The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 443 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

That and the B1G was basically like "you do what you want, we won't stop you but we're not helping you fund this if you're in the red...which we know you are."

The money adding up for the bowl trip is insane. They are missing bills; if you recall they had flight trouble; no ticket sales because of short notice; coaches got bowl bonuses! hahaha at 5-7.

RU said the benefit of extra practices and TV commercials for a big audience is valuable. Not wrong, but not in millions...

It also stated that the B1G was going to take Rutgers share of the revenue from the Gator Bowl and include into the low-tier bowl distribution for the rest of the B1G teams. But since it was so little, they were like, "uhh..just keep it Rutgers." Like damn... Gator Bowl really did screw them.

Again. Wake and thus the ACC got $2.8M!

It's so incredibly sad. Part of me as a NJ taxpayer hopes they at least negotiated out to get a full share of conference revenue before 2027 with the new media deals...but unlikely given how they politic. USC and UCLA will get full shares immediately.
Rutgers out-Rutgersing themselves...

I honestly feel bad for NJ taxpayers. I wish NJ politicians would hold Rutgers' feet to the fire at least when it comes to the AD. Nobody deserves to pay for the nonsense. Even the B1G refuses to carry them beyond the minimum.

I read somewhere that the B1G will not forgive the loans and Rutgers will not pay them off early. I don't think a full share is on an early horizon.

Rutgers out-Rutgersing themselves...

I honestly feel bad for NJ taxpayers. I wish NJ politicians would hold Rutgers' feet to the fire at least when it comes to the AD. Nobody deserves to pay for the nonsense. Even the B1G refuses to carry them beyond the minimum.

I read somewhere that the B1G will not forgive the loans and Rutgers will not pay them off early. I don't think a full share is on an early horizon.

Yeah and I don't blame the B1G. I also think, despite his success, rehiring Schiano was a bad move. Just seems like it's not going to end well. Either he'll book for the next big job, or he's corrupt as the stereotype say. haha.

That paper I shared, The Asbury Park Press has been doing a whole series on Rutgers Athletics and the wasteful spending. They've done some pretty good investigative work around here. I'll continue to share what I can for your enjoyment.

The easiest money to spend is always other people’s.

Shady when he pays: “I’ll have the cup of soup and salad.”

Shady when it’s on the arm: “ I’ll open with 4 manhattan’s (whistle pig 12) then I’ll have the ahi tuna carpaccio followed by the double cut tomahawk chop”. We’ll work on dessert later, but please bring the wine menu before we get started eating”

The watchdog series at it again!

Rutgers athletics' most recent deficit was $60M. Can Big Ten TV money stem the red tide?

https://www.app.com/story/news/watc...ficit-big-ten-conference-revenue/65892405007/ via @asburyparkpress

Some highlights...

"Experts say each school could receive as much as $70 million in 2030. That would come to $27 million more than the conference sent to each team this year, but that still would not be enough to cover Rutgers’ budget shortfalls"

"Rutgers received about $10 million a year during its first six years in the Big Ten, an amount based on what it made in its previous conference. That was about one-fifth of what most Big Ten members received those years, putting Rutgers at a great disadvantage as they spent increasing amounts of money on facilities, salaries and equipment to play catchup with other conference schools. Maryland and Nebraska also did not receive full shares during their first six years.

Unlike Rutgers, USC and UCLA will receive full shares of Big Ten revenue in their first year in the conference. "

"Athletics sold 18,297 season tickets for the 2021 football season — 40% less than in 2014,..."

"Football ticket sales in 2021 came to $7.1 million for six home games — $4.5 million less than Rutgers’ first season in the Big Ten, when it also played six home games. Rutgers did not provide ticket sale information for its other teams.

Side point is Syracuse made the right decision going to the ACC. Just think how bad the programs here and at Pitt would be with those revenue constraints. No new practice facility, new dome, new athletic center, etc...

Maryland and Nebraska too!?!?! That explains their woes as well. That's some insane inequity there.

At some point when does someone over there say enough is enough? I mean yes they are getting way more money, but when even the largest share of all conf revs doesnt cover shortfalls, someone has to say, hey we're $20M in the red and still only winning 5 games. If we cut that $20M deficit where do we land, 4 wins? Seems like that day is coming for RU. After a number of years, the data/results speak for themselves.

At some point when does someone over there say enough is enough? I mean yes they are getting way more money, but when even the largest share of all conf revs doesnt cover shortfalls, someone has to say, hey we're $20M in the red and still only winning 5 games. If we cut that $20M deficit where do we land, 4 wins? Seems like that day is coming for RU. After a number of years, the data/results speak for themselves.

Someone already did, a while back:

(about 2/3 of the way down)

The watchdog series at it again!

Rutgers athletics' most recent deficit was $60M. Can Big Ten TV money stem the red tide?

https://www.app.com/story/news/watc...ficit-big-ten-conference-revenue/65892405007/ via @asburyparkpress

Some highlights...

"Experts say each school could receive as much as $70 million in 2030. That would come to $27 million more than the conference sent to each team this year, but that still would not be enough to cover Rutgers’ budget shortfalls"

"Rutgers received about $10 million a year during its first six years in the Big Ten, an amount based on what it made in its previous conference. That was about one-fifth of what most Big Ten members received those years, putting Rutgers at a great disadvantage as they spent increasing amounts of money on facilities, salaries and equipment to play catchup with other conference schools. Maryland and Nebraska also did not receive full shares during their first six years.

Unlike Rutgers, USC and UCLA will receive full shares of Big Ten revenue in their first year in the conference. "

"Athletics sold 18,297 season tickets for the 2021 football season — 40% less than in 2014,..."

"Football ticket sales in 2021 came to $7.1 million for six home games — $4.5 million less than Rutgers’ first season in the Big Ten, when it also played six home games. Rutgers did not provide ticket sale information for its other teams.

Side point is Syracuse made the right decision going to the ACC. Just think how bad the programs here and at Pitt would be with those revenue constraints. No new practice facility, new dome, new athletic center, etc...

Maryland and Nebraska too!?!?! That explains their woes as well. That's some insane inequity there.
What a horrible deal for them. Real devils bargain with the B1G.

Come and get smoked every game while we pillage your recruiting area and pay you the same $ you got in the Big East

What a horrible deal for them. Real devils bargain with the B1G.

Come and get smoked every game while we pillage your recruiting area and pay you the same $ you got in the Big East
It’s a great deal for them, I would still trade it for ours.

I cannot view the article, but if I understand you correctly, Rutgers paid to be a bodybag game for Wake Forest. Schiano at his best.
Music Video Garden GIF by Red Bull Records