The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 426 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I expected they would have a good recruiting year or two. Then, when the shine wears off the Schiano turd and they get their teeth kicked in by Big Ten powers in year four and their 10 fans are calling for Schiano’s firing, all will be back to normal. This should coincide well with Syracuse’s return to the top 25 barring injury to Shrader. Things are shaping out well timing wise but can always change. It is a shame we lost that game to Rutgers as that is the lone bright spot for their season and we’d win by at least two touchdowns if we played now. The ACC is down and Cuse should be on an upward trajectory.

When Schiano got hired (and don’t forget he never went to an upper tier bowl game) I figured he would make some noise in-state but I expect a drop in recruiting next year. He has a very small window to capitalize and the margin for error is quite slim.
Getting beat 52-3 at home, no score in the 4th quarter this late in the season shows how bad they are. You should improve, not get totally worse as the season goes on. This isn't even a good Wisconsin team.

Agreed. If he fails, it will be devastating since no one other than Schiano has had even a little bit of success there.

Yep, it will be very demoralizing to that program. Should put a stake in them.

Yep, it will be very demoralizing to that program. Should put a stake in them.
I am waiting for the B10 to boot them. They bring nothing to the conference.

I am waiting for the B10 to boot them. They bring nothing to the conference.

That would only happen if they get a better replacement lined up...

Pickens are slim.

Plus, it's not like "Rutgers delivers the NYC metro market" strawman argument holds any water at this. Ratings don't lie.

But I think they'd want an Eastern school. Uconn would make the most sense except that they are tire landfill fire... And us and BC as private academic-focused institutions don't fit the bill...

Agreed. If he fails, it will be devastating since no one other than Schiano has had even a little bit of success there.
Let's not forget their shared national title, the one they shared with Princeton, who actually scored more points that year. Since each ended with only one loss, and no other team matched their records, they were co-champs - 1869!

Hey not true, they bring an automatic win for all of their conference opponents
Agreed, but economically, Rutgers costs way more than your average body bag game. I think we have to give the B1G some credit for incorporating a built-in body bag game into the conference to appear as if they don't play extra FCS games.

Getting beat 52-3 at home, no score in the 4th quarter this late in the season shows how bad they are. You should improve, not get totally worse as the season goes on. This isn't even a good Wisconsin team.
It could have been 75

Hmmmmmmmm...
Indiana is in the same injury crisis we were in last year. They are playing their 3rd string true freshman QB. He cant throw pass 10 yards. Their best RB is out with an injury along with key lineman. Indiana fumbled on a hand off first play of the game and went on to turn it over an additional 5 times. They had nothing to play for and handed rutgers the game. Coming here to brag about a win against a 2 win Indiana team is hilarious. It tells us how much Cuse is on your mind. lol You didn't come here after the Northwestern game.

Coming here to brag about a win against a 2 win Indiana team is hilarious.
Not coming in to brag about a win at all. My comment was more reflective of the fact that there was so much condemnation of us after losing 52-3 to Wisconsin, who is probably going to win the Big 10 West, yet you guys just dropped a 41-3 clunker to 4-5 Louisville.

As for our game against Indiana, they're dealing with a rash of injuries and a lack of depth. Plus, like our game against Wisconsin, the wheels came off the bus early with mistakes and poor play. And the situation just snowballed.

Not coming in to brag about a win at all. My comment was more reflective of the fact that there was so much condemnation of us after losing 52-3 to Wisconsin, who is probably going to win the Big 10 West, yet you guys just dropped a 41-3 clunker to 4-5 Louisville.

As for our game against Indiana, they're dealing with a rash of injuries and a lack of depth. Plus, like our game against Wisconsin, the wheels came off the bus early with mistakes and poor play. And the situation just snowballed.
You're right, we shouldn't have gone to the Rutgers board to voice our opinions about another team. It is in poor taste.

Why anyone would go on another team’s board is beyond me, whether it is us posting there or them posting here.

What do we supposed to do? Take it easy on rutgers after seeing a score like that? What do you think the thread is about? lol. Keep in mind that you are reading this thread only. There's hundreds of unhappy posts about the Louisville performance. No SU fan is happy about the loss and its being discussed in several threads. In this thread we continue to pick on rutgers. Nothing wrong with doing both. I dont go on rutgers boards hoping people dont take shots on us. lol

There's a reason why this thread keeps going. Its existence bothers you all so much. You coming on here proves that. rutgers is still trying to get respect from us. I dont know why it matters to you all so much. lol.

Last edited:
Would Cincinnati be a better fit than Rutgers for the B1G? It sure is a better fit geographically. I don't know the parameters of what they'd be looking for. I don't know how Cincinnati fits academically. They certainly seem a better fit athletically.

Would Cincinnati be a better fit than Rutgers for the B1G? It sure is a better fit geographically. I don't know the parameters of what they'd be looking for. I don't know how Cincinnati fits academically. They certainly seem a better fit athletically.

There's already a team in Ohio.

Adding a 2nd team doesn't improve TV ratings.