The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 386 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Although I feel Schiano will get them back to a competitive level it will take time. Babers should win against RU next year as the team needs to be rebuilt from the ground up and Schiano will need at least a full year to recruit and plug the holes. Very impressed with the staff he is putting together. Just signed new OC Sean Gleeson to a three year deal. Fran Brown coming on is huge as he might be the best recruiter in south Jersey. RU spending big money on assistants for the first time...
$7m+ in assistant and support funding can go a long ways

A fight for the lowest and Kansas proved there are still tiers between the lowest and the lowest

Kansas crushed BC and Rutgers in the past 2 seasons. They defeated the east coast and would easily win ECAC team of the year.

Kansas crushed BC and Rutgers in the past 2 seasons. They defeated the east coast and would easily win ECAC team of the year.
... and if "The Mad Hatter" stays as coach, there's potential for a return to what they had with Mangino, minus the baggage.

... and if "The Mad Hatter" stays as coach, there's potential for a return to what they had with Mangino, minus the baggage.

Agree...should be interesting to see if Kansas Hoop throws football under the bus.

How has this valuable thread slipped off the 1st page?

The OP in this thread belongs here, attributed to Rutgers. Yes, it applies to UNC basketball right now, but it is a permanent state for Rutgers.

If we're going to aspire to be a top 25 team on a consistent basis then we need to be in on some of these top 20 kids in NJ. If we're not then it's unlikely that we'll achieve consistent top 25 status. It's seems very strange to me that we would cede NJ to bigger out of the area programs.

In any event, why not put resources into Fla and NJ? Why does it have to be one or the other? And let's sure as hell put resources in NJ as opposed to the other surrounding states as that is where the talent is abundant as compared to NY, CT, DEL, MA etc.

I'll let you have the last word.
I don’t know you know I mean it wouldn’t hurt obviously to get guys from New Jersey because there’s some very talented players there but since we went to the ACC I think a lot of our recruiting areas change where Florida becomes more important and you know all South Carolina,Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania is always important and of course the DC area , Virginia
I don’t think it’s mandatory for us to get guys out of New Jersey to be successful I don’t. Besides the last time we won 10 three season but about 95% of the team was from anywhere but New Jersey so we’ve been holding on this for a while but New Jersey hasn’t really been a factor for us for the last what I don’t know how many years. I wish that we did go in New Jersey more and take some of their players like Penn State, Ohio State all those guys do but I guess we’re just not there yet but I mean they used to look at us used to come here all the time and I know that was a different era but if we did it once I don’t see why we can’t do it again. I don’t want to sound like a broken record but you just have to keep up moneywise with recruiting facilities all that s$$t

The OLine may be better, but I imagine our DLine takes a step back.
I think will take a step back in the defensive line but I don’t think it will be as big as people think. I think a lot of these young guys are ready And will make a huge impact especially Jonathan Kingsley leading the way

Florida becomes more important... Pennsylvania is always important...
I don’t think it’s mandatory for us to get guys out of New Jersey to be successful I don’t. Besides the last time we won 10 three season but about 95% of the team was from anywhere but New Jersey so we’ve been holding on this for a while but New Jersey hasn’t really been a factor for us for the last what I don’t know how many years.
I won’t beat the drum too loud, I think most know I value recruiting NJ, but so much of this post just doesn’t make sense. Pennsylvania is always important why? What I mean is why more than it’s neighbor state NJ? PSU, Pitt, OSU, Temple, WVU all recruit Pennsylvania hard, but we should give up on NJ because there’s too much competition? What about being in the ACC makes recruiting S. Carolina or FL for that matter more important? FL is important no matter what league you’re in. Last time we won 10 was the last time in 30 years. I’d hardly say that’s indicative of doing just fine without NJ. and the 5% you referenced all started.
I’m sorry but this is just such a strange post.

...He’s scared
thats not scared that is bold. make no mistake he is attacking and will keep at it. he has put together a pretty fair coaching and recruiting staff. If we can we need to embarrass them next year and keep them on the sceduele. they may come out better than we think----its good we get them early

thats not scared that is bold. make no mistake he is attacking and will keep at it. he has put together a pretty fair coaching and recruiting staff. If we can we need to embarrass them next year and keep them on the sceduele. they may come out better than we think----its good we get them early
I agree that Schiano isn’t scared at all. In fact, I think he believes RU is far superior to SU but knows he needs to attack fast.