The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Scathing piece from the Toledo Blade about Delany adding Rutgers.

Big Ten gained the world, but lost its soul under retiring Delany

"My first response to the news Jim Delany is stepping down as Big Ten commissioner next summer: Those are some enormous shoes to fill.

My second: Can he take Rutgers with him?

That about captures the legacy of the man who shepherded a league that gained the world, but lost a piece of its soul.

Delany boldly moved the league forward, stretching its footprint from the plains (Nebraska) to the valley (Penn State) to the sewer (sorry, Rutgers), launching a lucrative league network, and bringing in piles of money."

In other news, the Sewage Handlers International Trades Union have filed a lawsuit in NY's Southern District Court alleging untold damage by the Toledo Blade. The Toledo Blade has compared Rutgers to Sewers.

It is also reported that the State of New Jersey attempted to join as a plaintiff in this lawsuit but the judge rejected the notion stating, 'Rutgers is YOUR institution. You &^$#@() morons! You made the mess, you clean it up!"

Scathing piece from the Toledo Blade about Delany adding Rutgers.

Big Ten gained the world, but lost its soul under retiring Delany

"My first response to the news Jim Delany is stepping down as Big Ten commissioner next summer: Those are some enormous shoes to fill.

My second: Can he take Rutgers with him?

That about captures the legacy of the man who shepherded a league that gained the world, but lost a piece of its soul.

Delany boldly moved the league forward, stretching its footprint from the plains (Nebraska) to the valley (Penn State) to the sewer (sorry, Rutgers), launching a lucrative league network, and bringing in piles of money."
Article is pretty sour really, as is the whole rag. Author rips that the NYC market only boasts about 11% of the people claiming to be avid college football fans, while in Toledo, it’s 72%. Conveniently ignores how many people that actually represents. Go a step further and tell me which has a greater potential for growth? This is why Rutgers was a tolerable move no matter how bad they are performing.

Article is pretty sour really, as is the whole rag. Author rips that the NYC market only boasts about 11% of the people claiming to be avid college football fans, while in Toledo, it’s 72%. Conveniently ignores how many people that actually represents. Go a step further and tell me which has a greater potential for growth? This is why Rutgers was a tolerable move no matter how bad they are performing.
I don't know if he conveniently ignored it. He randomly picked Toledo, because it's where the paper is but obviously a small market. 11% of NYC residents is about 860,000. 72% of Toledo is about 198,000.

All those people and nobody cares is his point. The growth potential is that once every 150 years 13% of the NYC dma might care about college football ?

I don't know if he conveniently ignored it. He randomly picked Toledo, because it's where the paper is but obviously a small market. 11% of NYC residents is about 860,000. 72% of Toledo is about 198,000.

All those people and nobody cares is his point. The growth potential is that once every 150 years 13% of the NYC dma might care about college football ?
And at those times it would be 5x the eyes on sets rather than the normal 4x. There’s a lot of sour grapes in the article is my only point. It’s not dissimilar from the way Greensboro might look at our inclusion in the ACC

And at those times it would be 5x the eyes on sets rather than the normal 4x. There’s a lot of sour grapes in the article is my only point. It’s not dissimilar from the way Greensboro might look at our inclusion in the ACC
Except we have successful programs, a large fan base, and a history of athletic accomplishment.

Top Bottom