The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 449 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

And if you want the other team to stop trying, then don't try to go all out to block the punt.
Shades of a long ago SU/Miami game. Miami was well ahead of SU, but was in a punting situation. SU lined up as if to attempt a block. Miami faked the punt and passed for a first down or maybe even a touchdown.
SU coach and fans were furious. But SU should have been prepared for a fake.
Of note, Miami was trying to run up the score in response to an earlier beating they took from SU. And, of course, Miami was not noted for sportsmanship.

Shades of a long ago SU/Miami game. Miami was well ahead of SU, but was in a punting situation. SU lined up as if to attempt a block. Miami faked the punt and passed for a first down or maybe even a touchdown.
SU coach and fans were furious. But SU should have been prepared for a fake.
Of note, Miami was trying to run up the score in response to an earlier beating they took from SU. And, of course, Miami was not noted for sportsmanship.
The 59-0 beat down?

The hit was garbage, it was on a defenseless punter and 3 yards out of bounds. He was rightfully tossed.
You decide to run a fake punt up 39 midway through the 4th quarter? Open season, baby. Defenseless punter? lol

I would have immediately elevated him to captain (if he's not already) if I were the coach. That was awesome.

You decide to run a fake punt up 39 midway through the 4th quarter? Open season, baby. Defenseless punter? lol
So, you're advocating taking a cheap shot at a player who took at least two steps OOB, at full speed?

Got it.

Ridiculous.

I didn't know that Schiano ran ACROSS THE FIELD to confront Ryan Day about that. I thought that was from the end of the game. That's INSANE!
Was he flagged for that? If not, he should've been.

First off there was NO fake punt call. The punter decided on his own as it was wide open. Why was it wide open? Because GS loaded the left side for a block. If you call for a block you get what you deserve.
Then why did Ryan Day apologize?

So, you're advocating taking a cheap shot at a player who took at least two steps OOB, at full speed?

Got it.

Ridiculous.
What's also ridiculous is listening to folks here justifying the punter's actions. Oh the lane was open blah blah blah. How many 40 point blowouts do you watch mid 4th quarter where the lane is open? All day long at that juncture, my friend. There is a reason why punters don't avail themselves of that lane in that situation. And if the punter was so justified in his actions then why was his coach apologetic after the game?

Funny thing is many of these same fans would be moanin' til the cows came home if SU was in the same spot.