The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 288 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Had to drive to Albany yesterday and stumbled across the game in the radio. Chris Carlin sounded like he was calling a wake, and Ray Lucas strained to find a single positive moment.

Lucas was actually funny when he suggested that the dude they plucked from the stands to kick a field goal for money was a bad ringer on purpose as they wanted not to have to pay out the dough.

Thankfully I lost the signal around Poughkeepsie

Had to drive to Albany yesterday and stumbled across the game in the radio. Chris Carlin sounded like he was calling a wake, and Ray Lucas strained to find a single positive moment.

Lucas was actually funny when he suggested that the dude they plucked from the stands to kick a field goal for money was a bad ringer on purpose as they wanted not to have to pay out the dough.

Thankfully I lost the signal around Poughkeepsie

Maybe Rutgers has a school of mortuary science program and they can give them a fantastic way of breaking in by doing their play by play and color for football?

Is there a baseline for worst college QB season of all time? Because we are definitely getting there with Sitkowski.

49% completion
108 ypg
4.3 yards per attempt
3 TDs
15 INT in 177 attempts

To put it in perspective, Dungey has 25 interceptions in his whole career, which is over 1,000 attempts.

Is there a baseline for worst college QB season of all time? Because we are definitely getting there with Sitkowski.

49% completion
108 ypg
4.3 yards per attempt
3 TDs
15 INT in 177 attempts

To put it in perspective, Dungey has 25 interceptions in his whole career, which is over 1,000 attempts.

He's on pace for 103 career interceptions.

That's 29% more than the NCAA career record holder for interceptions (Tommy Chang, UHawaii - 80 career INTs).

Hilarious that someone started this Twitter account.

I was reading the the first two pages of their gameday thread yesterday during the game, then had to do something else. They had hope and optimism based on their defense and special teams the first 3 series. That was before the 40 yard on-side kick and the first interception. lol
They stole our idea.

Ash says they have a vision. Sounds like the kind of vision that, if you continue to follow, results in:
xUOwGgxZLBmqB87sic.gif

Last edited:
This team just threw for 8 yards in a college football game. Two completions. Five interceptions.

THEY ALMOST THREW AS MANY PICKS AS # YARDS GAINED VIA PASS.

I keep reading it and it’s the most insane thing I’ve ever read. You deserve to be fired on the spot after a game like that.

I mean are you serious? In division 1 college football?

People aren’t reacting enough about that statistic. It’s INSANITY.

i Honestly believe I could throw for more than 8 yards in a college game.

Their total passing yardage for the entire game didn't even equal a first down. More passes were completed to the defense (5), than to the offense (2). Those two facts alone make Rutgers football this year historic in nature.

Their total passing yardage for the entire game didn't even equal a first down. More passes were completed to the defense (5), than to the offense (2). Those two facts alone make Rutgers football this year historic in nature.
Awesome take.

Funny, a couple years ago after Ash and Babers were hired, I had a lot of back and forth with a Rutgers fan on a now defunct NY Giants board over the respective coaching hires.

Me:
So glad we didn’t get Ash. Babers is exactly what we need, and he is a proven winner as a head coach.
Ash’s offenses will be trash and he is a steakhead, and anyone can coach a decent defense at Ohio State.

Him:
Syracuse really wanted Ash, and Rutgers stole him because they’re better.
Ash is bringing in an OC who runs a west coast offense, so the offense will be good.

Verdict: I win.

Oh yeah, I also made fun of him for thinking a 1980’s NFL offense was a good cutting edge college offense.

Really wish Ash would give us a "more important things to worry about like ISIS" type of comment but not sure he goes that far just yet. But the they still have the toughest part of their schedule coming so perhaps we will get some comedic gold from him.

Agree that Rutgers should try and hire an option coach. I don't think he'd leave Army for that job but Jeff Monken would at least make them respectable. It would be boring to watch, but teams would hate having to prepare for them and they'd catch some decent teams napping once in a while. Otherwise, they should run a system like Babers or the passing spread offense that Northwestern runs. They absolutely cannot compete in that conference running a 1992 NFL offense, even when they are "recruiting well".

He's on pace for 103 career interceptions.

That's 29% more than the NCAA career record holder for interceptions (Tommy Chang, UHawaii - 80 career INTs).
Timmy Chang, not Tommy. And he three the ball over 2400 times with 117 TDs, with 17,000 yards. Perspective matters.