The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 290 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I honestly feel bad for Ash, own demise or not, he was one of the hottest coordinators in the country... now will be relegated to infamy... buyout be damned, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him bolt.

I honestly feel bad for Ash, own demise or not, he was one of the hottest coordinators in the country... now will be relegated to infamy... buyout be damned, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him bolt.

He's owed 10M guaranteed. That man is going NOWHERE on his own.

He's owed 10M guaranteed. That man is going NOWHERE on his own.

Yes, but i be he WANTS to be fired. I'm pretty sure his morning commute feels like this:

passion-of-the-christ.jpg

From Michigan's MGoBlog opponent recap of "Rutger" for this week:

Rutger (1-6, 1-0 Sun Belt)

Last week: Lost at Maryland, 34-7

Recap: Oh come the hell on.

clip_image003_thumb_0.png

This is the 7th time since 2016 that Rutger has averaged fewer than three yards per pass in a game. Over that stretch, the rest of the Big Ten COMBINED has six such games. Only one other team – Iowa – has had as many as two. This is the sixth time in the last 27 games they have been held to under 50 yards passing. For comparison, in the last 27 games, Georgia Tech – a triple option team – has been held to fewer than 50 passing yards only five times.

Every pass they threw in the last 29 minutes of the game was intercepted. Every. Single. One.

It took Michigan exactly one pass attempt against Maryland to accumulate more receiving YAFHAF (yards after a fullback hurdles a fool) than the Scarlet Knights had total receiving yards in the entire game.

This team is as frightening as: What if this – football, life, Earth – is all a simulation in some super-advanced Sim City program, and the player decides to quit the game? Tell me it isn’t possible; Rutger Football does have the general feel of a kid who got bored and decided to unleash a hurricane and an alien invasion and three dozen riots. Fear Level = 0.6

Michigan can sleep soundly about: Out of 130 FBS teams, Rutger are:

• #130 in points per game (15.1)
  • #128 in yards per play (4.17)
  • #128 in yards per pass (4.5)
  • #130 in passer rating (77.3)
  • #130 in INTs (17) and INT rate (7.5%)
  • #130 in turnover margin (-13, or -1.86 per game)
  • #130 in plays of 20+ yards (14)
  • #126 in average field position (25.7)
  • #129 in Standard Down Success Rate (34.9%)
Michigan should worry about: Are bees still dying at an alarming rate?

When they play Michigan: The FCC may have to step in.

Next week: vs. Northwestern, noon, BTN (Rutger +20.5)

This is magical.

This team is as frightening as: What if this – football, life, Earth – is all a simulation in some super-advanced Sim City program, and the player decides to quit the game? Tell me it isn’t possible; Rutger Football does have the general feel of a kid who got bored and decided to unleash a hurricane and an alien invasion and three dozen riots. Fear Level = 0.6

)

This part is awesome :rolling:

I just returned home from a local high school football game. I am not making this up, this really happened. I hold the down marker; and the team, that I was on the sideline with, called the defenses by yelling out different college. I heard plenty of Alabama, Texas, etc. the other team had a 4th and 18 as time was running down in the first half. The d Coach actually yelled out Rutgers. I guess I said “WHAT” too loud. I received a lot of dirty looks when the other team converted against Rutgers for a first down.

I’ve said it before but my choice for the RU job is Al Golden.

The job has to be all about the intangibles at this point. There has to be some hook outside of expected early (or even mid-term) success.

The few knowledgeable fans they have like that pick as well.

I'm sure Golden knows better than to go there...

The funny thing is, even if the fire Ash (I doubt they do and thank god we didn’t hire him) who the hell would they hire? All the coaching turnover the last few years had left nothing to chose from. UB’s coach or maybe James Madison’s are the only decent options.

The funny thing is, even if the fire Ash (I doubt they do and thank god we didn’t hire him) who the hell would they hire? All the coaching turnover the last few years had left nothing to chose from. UB’s coach or maybe James Madison’s are the only decent options.
Interesting. Buffalo or Piscataway? One is an up and coming D1 program who's had it's share of success in the MAC, including right now but still a G5 job, or career death at Rutgers. Seriously, since Schiano has anyone's career survived going to Rutgers? I mean it almost killed Kill!