The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 427 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Would Cincinnati be a better fit than Rutgers for the B1G? It sure is a better fit geographically. I don't know the parameters of what they'd be looking for. I don't know how Cincinnati fits academically. They certainly seem a better fit athletically.

There's already a team in Ohio.

Adding a 2nd team doesn't improve TV ratings.
That, plus the only team from Ohio that's there now wants to remain as the only team from Ohio. It's similar to why Florida State and Clemson are not welcome in the SEC. I wouldn't be surprised if ATM was given a $urfeit of $atisfactory reason$ to accept the $EC membership of UT.

Hey Sciano got a reference in this Urban Meyer dumpster fire article!

84110294-AF7C-446E-A022-42D82BD86647.png

Im sure rutgers didnt want this to come out prior to signing day lol

He would be a far better choice than Stan Drayton, who doesn't have much in the way of Eastern recruiting connections.

This would put Temple on an even footing with RU for those players not quite good enough for P5 ball.

It would restore balance to the world. I am strongly in favor of it.

It will be interesting if Rutgers will be able to bone NJ taxpayers yet again to try and keep him.

He would be a far better choice than Stan Drayton, who doesn't have much in the way of Eastern recruiting connections.

This would put Temple on an even footing with RU for those players not quite good enough for P5 ball.

It will be interesting if Rutgers will be able to bone NJ taxpayers yet again to try and keep him.
Drayton has Florida and Ohio ties but I fully back Fran Brown to Temple. It would put a huge dent in Rutgers recruiting, and I also feel Fran will do well as a HC.

He's been their best recruiter by far. He's reeled in their best players. That'd be a huge blow to Schiano.

Schiano has got to be beside himself. Forget about this year but going forward Fran will be a huge pain in the ass competing directly against them. Their two classes are strictly a result of Brown.

(and then after he gets a couple of years HC experience we can hire him LOL.)

I'd imagine they're backing up the brinks truck in his driveway right now. Money aside, Fran should take the Temple job. Opportunities don't come along to often. He can always be an assistant coach at rutgers.

I'm not disagreeing that Fran Brown wouldn't be a better candidate, but just pointing out that Drayton is from Cleveland, played college ball in PA, and started his coaching career in the Philly area at Penn and Villanova. He recruits nationally, but his foundation is in the mid-Atlantic.

Yeah...add a few hundred thousand to the hundreds of millions in debt!

Anytime I hear my fellow Jersians complain about property taxes here, I mention that boondoggle of an athletics budget and that corrupt little budgeting thing they did. It was technically against their bylaws, which I thought was a NCAA violation...but they quickly changed the bylaws. Been a few article about it in local papers.

I'm not disagreeing that Fran Brown wouldn't be a better candidate, but just pointing out that Drayton is from Cleveland, played college ball in PA, and started his coaching career in the Philly area at Penn and Villanova. He recruits nationally, but his foundation is in the mid-Atlantic.

Drayton is a power recruiter to but Temple would be better off with Brown.

That might be but Brown has been a far bigger factor recruiting players from the NE that Temple could actually land. He is used to coaching them up too…

That might be but Brown has been a far bigger factor recruiting players from the NE that Temple could actually land. He is used to coaching them up too…
Again, I don’t doubt and I am in agreement. Just pointing out Dray is an east coaster who has recruited the territory.

It’s going to be the most Rutgers thing ever when they agree to play Wake in the Gator bowl and have to cancel because of an outbreak of Omicron.

...and Vinny from Seabright will be the source of the infection... who took the lockeroom laundry job so he could use the athletic dept weight room and is 100% unvaxxed and infected players in the gym.