Go for it. It'll be about 4 hours from Utica. Road games are also a lot more fun when your team wins. Nothing very exciting about the stadium or the area though.My alma mater (I graduated this weekend) UMass plays at Rutgers to open the season, I’ve never been to a game there and have only been to Jersey to go to the at Meadowlands.
For anyone who’s been there is it worth the trek from the Utica area? I like seeing different stadiums and it would be a cool experience to open the college football season seeing my second favorite college team take on a “Power 5” lol. Any good or bad experiences would be great to help decide if it’s worth spending the time and money to head down there for the weekend.
Someone called and “made” him pull it? And he did? What a wuss.Public Service Announcement!!!
There is a thread on the Rutgers board where Rutgersal celebrates the 9-year anniversary of the release of his epic “Jersey Power” YouTube video. There’s also a snippet of the original which is no longer available in its full glory.
Al with some more optimism at the expense of the rest of the fanbase:
This year you will see signs of improvement and a pulse, at the very least.
As for prior signs of improvement:
- landing arguably the #1 incoming recruit from NJ, Stanley King, who put up exceptional numbers, 79 catches for over 1,400 yards receiving. He is an UnderArmour All American and poised to impact right away
- Penn State Game more competitive than it has been since 2014
- MSU game more competitive than any game since Rutgers joined the Big Ten
- Outdoor facilities competitive with the nations best
- Better talent/depth in the two deep
- improved Strength and Conditioning allowed team to play hard throughout the season
- defense played better the second half of the season
- landing Ahmirr Robinson, one of NJs best prospects, relatively early
- landing two talented recruits from Florida
- donation helped complete the build fund project
- successfully recruited South Jersey
- Built competitive defensive talent and depth
Could he be channeling CaliAl with some more optimism at the expense of the rest of the fanbase: