The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 250 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

LSU: Rutgers co-defensive coordinator Bill Busch has been hired as safeties coach at LSU. Busch is a former FootballScoop Defensive Backs Coach of the Year.

Losing their co-defensive coordinator to go coach safeties? The guy is taking a demotion just to get out of there.

Can see the spin now:

"Coach Ash has the defense under control, we didn't need him. Coach Ash informed him he should start looking elsewhere." Or something like it.

Going from co-DC in the worst team in the B1G to safeties coach in the SEC (probably for more $) isn't a demotion in my book! :p
It’s probably a pay raise.

Rutgers coaches lounge starting to look like:

JnFC2pFHjWtQQ.gif

Ash was the keynote speaker at the nyshsfc clinic this week at Turning Stone. I'm told he was solid... the Rutgers job was a terrible take for him, he'll have plenty of options when he moves on though.

Ash was the keynote speaker at the nyshsfc clinic this week at Turning Stone. I'm told he was solid... the Rutgers job was a terrible take for him, he'll have plenty of options when he moves on though.
As a head coach or assistant?

As a head coach or assistant?
Definitely as an assistant to start at the P-5 level, possibly HC at a lower level if he'd want it... I think it would make the most sense for him to get back into a DC role for his own career.

Definitely as an assistant to start at the P-5 level, possibly HC at a lower level if he'd want it... I think it would make the most sense for him to get back into a DC role for his own career.
Agreed.

052F0242-CA16-4C8B-97A1-C3DA279CC9A5.jpeg

Hmmm, anyone notice something off about this? Truth be told, this could very well be a fan edit, but delusion runs deep regardless.

NJ.com did a breakdown of the Big 10 recruiting classes, their rankings and their best player. RU’s best player is listed as Arthur Sitkowski (from my town of Old Bridge, NJ) who flipped from Miami to RU. You might remember that he transferred to IMG, dropped from 4 stars to 3, and lost his starting job to a Minnesota walk on. Here are his senior year stats from IMG.
46-79 370 yards 52.9 yards ypg 2 TDS 4 INTs

*Keep in mind, he is viewed as the best player in their entire recruiting class.

He brought his new hire with him, Campenile, he was the Bergen Catholic coach. He's suppose to help him grab those private parochial players they miss on. Ash's presentation was OK. He's passionate on fundamentals and effort. I talked with him after his session. Nice guy and he's great for college football. Rutgers is just a tough job.

He brought his new hire with him, Campenile, he was the Bergen Catholic coach. He's suppose to help him grab those private parochial players they miss on. Ash's presentation was OK. He's passionate on fundamentals and effort. I talked with him after his session. Nice guy and he's great for college football. Rutgers is just a tough job.
I went there later on Friday night and threw some craps, did you hang out all weekend?

FULL DISCLAIMER: I’m a huge Babers fan, and this isn’t an Ash vs Babers post.

Yup. I know this goes against conventional board wisdom, but he would have been a solid hire (including here) almost anywhere else but Rutgers.

He’s a very good recruiter and a very good X’s and O’s guy. He inherited probably a more difficult scenario than Babers did here at Syracuse, which should tell you just how toxic the Rutgers program has become.

First, and arguably the most pressing issue is that the athletic department is a complete mess. Completely bleeding money and poor leadership has really hurt that school. Hiring Hermann was a disaster, although Pernetti’s drunken spending was no help either.

Secondly, allowing the B10 to completely move into their recruiting territory has hurt some of the advantages they had built under Schiano.

NJ has always produced talent, but now it is really opening up to the Michigan’s and Ohio State’s of the world, let alone the competition from Penn State, ND, and more similar regionals like SU, Virginia, BC, etc.

It has also hurt some of their ties into Florida, as Schiano pulled consistent talent from that state. Florida is SEC and ACC country - it’s a much tougher sell for them now.

FULL DISCLAIMER: I’m a huge Babers fan, and this isn’t an Ash vs Babers post.

Yup. I know this goes against conventional board wisdom, but he would have been a solid hire (including here) almost anywhere else but Rutgers.

He’s a very good recruiter and a very good X’s and O’s guy. He inherited probably a more difficult scenario than Babers did here at Syracuse, which should tell you just how toxic the Rutgers program has become.

First, and arguably the most pressing issue is that the athletic department is a complete mess. Completely bleeding money and poor leadership has really hurt that school. Hiring Hermann was a disaster, although Pernetti’s drunken spending was no help either.

Secondly, allowing the B10 to completely move into their recruiting territory has hurt some of the advantages they had built under Schiano.

NJ has always produced talent, but now it is really opening up to the Michigan’s and Ohio State’s of the world, let alone the competition from Penn State, ND, and more similar regionals like SU, Virginia, BC, etc.

It has also hurt some of their ties into Florida, as Schiano pulled consistent talent from that state. Florida is SEC and ACC country - it’s a much tougher sell for them now.
Agree with everything you said

NJ.com had an article the other day about the top 70 players in NJ from the last decade. RU had 6 commits out of that group.

I saw from some tweets that he was also a keynote speaker at the PA Mr. Football banquet. Trying to make in roads with the HS coaches.

I used to love this thread when it felt like we had a little rivalry going in the Marrone Years. Regardless of the decades of Dominance previous I thought Ray rice era / Marrone era cuse was a good battle. Since then we’ve been an awful program and Rutgers has lost all momentum. I find nothing good about beating up on their program considering how awful we’ve been.
I still root for rutgers to lose don’t get me wrong , but the fact is they now get the second tier New Jersey recruit and we get the left overs.