The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 388 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Not just the staff names either. As I'm sure you're aware, he tried to flip a bunch of NJ kids thinking it was the good ole days and failed miserably.

Couldnt' retain his best NJ player in Blackshear, thankfully he was able to pillage Temple for a couple of kids.
I don't follow their recruiting but I do follow NYS recruits. They took 3 players from here that no one else at the P5 level was interested in. That tells me they had to take a lot of of kids that are not P5 just to fill out their class.

I really thought they would get a little buzz with this class with the new staff and Schiano flying around everywhere in his shiny helicopter. It will get worse when they have to actually play games with no talent and little in the way of actual coaching going on next season.

When you hire a staff of recruiters and they aren't able to recruit, things are not good.

I don't follow their recruiting but I do follow NYS recruits. They took 3 players from here that no one else at the P5 level was interested in. That tells me they had to take a lot of of kids that are not P5 just to fill out their class.

I really thought they would get a little buzz with this class with the new staff and Schiano flying around everywhere in his shiny helicopter. It will get worse when they have to actually play games with no talent and little in the way of actual coaching going on next season.

When you hire a staff of recruiters and they aren't able to recruit, things are not good.
In addition, they can't front load their schedule with cream puffs like they use to in the Big East.

In addition, they can't front load their schedule with cream puffs like they use to in the Big East.
Schiano forgot that Rutgers is in the B1G East not the Big East and plays 9 conference games versus 7.

For all the money and benefits he shafted Rutgers for, he should have done some basic math regarding his future schedules and Win/Loss records.

The all-mighty schiano lost a kid to Addazio today. the kid was from new hampshire and schady gave him the full monty reach around treatment on his OV over the weekend and still couldn't land the kid. his recruits since he's been hired (13 of them) are no better than Ash's. They're in big trouble.
LOL yeah they were so hyped when Schiano came in and that class they got right now even though he didn’t have a lot of time Is worse than any class coach ash brought in. People must think he has this ora around him that just 4 and 5stars are just going to start floating to rutgirls lol
I guarantee you RutgersAl came in his pants when he heard the news that schiano came back. Not gonna happen overnight Rutgers! Takes time girls

Last edited:
The big 10, especially the big 10 east has coaches 10 times better than Schiano is, was or ever will be for that matter. Reality is going to start to kick in for some of these Rutgers fans pretty quickly!

He just got a high 3 star for 2021 class. Alijah Clark. Schiano will get some top 20 NJ kids because of Fran Brown. South Jersey kids love him. Eventually that guy is gonna be taken by UMich or Penn st

Once he couldn't land the names he wanted on the staff, it started becoming clear that momentum he had when he left for the Bucs wasn't picking up where he left off. Kids don't remember Schiano's Rutgers, and they especially don't remember the famous "Texas Bowl" season. What a shame.

Did he at least show recruits a picture of the one time the Empire State Building was lit up red? That should’ve sealed the deal.

LOL yeah they were so hyped when Schiano came in and that class they got right now even though he didn’t have a lot of time Is worse than any class coach ash brought in. People must think he has this ora around him that just 4 and 5stars are just going to start floating to rutgirls lol
I guarantee you Roger is Al came in his pants when he heard the news that schiano came back. Not gonna happen overnight Rutgers! Takes time girls
When he was hired all their writers guaranteed he would get Jalen Berger. That is a big failure already on his part.

The all-mighty schiano lost a kid to Addazio today. the kid was from new hampshire and schady gave him the full monty reach around treatment on his OV over the weekend and still couldn't land the kid. his recruits since he's been hired (13 of them) are no better than Ash's. They're in big trouble.

Schiano just reeled in top 10 N.J. recruit Elijah Clark to kick off ‘21 recruiting class. Offers from Michigan, Miami, WV, Pitt, BC, Maryland, Cuse amoungst others...

Wait and see what he does with the first class that he has an actual chance to recruit before declaring “big trouble”.

Schiano just reeled in top 10 N.J. recruit Elijah Clark to kick off ‘21 recruiting class. Offers from Michigan, Miami, WV, Pitt, BC, Maryland, Cuse amoungst others...

Wait and see what he does with the first class that he has an actual chance to recruit before declaring “big trouble”.

He can’t coach though. His game day coaching and offenses were always trash, at every single level. Can only play a couple Norfolk State’s with 9 conference games. Can only smoke and mirror his way into 3-5 wins instead of 7-8, these days. Nobody’s worried about this goofball. We’re here for the jokes - same as always.

Let's see if he signs his LOI first. This has flip all over it.

He can’t coach though. His game day coaching and offenses were always trash, at every single level. Can only play a couple Norfolk State’s with 9 conference games. Can only smoke and mirror his way into 3-5 wins instead of 7-8, these days. Nobody’s worried about this goofball. We’re here for the jokes - same as always.

Sorry, I know that people here like to discredit the man but guys that can’t coach don’t get NFL head coaching jobs or hired by elite college programs(OSU) as a DC. He is a great defensive/ST coach. He hired a dynamic OC.

He is now coaching in arguably the best division in college football so it will take time and be hard to succeed...

Sorry, I know that people here like to discredit the man but guys that can’t coach don’t get NFL head coaching jobs or hired by elite college programs(OSU) as a DC. He is a great defensive/ST coach. He hired a dynamic OC.

He is now coaching in arguably the best division in college football so it will take time and be hard to succeed...

He sucked with Tampa Bay(a terrible franchise) and was 20 games under .500 in the largely post Miami-VT crappy Big East at Rutgers last time.

He can get his team to block punts and beat scrub teams. I was told by Rutgers fans that Ash had hired a good OC too.

Even mediocre NFL coaches usually get a second chance. They don’t go back to a job that they had 15 years ago. He was an abject failure as an NFL coach and that might not have even mattered if he wasn’t a miserable POS as a person.

Best division? Lol

I'll wait and see... how that class looks after he goes 2-10 again this season.

Even mediocre NFL coaches usually get a second chance. They don’t go back to a job that they had 15 years ago. He was an abject failure as an NFL coach and that might not have even mattered if he wasn’t a miserable POS as a person.

Such a failure that Bill Belichick hired him as DC for the Patriots which Schiano walked away from because he wanted to go back to the college game as a head coach.

By all accounts his players love him and speak very highly of their time being coached by Schiano. He showed his character with how he handled the Eric Legrand situation and has always run a clean program. Just because he took it to Syracuse on the field and recruiting trail his last go around doesn’t make him a bad person...

Last edited:
Such a failure that Bill Belichick hired him as DC for the Patriots which Schiano walked away from because he wanted to go back to the college game as a head coach.

By all accounts his players love him and speak very highly of their time being coached by Schiano. He showed his character with how he handled the Eric Legrand situation. Just because he took it to Syracuse on the field and recruiting trail doesn’t make him a bad person...
And... here... we... go...

Schiano was 6-5 versus Syracuse

He sure kicked Greg Robinson's ass, going 4-0, but when Cuse was competantly coached he was 2-5, including 1-2 on his way out the door at Rutgers.