The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 374 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Bee-bah Bee-bah. Bee-bah. La police de grammaire français est ici.

From Wiktionary -
cache - A store of things that may be required in the future, which can be retrieved rapidly, protected or hidden in some way.
cachet - A special characteristic or quality; prestige.

I see it a lot. It grates on my nerves.
So he has more cash, cache and cachet.

Nice.

Bee-bah Bee-bah. Bee-bah. La police de grammaire française est ici.

From Wiktionary -
cache - A store of things that may be required in the future, which can be retrieved rapidly, protected or hidden in some way.

The one that ends "et" is pronounced "ay". The other one rhymes with "straight cash homey".

Contract details were just released. 8 year 32 mil. The big win for Schiano though is a 7.7 mil assist salary pool. That's 2nd in the B1G only behind OSU

ETA: from what numbers I can find its likely top 5 in the nation. Watch out for some big name coordinators

Last edited:
Contract details were just released. 8 year 32 mil. The big win for Schiano though is a 7.7 mil assist salary pool. That's 2nd in the B1G only behind OSU

That's nuts. But I suppose a full B1G revenue share is $50 million-plus.

That's nuts. But I suppose a full B1G revenue share is $50 million-plus.
They don't get the full share until 2027 and then it will be $65 million.

My bad. That 7.7 million includes support staff so they likely have about 5.5-6 million for coaches

Swinney, Narduzzi, Doeren, Addazio, Schiano, Satterfield, TBD Multi-millionaire in recruiting hotbed stepped in tradition, Clawson....

One of these names is not like the others......

I will worry about the rest way before I worry about Shady back in Scarlet.

ETA: from what numbers I can find its likely top 5 in the nation. Watch out for some big name coordinators

The budget is meaningless. All it will lead to is overpaid AAC level assistants. Schiano is a major control freak and Rutgers is not prestigious. People will take less money to coach elsewhere. And no current OC will want to go to a reclamation project where it will take 3-4 years to see results.

This will most likely end poorly for Rutgers. They guy is a trainwreck as a gameday coach who was a slightly above average recruiter. Rutgers is not equipped to compete in the BIG for football. I can't wait to see Rutgers future ooc schedules as Im sure they will be easy.

They are putting out so much hope for him as their "messiah" that if Schiano doesn't work out for them, they are doomed. He's their Obi wan kenobi
1575397250910.png

Last edited:

From Wiktionary -

noted, hoo

From Wiktionary -

Eh I majored in History not English.

The budget is meaningless. All it will lead to is overpaid AAC level assistants. Schiano is a major control freak and Rutgers is not prestigious. People will take less money to coach elsewhere. And no current OC will want to go to a reclamation project where it will take 3-4 years to see results.

The HC just got an 8 year deal, almost all guaranteed i think. If you're in OC, why wouldnt you want that kind of job security? You know the leash will be long. Whats a long stint for a college asst coach, 3 years? I would think Schiano's OC/DC are gonna get at least 3 years.

If I were an OC, i may choose the RU job over a job like going to Herman in Texas. Herman is done next year if he wins 7 games or less again.

The buzz is Sean Gleeson of OK St is going to be OC. Add him to Fran Brown and the Campanile bros and that's a killer recruiting staff

The buzz is Sean Gleeson of OK St is going to be OC. Add him to Fran Brown and the Campanile bros and that's a killer recruiting staff
Why would Gleeson leave OK St?

The HC just got an 8 year deal, almost all guaranteed i think. If you're in OC, why wouldnt you want that kind of job security? You know the leash will be long. Whats a long stint for a college asst coach, 3 years? I would think Schiano's OC/DC are gonna get at least 3 years.

If I were an OC, i may choose the RU job over a job like going to Herman in Texas. Herman is done next year if he wins 7 games or less again.

As an OC your contract won’t be 8 years. You will have Schiano micromanaging you. You will not see results on the field till year 3 at the earliest which will make you less likely to get a HC job or a better OC job. How is that attractive for a current P5 OC?

they haven't gotten any of them, just have Nunzio at the moment, will believe it when I see it

From Wiktionary -

I await with baited breath your next outrage!

They are putting out so much hope for him as their "messiah" that if Schiano doesn't work out for them, they are doomed. He's their Obi wan kenobi
View attachment 173689

They’ve pushed all of their chips in. If/when they’re still not competitive, they are in real danger of being kicked out of the B1G.

If that happens, they’re done. At that point, Rutgers and UConn can play 6 home-and-homes each year.

They’ve pushed all of their chips in. If/when they’re still not competitive, they are in real danger of being kicked out of the B1G.

If that happens, they’re done. At that point, Rutgers and UConn can play 6 home-and-homes each year.

All their chips?

That would be:
Some bent paper clips, a handful of Canadian coins, an IROC keychain with random keys that don't match any known locks, and pocket lint.