The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 323 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Close
D6Z9sqSWwAADD-X.jpg:large

I hope they're very happy together. Let's find out where they're registered and maybe send them a gift from the Board. Candlesticks make a nice gift. Perhaps a place setting or two.

My alma mater (I graduated this weekend) UMass plays at Rutgers to open the season, I’ve never been to a game there and have only been to Jersey to go to the at Meadowlands.

For anyone who’s been there is it worth the trek from the Utica area? I like seeing different stadiums and it would be a cool experience to open the college football season seeing my second favorite college team take on a “Power 5” lol. Any good or bad experiences would be great to help decide if it’s worth spending the time and money to head down there for the weekend.

Go for it. It'll be about 4 hours from Utica. Road games are also a lot more fun when your team wins. Nothing very exciting about the stadium or the area though.

Public Service Announcement!!!

There is a thread on the Rutgers board where Rutgersal celebrates the 9-year anniversary of the release of his epic “Jersey Power” YouTube video. There’s also a snippet of the original which is no longer available in its full glory.

You’re welcome.

RutgersAL is a harmless buffoon, who is now derided broadly by the majority of RU sports fans (And there aren't a lot of those.)

But I have some sympathy for the guy because he isn't the only one who just cannot understand the reasons that underlie Rutger suckitude in so many sports in so many decades.

This level of performance defies logic for a school with the advantages it possesses.

Al is actually being logical.

But no matter how hard they try or say they are trying, the dice almost always come up as "snake eyes". Now if this was dice, you could easily surmise that the dice were "loaded".

I have thought it might be something in the New Brunswick water supply. I'm told the Romans went nutty after eating off of lead plates. Maybe there's some sort of environmental impurity that makes the school unable to compete except in rare spurts.

Public Service Announcement!!!

There is a thread on the Rutgers board where Rutgersal celebrates the 9-year anniversary of the release of his epic “Jersey Power” YouTube video. There’s also a snippet of the original which is no longer available in its full glory.

You’re welcome.

Someone called and “made” him pull it? And he did? What a wuss.

At what point do dumpster fires take offense to this thread?

I wtached Khaleesi destroy King's Landing with fire LN and thought "That could be New Brunswick..."

The fire is beyond the dumpster now.

Entire brick walls are being blown apart...

Last edited:
Rutgers won the TESPA Collegiate Heroes of the Storm Championship yesterday. I fully expected a thread on the Rutgers board because 1) they post more non-football stuff than football stuff on their football board and 2) they don't often get to enjoy a championship...in anything.

I believe this would have been Rutty's highest-ever ranked Lax recruit. WOULD HAVE been :p

Last edited:
Al with some more optimism at the expense of the rest of the fanbase:

https://rutgers.forums./threads/ash-can-grow-into-a-good-head-coach.167824/

Last edited:
Al with some more optimism at the expense of the rest of the fanbase:

Al's retort to his detractors:
This year you will see signs of improvement and a pulse, at the very least.

As for prior signs of improvement:

- landing arguably the #1 incoming recruit from NJ, Stanley King, who put up exceptional numbers, 79 catches for over 1,400 yards receiving. He is an UnderArmour All American and poised to impact right away

- Penn State Game more competitive than it has been since 2014

- MSU game more competitive than any game since Rutgers joined the Big Ten

- Outdoor facilities competitive with the nations best

- Better talent/depth in the two deep

- improved Strength and Conditioning allowed team to play hard throughout the season

- defense played better the second half of the season

- landing Ahmirr Robinson, one of NJs best prospects, relatively early

- landing two talented recruits from Florida

- donation helped complete the build fund project

- successfully recruited South Jersey

- Built competitive defensive talent and depth

Apparently, the Florida connection is the crux of Rutgers' keys to success, obviously this ignores the talent on their doorstep that refuses to play for Rutgers while happily play for many other oB1G teams and several other Middle Atlantic state teams.

Here's to hoping Ash doubles (or even triples) last year's success, showing "improvement" and gets extended for 10 years. Still don't get the Schiano lovefest when anyone that analyzes the situation beyond Rutgers' W/L columns knows that the timing of the downfall of SU, departure of UM, BC, VT, and the weakness of Pitt converged and left a void that could make Rutgers look decent from a skewed point of view.
48 rutgersal, 34 minutes ago

In a huge blow for the RU hoops program, their leading scorer and rebounder put his name in the transfer portal last night.

Omoruyi played at Orangeville Prep, the same school Howard Washington and Oshae Brissett attended.