The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 259 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

this was a smart move on their part. they have minutely improved over the past year. they have nothing to lose in starting this kid. they were competitive last year, and slowly trending up.

Lol.

Competitive in that the good teams beat them by 40-50, instead of 70? They “only” got shut out twice, as opposed to the 4 times it happened the year before?

They had nowhere to go but “up” after fielding a historically awful team the year before. They look like they’re in GRob territory to me. They won’t make any real progress IMO.

this was a smart move on their part. they have minutely improved over the past year. they have nothing to lose in starting this kid. they were competitive last year, and slowly trending up.
This is not true. Rutgers is not slowing trending up.

They had a nice stretch where they had 6 winning seasons in 7 years. Since that point, they have had 4 losing seasons in 5 years and an overall record of 24-38.

While the B1G isn't as good as the ACC, it is better than the Big East was. No matter how hapless the opponents are they schedule OOC, they are going to struggle to have winning seasons in future years.

At least with Syracuse, there is a well respected HC in place who has proven his ability to win.

RU.png

:rolling:
Lol.

Competitive in that the good teams beat them by 40-50, instead of 70? They “only” got shut out twice, as opposed to the 4 times it happened the year before?

They had nowhere to go but “up” after fielding a historically awful team the year before. They look like they’re in GRob territory to me. They won’t make any real progress IMO.

Yep last year for Ash was like year 2 for GROB. It looked decent because Year 1 was so pathetic. I think we all know how years 3 and 4 went for GROB. Bye bye Ash

This is not true. Rutgers is not slowing trending up.

They had a nice stretch where they had 6 winning seasons in 7 years. Since that point, they have had 4 losing seasons in 5 years and an overall record of 24-38.

While the B1G isn't as good as the ACC, it is better than the Big East was. No matter how hapless the opponents are they schedule OOC, they are going to struggle to have winning seasons in future years.

At least with Syracuse, there is a well respected HC in place who has proven his ability to win.

View attachment 137961

I wouldn't bother Tom. Tipp has this fascination with Rutgers and always has positive things to say about them but never about us.

Rutgirls has made a point of playing an fcs, and even 2 fcs programs and then bottom dwellers of the P5 world. It must be noted that UB is a solid squad, a team that makes tons of sense in our OOC, but we have shyed away, probably bc they have a decent chance at beating us as WMU does. Makes sense geographically.
ub is a solid squad very respectable and dangerous opponent

was Trolling before mowing the lawn found this one

https://rutgers.forums./threads/if-we-go-4-12.149420/

made me chuckle

I wouldn't bother Tom. Tipp has this fascination with Rutgers and always has positive things to say about them but never about us.
seems to me that there were very few supporters of strickland for the first few years other than myself and a few others. i have said that i am a supporter of babers. i do not subscribe to the he can do no wrong category. i do not drink the same koolaid as u.
my fascination lies in the amazement of the arrogance re our program vs theirs, at this point in time.. yes, the athletic dept has been a joke, i fully agree. i do think we will improve this year, but do not buy into the faith w/o evidence.
ru and us have about the same recruiting success. the margin will be as tom said, in the coaching staff. i as i said in previous post i have guarded optimism. sorry ms, i am not the rah rah type.

seems to me that there were very few supporters of strickland for the first few years other than myself and a few others. i have said that i am a supporter of babers. i do not subscribe to the he can do no wrong category. i do not drink the same koolaid as u.
my fascination lies in the amazement of the arrogance re our program vs theirs, at this point in time.. yes, the athletic dept has been a joke, i fully agree. i do think we will improve this year, but do not buy into the faith w/o evidence.
ru and us have about the same recruiting success. the margin will be as tom said, in the coaching staff. i as i said in previous post i have guarded optimism. sorry ms, i am not the rah rah type.

They’ve not had a win of the caliber of the Clemson game in their entire existence. The question of Ash vs Babers has already been answered, lol.

Pointing out that Rutgers is bad is not arrogance. We’ve obviously been bad too. Saying they are bad does not equal “bragging” about Cuse.

They were historically God awful two years ago, and then just regular bad last year. That’s not really “on the rise” IMO. It’s almost impossible to be as bad as they were in 2016 again. I don’t see them making the jump to decent anytime soon, though they smartly scheduled themselves to go 3-0 in the non-conference, as much as they possibly could.

I don't think it makes much sense to dump on RU football (yes, their athletic dept. is a joke as are a number of their other athletic programs) when SU's record lately is no better than theirs.

Pointing out that Rutgers is bad is not arrogance. We’ve obviously been bad too. Saying they are bad does not equal “bragging” about Cuse.

They were historically God awful two years ago, and then just regular bad last year. That’s not really “on the rise” IMO. It’s almost impossible to be as bad as they were in 2016 again. I don’t see them making the jump to decent anytime soon, though they smartly scheduled themselves to go 3-0 in the non-conference, as much as they possibly could.
it truly is arrogance---we have 259 pages that attest to it. one reason schiano got a foothold and shut us out of nj .,for so long was that we did not take them seriously and we did not reinvest in our program. pp paid that price.

it truly is arrogance---we have 259 pages that attest to it. one reason schiano got a foothold and shut us out of nj .,for so long was that we did not take them seriously and we did not reinvest in our program. pp paid that price.

Lol. So. Much. Wrong.

1. We didn’t (and don’t) take them seriously because out of 95% of our histories we’ve been better.

2. Schiano, their best coach briefly pulled them from laughingstock to mediocre. When he left, they’ve dropped back to awful.

3. As stated already, in an otherwise bad season for us - we had a better win than they’ve had in their entire existence.

4. In addition to their utter futility on the field, they’ve beset themselves with so much off the field crap that we created a thread to laugh at.

5. That combined, historic bumbling on and off the field is mixed with a mind-blowing truly awfulness in a sport they should be good in (basketball) to form a kind of toxic rue that only they could muster...

And yet you come here and look at all that and assume *we are the same* because we are similar in the recruiting rankings and therefore we shouldn’t laugh at them?!

Lol. So. Much. Wrong.

1. We didn’t (and don’t) take them seriously because out of 95% of our histories we’ve been better.

2. Schiano, their best coach briefly pulled them from laughingstock to mediocre. When he left, they’ve dropped back to awful.

3. As stated already, in an otherwise bad season for us - we had a better win than they’ve had in their entire existence.

4. In addition to their utter futility on the field, they’ve beset themselves with so much off the field crap that we created a thread to laugh at.

5. That combined, historic bumbling on and off the field is mixed with a mind-blowing truly awfulness in a sport they should be good in (basketball) to form a kind of toxic rue that only they could muster...

And yet you come here and look at all that and assume *we are the same* because we are similar in the recruiting rankings and therefore we shouldn’t laugh at them?!

As a NJ resident who works 2 miles from their campus, I can tell you that their fan base is so annoying. They believe that RU football should only be held accountable for their first historical game and the Schiano years. I come to this thread because I enjoy poking fun at the fan base that I happen to live near. A team that has been atrocious for the vast majority of their existence. I’d like to say that the last few years have humbled their arrogant followers, but it hasn’t. Joining the Big 10 has only emboldened them. Their new freshman QB is from my town here in Jersey, and I’m sure talk around here will be interesting depending on which way things go. Just my 2 cents.

Lol. So. Much. Wrong.

Well said.

As a NJ resident who works 2 miles from their campus, I can tell you that their fan base is so annoying. They believe that RU football should only be held accountable for their first historical game and the Schiano years. I come to this thread because I enjoy poking fun at the fan base that I happen to live near. A team that has been atrocious for the vast majority of their existence. I’d like to say that the last few years have humbled their arrogant followers, but it hasn’t. Joining the Big 10 has only emboldened them. Their new freshman QB is from my town here in Jersey, and I’m sure talk around here will be interesting depending on which way things go. Just my 2 cents.
Its fun poking at them. They do the same to us on there boards. All in fun. Just because they don't have 1 thread doesnt mean they dont bash us as much. Their fan base really think Cuse is beneath them because Schiano went 7-5 against SU during a era that inluded one of the worse P5 coaches in history. Thats not dominance. That's arrogance and delusion.

Last edited:
I come to the board for the same reasons. These pages and the R are the gift that keeps on giving.