savior this year...until they saw him in an actual game.

Savior? He’s done fine as an injured Freshman who has done what he has been asked to do, get some reps and spot fill in games and then compete for a starting spot next year. Anyone who expected him to be a “savior” this year doesn’t understand college football. He will see the field plenty as a sophomore. With Rescigno and Flacco as backups next season, that will allow Sitkowski and CA QB Jalen Chatman to RS in ‘18.
Not that anyone here cares what I think ;)

Savior? He’s done fine as an injured Freshman who has done what he has been asked to do, get some reps and spot fill in games and then compete for a starting spot next year. Anyone who expected him to be a “savior” this year doesn’t understand college football. He will see the field plenty as a sophomore. With Rescigno and Flacco as backups next season, that will allow Sitkowski and CA QB Jalen Chatman to RS in ‘18.
Not that anyone here cares what I think ;)

Go back to your board and pull up all of the threads from earlier in the year about Lewis starting. How he was going to turn the team around...this year.

Go back to your board and pull up all of the threads from earlier in the year about Lewis starting. How he was going to turn the team around...this year.
I seem to recall the discussion being heavy on Lewis having an immediate impact and how he was the class of NJ HS QB's over TD and the other kid who ended up at Wisconsin maybe?

I like our car better.

I post on the Scout premium board. No serious fan had those expectations. Go back to earlier threads on this board and find the posts about Devito starting over Dungey. Or giving the #44 to a kid that didn’t even make it to Syracuse. Fans have wild expectations.

Central Connecticut St.
C. Michigan
Pitt
Clemson

Not sure if Rutgers fans actually watch CFB, but do you notice a name on that list of our wins that might kinda swing the edge in our direction just a tad? You're really want to compare our schedule and yours?

Against our schedule, Rutgers is a 1 win team (if you want to argue for MTSU, I'll listen but there isn't another win on that schedule for you).

Your best win is against an under .500 Maryland team at home (with a 3rd string QB) where you threw for an unreal 100 yards. Get real.

The moral of this story is not all 4-5 teams are created equal. Schedules matter. Ours has been an absolute guantlet.

th
Props to Rutgers. They have the same record as us after their win against Maryland.
they are considerably much improved this year. ol and defense seems much better. the biggest thing i see is that they have confidence which is a big plus. not saying they are a really good team yet, but neither are we. we're getting there.

Not sure if Rutgers fans actually watch CFB, but do you notice a name on that list of our wins that might kinda swing the edge in our direction just a tad? You're really want to compare our schedule and yours?

Against our schedule, Rutgers is a 1 win team (if you want to argue for MTSU, I'll listen but there isn't another win on that schedule for you).

Your best win is against an under .500 Maryland team at home (with a 3rd string QB) where you threw for an unreal 100 yards. Get real.

The moral of this story is not all 4-5 teams are created equal. Schedules matter. Ours has been an absolute guantlet.
Good post. Maryland has games left against Michigan State, Penn State and Michigan. They will finish 4-8. The fact that Rutgers fans are dizzy with excitement over beating a team like that shows why they are Rutgers fans.

I hope some day they are good enough to make it to a bowl game, and get paired against Syracuse. That is the only way it will happen as their AD and HC are too cowardly to want to play Syracuse head to head.

Good post. Maryland has games left against Michigan State, Penn State and Michigan. They will finish 4-8. The fact that Rutgers fans are dizzy with excitement over beating a team like that shows why they are Rutgers fans.

I hope some day they are good enough to make it to a bowl game, and get paired against Syracuse. That is the only way it will happen as their AD and HC are too cowardly to want to play Syracuse head to head.
its a shame they won't play us as i can get to ru easily in an hour. used to be great tail gating in johnson park---not allowed anymore i'm told.have been to all su games we have played there.

its a shame they won't play us as i can get to ru easily in an hour. used to be great tail gating in johnson park---not allowed anymore i'm told.have been to all su games we have played there.
A series between SU and RU makes sense for both schools because we are the closest P5 school to each other and it is a relatively easy road trip for fans to make where there aren't many in conference play.

I think most of the opposition to the series was put up by disgraced former RU HC Kyle Flood. Now that he is gone, things should be better.

As P5 conferences continue to ratchet up the number of OOC games that must be scheduled against P5 opponents, and the B1G continues to deteriorate into a G5 league, I think it is inevitable that the series will resume (though maybe not if the B1G continues to consider Army, Navy, Cincinnati and UConn P5 level opponents). Those exceptions have to have been done specifically per a request from Rutgers...

The last time Rutgers played in Syracuse there were less then 200 RU fans, how is this a rivalry other than internet wars? Please let me add... not only were there 200 or so, RU knew it was the last time they would be playing since SU was going to the ACC.

And they would have won if he didn't get hurt, they were playing their 5th string qb, thats right 5th string, and would have tied the game if it wasn't for a holding penalty.