The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 441 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

No clue. The point is any player they develop into a good player will be easily poached in time. I know it's fun to rag on Rutgers and laugh, I get it. Im there with ya. But if they develop an offensive guard or a RB or whatever into someone who is kinda good, there will ALWAYS be a bigger school that can get the kid more NIL money and have a booster through a shell business offer that kid more NIL money and steal them away.

Agreed. The point is that the "haves" will cherry-pick the "have nots". And there are "cherries" on literally every team in D1. Jordan Addison is the perfect example, Flowers on BC (still), VT had 4 kids drafted this year, Rutgers had 2, UConn, Fordham, and Villanova all had 1 . . . If they're good enough for the Vikings, they're good enough to be coveted by Texas A&M.

No clue. The point is any player they develop into a good player will be easily poached in time. I know it's fun to rag on Rutgers and laugh, I get it. Im there with ya. But if they develop an offensive guard or a RB or whatever into someone who is kinda good, there will ALWAYS be a bigger school that can get the kid more NIL money and have a booster through a shell business offer that kid more NIL money and steal them away.
Maybe 90% of the football programs will have to worry about players getting poached by the elite and rich programs

Respectfully, while I agree that cashing in under the NIL is not a bad idea, perhaps the young athlete may wish to consider the original mission of the institution for which said young athlete plays, that is, to obtain an education to prepare him (or her depending on the sport) for life, making the real effort to "cash in" on one's time at university.
The institutions long ago forgot about the original mission, but foisted that idea upon the student athletes to keep them poor and enrich the schools themselves while in many instances, completely foregoing the promise of education.

Lol!!!!

Well, if they’re bringing “more toughness”, then sign me up. On second thought, never mind.
I was actually in a Costco here in the swamps of Jersey today, but just dashed in and out so I didn’t see the Fightin’ Kirklands ticket offer.

Saw the pic Taj posted on Twitter CL added to the Taj thread.

Is Rutgers broke? Those unis look like intramural pinneys

Took my annual trip to the Jersey Shore this week and witnessed a few of the Rutgers PR plays. Have to determine how to get pics here (file size too big) but they had several planes towing banners (a Shore mainstay for those that don’t know) with a big RUTGERS FOOTBALL and then in the cases I saw, “Reapply your sunscreen“ and “Coming soon: The Rutgers boardwalk #chop”. I am very curious to know what that might be. Before anyone says it, Snooki is from NY, as are most of them. Paulie is from RI.

Took my annual trip to the Jersey Shore this week and witnessed a few of the Rutgers PR plays. Have to determine how to get pics here (file size too big) but they had several planes towing banners (a Shore mainstay for those that don’t know) with a big RUTGERS FOOTBALL and then in the cases I saw, “Reapply your sunscreen“ and “Coming soon: The Rutgers boardwalk #chop”. I am very curious to know what that might be. Before anyone says it, Snooki is from NY, as are most of them. Paulie is from RI.

Huh.

I live on the JS. Get those planes over my house to and from the little airports.

This is all news to me.

If you want, email me the pics. I can probably get them to fit. Rrlbees@aol.com

Here you go.

20B22DFA-6987-4BC2-ABF1-6DD985C4AF00.jpeg
4BB9DFFC-4279-4F28-9425-C53F16F53A99.jpeg
8DCAD148-2137-4C49-911B-BA8C6A8179CF.jpeg

Now, how do we distract fans at SHI(T) Stadium from the massacre occurring on the field? Oh, I know, food trucks!
At least they are true to the MTV Jersey Shore brand. Battaglia is from NY.