The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 346 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Have you seen the movie Scanners? Just watch the first scene where a dude’s head explodes, and watch it over and over and over again
OK, this is gross. You have been warned.

gross head exploding.gif

schiano killed us in recruiting nj talent.
this is an old story i do not want to get into---schiano had a significant impact on us recruiting and otherwise. we all know his history, and connection to nj. we all know his character and approach. we all know that he took ru for a ride financially
i know that i value nj/nyc/li talent----i do feel that dinos persona can offset schiano should he be the ru coach---personally, i am not convinced that they hire him

Marrone told a story about Schiano would bring photos of an empty dome and the south side of Syracuse to show kids we offered how bad it was to play for SU. He is a piece of - - - -.

Why did Schiano leave the Patriots. Didn’t he have some sort of personal issue that prevented him from coaching in NE?

Why did Schiano leave the Patriots. Didn’t he have some sort of personal issue that prevented him from coaching in NE?

If you believe the Rutgers board, he was contacted by Rutgers and told he was the choice when they fired Ash, and Schiano told Belichick and Bill said that won't work because it will be right before our playoff run. So, Schiano resigned and has been sitting on his front porch waiting for the Ash-canning.

:rolleyes:

If you believe the Rutgers board, he was contacted by Rutgers and told he was the choice when they fired Ash, and Schiano told Belichick and Bill said that won't work because it will be right before our playoff run. So, Schiano resigned and has been sitting on his front porch waiting for the Ash-canning.

He left because bill had compete control of the defense and greggy couldn't deal with it.

So instead of just hiring Schiano, Rutgers told him to wait a year, until they fired the coach they knew at that moment they were going to fire? In a year.

I mean, that’s so ludicrous I’m not saying Rutgers wouldn’t do it. But the part about BB makes it impossible. ;)

I'm just picturing schiano sitting on a porch swing, rocking back and forth.

Joe Moorhead, who Miss. State fans want out, is also being mentioned as a possible replacement, according to the Harrisburg Patriot News.

So half the places we already recruit are the ones Schiano also recruited fairly well. I mean, all you have to do is look at the recruits committed to Rutgers from 2010 and a few years back. I looked it up just to make sure I wasn’t remembering it incorrectly but it was exactly as I remembered. Thus exactly why I wrote what I wrote.

Maybe you’re just trolling anything I post the past few weeks. I don’t know. Done responding with you.

I know why you wrote what you wrote, because 15 years ago and in the same Northeastern conference Schiano cleaned our clocks recruiting. Naturally we’ll cross paths at times because we’re in the same geographic region. It just won’t be the head to heads like it once was.

You seem to miss the larger fact that during Babers tenure we haven’t focused recruiting in our backyard. We’re recruiting where the talent is and in our conference footprint. Only something like 15 of 70 kids Babers has brought in are from the backyard states or ‘half of those places.’ Not many. This is why Schiano will have little negative impact on our recruiting efforts. We’re not focusing efforts in the same areas.

Last edited:
i hope it is schiano. we know who he is and what he is like. --he was always a bad game day coach. i think if dino goes head to head with him recruiting wise, dinos persona and character wins out. schiano is not the most ethical recruiter and we know it.

I know why you wrote what you wrote, because 15 years ago and in the same Northeastern conference Schiano cleaned our clocks recruiting. Naturally we’ll cross paths at times because we’re in the same geographic region. It just won’t be the head to heads like it once was.

You seem to miss the larger fact that during Babers tenure we haven’t focused recruiting in our backyard. We’re recruiting where the talent is and in our conference footprint. Only something like 15 of 70 kids Babers has brought in are from the backyard states or ‘half of those places.’ Not many. This is why Schiano will have little negative impact on our recruiting efforts. We’re not focusing efforts in the same areas.
however we do recruit nj and that is one place where the talent is!!! heavily recruited by big 10 , nd, alabama, psu bc and many others. ---i hope it is schiano, i believe his ship has sailed and will not have the same success as he had previously.

He is a proven HC.

He did a great job at Rutgers.

And he effectively recruited NJ.

Nobody but he has been able to win in Piscataway.
he did a great job that was helped by us not reinvesting in our program and upgrading facilities , and assuming that they would have no impact at all. mulcahy was the force behind rutgers success and had the political connections to make things happen.
frank burns was the best coach rutgers ever had. he did something with nothing.

he did a great job that was helped by us not reinvesting in our program and upgrading facilities , and assuming that they would have no impact at all. mulcahy was the force behind rutgers success and had the political connections to make things happen.
frank burns was the best coach rutgers ever had. he did something with nothing.

All good points.

I think RU gets a solid coach who will initially struggle...then turn things around for there is too much close solid football talent in NJ, the DMV and FL, along with B1G money. Think they peek at Schaino, take a hard look at Butch Jones, strike out with MSU HC Moorhead and settle with Toledo HC Jason Candle. Darkhorse could be Matt Campbell at Iowa State who would love to coach in the B1G but may wait this one out.

I have a friend who is a Rutgers grad and a darn good hs coach. He hated schiano to the point that he couldn't root for his alma mater while he was there . He's not as popular as you'd think.
There is a lot to that and not the least of which I'm confident is Schiano is from a well to do area/town/high school background. I would not be surprised if that wasn't cause for strife as he walks into some severely disadvantaged school districts and asks them to step up and represent. Heck, he went to Bucknell, which is also a pretty well to do small private University. That will matter to some.

The thing about that background is that it overlaps with a lot of NJ football royalty. Greg Toal raised his family in the same town and was even OC at Schiano's HS alma mater. The entire Granatell family coached there too, even while he was there, as well as sending a kid or two of their own (Our own Krautman brothers are from there).
Phil Sims sent his son Chris to Ramapo to play for Toal.
Former Schiano QB Mike Teel is the current HC at Don Bosco (also from that same three town district of NJ known as the "FLOW" area). Campanile's older brother is currently the HC at Bergen Catholic. He played at Paramus Catholic and coached at Seton Hall Prep. Point being, he's got the North Jersey Super Conference covered.
Schiano would dent recruiting in NJ and Pennsylvania in part because of his State Penn ties. Not sure if his Ped State lineage hurts him there. He also has Florida connections from his days at Miami as well as TB, but the latter may not have much luster.

however we do recruit nj and that is one place where the talent is!!! heavily recruited by big 10 , nd, alabama, psu bc and many others. ---i hope it is schiano, i believe his ship has sailed and will not have the same success as he had previously.

We do go down to NJ but not nearly like we used to. We seem to be very specific to kids we target down there and the high profile NJ kids we want, we're losing to Pedo St. Kids like Rondi, Taj Harris and maybe Lowery would've been targeted by Schiano I have no doubt. DeVito to. But would we lose them? IDK, if we did it would have little impact on our team save DeVito but they weren't going to play for Rutgers.

Also, Schiano has historically run a pro style power-i offense with an aggressive attacking D, so he'd likely be looking for a different kind of kid on both sides of the ball. I do suspect he'll want to run a limited spread RPO offense moving forward but we're just not going to cross paths on the kids he's looking for. When you go up and down the geography of our commitment list there are very few kids Schiano would've been involved with. I'd be more worried about the Canadian pipeline, otherwise he just won't impact us.

I do agree his ship has sailed. He won't have the Florida impact that he once had because he's been removed from that for 10 years and his world at Rutgers just became a whole lot tougher. Where he trashed us and BC and Pitt he just won't have that same ability against the Big 10, especially while being pummeled by his division. The worm turned for Syracuse when he beat Pasqualoni in 2003. We were his biggest threat and we were so bad back then, it was just a perfect storm. He doesn't have that anymore.