The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 404 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

The Rutgers board is on cloud 9 tonight only losing by 22. You would have thought they won. Granted osu was up 35 3 and fell asleep.

Saw rutgers ran every trick play in the book, good for them for trying. This year is for trying. The next year they go back to realizing they cant win in the bigten. Year three is when ppl start wanting to fire greg. Greg doesnt have the luxury of a cupcake schedule anymore.

Guys, I watched that game and I hate to say it but Rutgers currently has more talent than cuse, epecially along the lines. Another thing, GS has them playing hard even when behind, something Dino could lean from. Dino coaches and speaks like a dead man walking--and I was a big Dino supporter. Not a hater but never thought we'd be in this position in year 5, covid or not.

Guys, I watched that game and I hate to say it but Rutgers currently has more talent than cuse, epecially along the lines. Another thing, GS has them playing hard even when behind, something Dino could lean from. Dino coaches and speaks like a dead man walking--and I was a big Dino supporter. Not a hater but never thought we'd be in this position in year 5, covid or not.
ru has a ton of transfers in the line up. it was actually kind of a fun game to watch for awhile. the o coordinator used every trick play possible. and some of them worked. played with much enthusiasm to the end of the game. i agree. i like the oc and dc coordinators. the kids actually looked like they were having fun and continued to try hard.

ru has a ton of transfers in the line up. it was actually kind of a fun game to watch for awhile. the o coordinator used every trick play possible. and some of them worked. played with much enthusiasm to the end of the game. i agree. i like the oc and dc coordinators. the kids actually looked like they were having fun and continued to try hard.
As soon as Rutgers contacted ( GS. ) about the ( HC )

He also brought in like fifteen transfers from other D1 programs who were immediately eligible

Exactly. It was literally his first thing he did. Find NJ kids who left for other D1 schools not getting the PT they thought they should be getting, and then brought them in. He also recruited decently for a short season and can coach special and D pretty good.

i wish dino could do the same.
I think we beat BC, Liberty and Pitt if we had hit the transfer wire as hard and as well as those schools did.

With the major fundamental change to transfer rules, we have to do better at attracting transfers to the program. Not sure if this is a function of Dino’s excessive loyalty to his players, bad internal assessments of our existing players, the unattractiveness of Syracuse as a place to transfer to, a lack of a proper budget and staff to identify and woo transfers we need. Probably a function of all of these things.

But it needs to change if Syracuse is to establish a winning program. If schools like BC, Rutgers and Pitt can attract multiple impact transfers that help their team immediately, we should be able to as well. The transfers immediately eligible rule is a paradigm shift in college football and the teams that react to it the quickest and the best are going to have a big advantage over the rest.

At the least, we have the ability to offer immediate playing time for many positions. That alone should make us very attractive to a lot of talented kids stuck behind even more talented players on other programs.

This is one of one make or break times for Dino and his staff. They don’t need to bring in 20 transfers. The roster is in pretty good shape right now. They need to retain the players we have and just add a couple of players at a couple of positions to balance our roster and address some pretty major issues with quality depth.

I think we beat BC, Liberty and Pitt if we had hit the transfer wire as hard and as well as those schools did.

With the major fundamental change to transfer rules, we have to do better at attracting transfers to the program. Not sure if this is a function of Dino’s excessive loyalty to his players, bad internal assessments of our existing players, the unattractiveness of Syracuse as a place to transfer to, a lack of a proper budget and staff to identify and woo transfers we need. Probably a function of all of these things.

But it needs to change if Syracuse is to establish a winning program. If schools like BC, Rutgers and Pitt can attract multiple impact transfers that help their team immediately, we should be able to as well. The transfers immediately eligible rule is a paradigm shift in college football and the teams that react to it the quickest and the best are going to have a big advantage over the rest.

At the least, we have the ability to offer immediate playing time for many positions. That alone should make us very attractive to a lot of talented kids stuck behind even more talented players on other programs.

This is one of one make or break times for Dino and his staff. They don’t need to bring in 20 transfers. The roster is in pretty good shape right now. They need to retain the players we have and just add a couple of players at a couple of positions to balance our roster and address some pretty major issues with quality depth.
i believe dino has excessive loyalty to certain players at the expense of loyalty to the team.
that has been a concern of mine for some time. i think he is to stubborn. that has shown in his pressers. there is no reason that he has not previously "seen" the value in trying different qbs. i agree its make or break for him on several fronts, to demonstrate he belongs as a hc at this level. i am hopeful, as you stated with many of our younger guys PROVIDING they can stay healthy. dino gets two more years imho. i am not as confident that he is flexible enough to make it. i get the feeling he is in over his head and may not effectively listen to his staff. ----i hope i am way off base on this. as fans WE have been around for a long time.

Did you forget how we played vs Clemson this year already? C’mon.

We were within 7 with a min left in the 3rd Q, Rutgers wasn’t that close since early in Q1.

If you ever wanted to see RutgersAl in person...I haven't seen Al in 10 years but he was a great guy in person.

If you ever wanted to see RutgersAl in person...I haven't seen Al in 10 years but he was a great guy in person.

Al is a terrific guy and a great fan. I am glad he was able to see another B1G win this year while he is still alive.

Seriously, Schiano is a good coach and with the B1G so weak, who knows, they might even get a few more wins this decade. I look forward to the day COVID goes away and Rutgers renews its storied series with Hampton.

Yup that game was 35 3 and osu took a nap. Rutgirls ran every trick play in the book. We legit had Clemson worrying a bit.

Right. That Rutgers - OSU would be like saying SU competed with Clemson in 2013(the game Shafer screamed at Dabo), when it was 35-7 at half, but we got a few second half TDs. Big deal.

Al is a terrific guy and a great fan. I am glad he was able to see another B1G win this year while he is still alive.

Seriously, Schiano is a good coach and with the B1G so weak, who knows, they might even get a few more wins this decade. I look forward to the day COVID goes away and Rutgers renews its storied series with Hampton.
i was hoping that schiano was still a good defensive guy but was always a Bad game day coach---it appears that he may have changed. i hope not --we will see.

They beat a bad Mich State, and then got beaten soundly by Indiana and blown out by OSU right? What am I missing?
They haven't been blown out by Duke. Strictly eye test but I think they would handle us pretty easily.

They haven't been blown out by Duke. Strictly eye test but I think they would handle us pretty easily.

My favorite part of this thread is the folks who come here to stick up for Rutgers and then pages later are proven wrong. There were pages of people being worried that Ash was going to out recruit us.

We blew out Duke the year before. Rutgers hasn't blown out a P5 opponent since UNC in 2014. They hadn't even beaten a P5 in 2 years prior to Mich St this year.