The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 348 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

He may be better off in the Carolinas like everyone else leaving the Garden State.

So how do Redshirts work, Looks like their QB is self preserving a year and looking to transfer and has asked to Sit out. Isn't that basically quitting the team? Scholarships are good for the year right? Or did they make them 4 years a few seasons ago? Anyone with knowledge care to chime in?

Sitkowski was another in a looong line of their over-rated recruits who inflate buttgers recruit rankings. The kid was second string QB at IMG but rated a 4-star.

And this poor kid Sitkowski should've redshirted last year and instead Ash through him to the wolves. I don't blame the kid for wanting to redshirt this year alhough I'd advise him to play and then transfer out. He can use the transfer year to sit-out and develop. Kid might not want to get killed though so who can blame him.

You know Lloyd, just when I think this thread couldn't get any dumber, you go and post something like this... AND TOTALLY REDEEM IT.

Seriously though every time I think I'm going to stop looking at this thread because it's Rutgers, I pop back in and find something worth reading. I used to want it to die but I now realize it probably cannot and probably must not.

Last edited:
Cue it
IROC.jpg
Bruce.jpg
:

Cue the IROC and "Glory Days".

From that article:

As the flagship university of the state of New Jersey, all stakeholders need to be paying close attention to their struggling research institution. Too many dollars are being diverted from the academic mission of the school to underwrite this effort. Far too many dollars from student fees are also involved, adding to student debt burden at a time when all consumers are cost conscious.

Me again - this is why I cringe when people say institutions should pay players. Allowing the athletes to profit from their name and likeness is the way to go.

Sitkowski was another in a looong line of their over-rated recruits who inflate buttgers recruit rankings. The kid was second string QB at IMG but rated a 4-star.

And this poor kid Sitkowski should've redshirted last year and instead Ash through him to the wolves. I don't blame the kid for wanting to redshirt this year alhough I'd advise him to play and then transfer out. He can use the transfer year to sit-out and develop. Kid might not want to get killed though so who can blame him.

Exactly. I was telling so many people this when he was recruited there. He was second string to a guy that was a walk-on at Minnesota at IMG and his stats when he was in NJ were absolute trash. The kid was never a good highschool QB and somehow he got rated 4 stars

RutgersSam on Rivals (11/19):

Geez we suck at everything..

After watching yet another loss by our basketball team tonite, and after our football program's complete and utter ineptitude, and after watching years and years of below average incompetence from both programs, I'm just friggin exhausted. Like mentally exhausted. I'm sick of defending RU whenever a fan of another program denigrated us. I'm sick of spending thousands of dollars through the years on tickets, gear, travel, etc, only to be repaid in bitter, stinging losses. I'm sick of waiting for an intelligent, experienced and capable leader to be hired at Rutgers. I'm sick of having a few mid tier bowl games and a good APR score as my only ammunition when extolling the recent accomplishments of my favorite school. I'm sick of watching nearly every big game we've played end in a loss that I knew was coming. Even by random dumb luck we should have made 1 NCAA tournament, or won the Big East in football outright once over the last 20 years. Being a Rutgers fan is an arduous, torturous endeavor and I need a break.

http://rutgers.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=168596056&mid=168596056&sid=988&style=2
Keep Chopping wood..

You just know Schiano is coming back, I have zero doubt
And he's going to bend them over financially.

And the funny thing is, they didn't invest in Flood or Ash for staff, but they will for Greg

Who’s this Schiano guy running for a local office here in Syracuse (clay). Signs all over the place. Can’t drive anyplace without seeing SCHIANO.

I don't know why, but it feels like if he does take the job it's going to end up like the second round of Joe Gibbs with Washington - which would be good.

[QUOTE="SURules, post: 3128366, member: 346
Very possible that Schiano turns them down.
[/QUOTE]
schiano is just playing them as they are so desperate. i hope they hire him as he is no longer relavant --- and we know who and what he is.

If Shady comes back it’s because he just has no other choices.

His “success” At Rutgers the last time was based on a pyramid of lies and intimidation of the administration into spending money they didn’t have on upgraded facilities by promising future results.

He fled Rutgers before his lies about building a National Championship team were shown to be ridiculous. He was driving Florida kids into NYC suggesting RU was the home town team.

It’s not impossible, but I don’t see it happening. No Administration will want to deal with a guy they know is a bad actor.

Of course, I guaranteed everyone the the B1G would never invite RU. I was wrong about that because I overestimated the intelligence of the BIG. Looking at the 2/3rds empty SHI stadium on TV they have to feel this was a mistake.

I can’t see the RU administration, the State Government or the
Taxpayers of NJ allowing Rutgers to spend the amount of money or bringing in someone who will attempt to shortcut the system with the hi-jinks it would take to make this train wreck competitive against PSU, OSU and Michigan.

If Shady comes back it’s because he just has no other choices.

His “success” At Rutgers the last time was based on a pyramid of lies and intimidation of the administration into spending money they didn’t have on upgraded facilities by promising future results.

He fled Rutgers before his lies about building a National Championship team were shown to be ridiculous. He was driving Florida kids into NYC suggesting RU was the home town team.

It’s not impossible, but I don’t see it happening. No Administration will want to deal with a guy they know is a bad actor.

Of course, I guaranteed everyone the the B1G would never invite RU. I was wrong about that because I overestimated the intelligence of the BIG. Looking at the 2/3rds empty SHI stadium on TV they have to feel this was a mistake.

I can’t see the RU administration, the State Government or the
Taxpayers of NJ allowing Rutgers to spend the amount of money or bringing in someone who will attempt to shortcut the system with the hi-jinks it would take to make this train wreck competitive against PSU, OSU and Michigan.
I think they are desperate enough to throw a lot of money at someone ($ they don't have) to come in and 'salvage the program'.