The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 316 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Hoops related but yesterday’s loss to MSU moved RU to 0-38 against top 10 AP teams in its history, tied for worst of all time. Kudos to the Knights!
Folks here in NJ don’t care about Rutgers hoops. Example: Went to a restaurant last night in Brick, NJ with all kinds of TVs. SU game was on, Seton Hall game was on, but no Rutgers. (Even though they played a ranked MSU.)

Folks here in NJ don’t care about Rutgers hoops. Example: Went to a restaurant last night in Brick, NJ with all kinds of TVs. SU game was on, Seton Hall game was on, but no Rutgers. (Even though they played a ranked MSU.)
Very few people in NJ care about any Rutgers sport, including FB. They had a decent bandwagon about 5-6 years ago, but their last few coaches have taken care of that.

Hoops related but yesterday’s loss to MSU moved RU to 0-38 against top 10 AP teams in its history, tied for worst of all time. Kudos to the Knights!
Rutgers is finally #1 at something, just not a good thing.

If I ever went to a Rutgers game (which is highly unlikely), I would probably hope to be able to access a webcam showing the activities inside that restaurant in Brick.

Not to stray from the Rutgers theme, but there are large parts of the state of Connecticut where the same is true about UConn basketball.

Unless it's the women -- then there is a greater chance the game might be on.

57019E9A-7CBE-4F06-B68B-98998E3C6B34.png
5B92AE53-DB44-4C53-ABA2-60607D45DEBD.png

Rutgers has not been to the tournament since 1991. Is that the longest drought among power conference teams?

Rutgers has not been to the tournament since 1991. Is that the longest drought among power conference teams?

I believe so -- closest I know of is TCU in 1998 and Auburn in 2003 (who we knocked out!).

14-17. Another losing season. Year 3 of this coach and no turnaround yet.

Wash rinse repeat.

Didn't NW have some sort incredibly long streak as well?

From their board...think about how bad of a program you have to have to have where 14-17 is a "terrific season".

YoucancallmeRayJunior

Drama queens. It was a stinker, but it doesn't negate the terrific season.​

Working in the shadow of that institution on the banks, I heard all year about how young and competitive they were. I didn't realize until a few posts ago that they finished 14-17. Unbelievable. Strike that, reverse it. Believable.