The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 368 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

they dodged a bullet not hiring schiano. the guy is a egotist playing a desperate rutgers. hobbs is right.
who cares what this person says , as they have not sent a ton of talent to ru to begin with.
in a way, i wish they hire schiano. we know who he is, how he operates and the biggest thing is we know he has no character and will bail when it serves him to do so.

If I'm bing 100% honest, Rutgers could do a LOT worse than the dazzler right now. I don't think thats a bad hire for them if they could get him. He has the recruiting connections, he doesn't like to pass, RU has no passing game. He would steady the ship, and getting them back to 5-7 wins right now, which would be a Schiano'esqu feat

They absolutley need a guy who has coached before. They are in a tailspin of epic proportions right now, they can not risk another no experience coordinator. No on the job training, I'd be on the phone with moorehead, Jones, Dazz, Fedora etc

If I'm bing 100% honest, Rutgers could do a LOT worse than the dazzler right now.

You’re right, but they could also do a lot better than Dazzler. I don’t know how you sell to your fans a guy who goes 7-5 every year in the ACC and now has to face Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State and Michigan every year.

You’re right, but they could also do a lot better than Dazzler. I don’t know how you sell to your fans a guy who goes 7-5 every year in the ACC and now has to face Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State and Michigan every year.

I've seen a lot of fans on this site want that 7-5 every year for SU so I could imagine that being the Rutgers fans wildest dreams of such a thing that could happen for them.

If I were Hobbs, I'd look at a young up and coming offensive mind from a smaller school. RU can't suck any worse so expectations are low. The cost won't be too bad while they are still paying of Ash. As a NJ tax payer, I'd also appreciate it.
As a Cuse fan, I'd point Hobbs in the direction of one Greg Robinson and tell him that he has a shiny Super Bowl ring.

Be careful for what you wish for regarding Rutgers getting booted from the Big 10...they could make a major move on a school or 3 to fill that spot.

Live look at UConn...

3C7F4205-5200-49C4-96F4-025C509E0207.gif

An RU turn

Not so fast my friend!
Where else is Schiano going to go? Who else would hire him as a HC? Even Tennessee turned their nose up at him.

oh boy I hope they give him everything he wants and be on the hook for the 25 million guaranteed then watch him struggle to be .500 for the next 8 years. Over a 100 million dollars for the life of the contract. that would be epic.

oh boy I hope they give him everything he wants and be on the hook for the 25 million guaranteed then watch him struggle to be .500 for the next 8 years. Over a 100 million dollars for the life of the contract. that would be epic.
Didn't he always have very tight relationships with NJ coaches? Is that not the case now?

Didn't he always have very tight relationships with NJ coaches? Is that not the case now?

I wonder how much his tight relationships will be worth when Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State walk in the door.

I wonder how much his tight relationships will be worth when Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State walk in the door.
Some kids want to play close to home. I'm not sure Schiano to Rutgers is such a good thing for us.