The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 450 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

He apologized for his punter. Don't you follow or read any other sports other then SU...gezzz
Duh that's right. Never said Day was at fault. It was the punter's fault and he paid the price.

Even the RU fans on their forum know that it wasn't a fake punt call
Good Lord. I never said it was a fake call by Day but the punter faked like he was punting and then took off.

What's also ridiculous is listening to folks here justifying the punter's actions. Oh the lane was open blah blah blah. How many 40 point blowouts do you watch mid 4th quarter where the lane is open? All day long at that juncture, my friend. There is a reason why punters don't avail themselves of that lane in that situation. And if the punter was so justified in his actions then why was his coach apologetic after the game?

Funny thing is many of these same fans would be moanin' til the cows came home if SU was in the same spot.
Go read some
Duh that's right. Never said Day was at fault. It was the punter's fault and he paid the price.
You said it was a called fake punt.

Circumstance?

media?

move on?
Uh no. Day knows well enough that what his punter did was not cool. I'm sure the kid got an earful from Day after the game. Once again I'm not blaming Day.

Uh no. Day knows well enough that what his punter did was not cool. I'm sure the kid got an earful from Day after the game. Once again I'm not blaming Day.

Well, right

Go read some

You said it was a called fake punt.
Really? Which post was that? I never said they called for a fake punt. You're twisting what I said. For the zillionth time the blame goes to the punter not the coach. Do u disagree with that? Or do u hold the punter blameless?

Really? Which post was that? I never said they called for a fake punt. You're twisting what I said. For the zillionth time the blame goes to the punter not the coach. Do u disagree with that? Or do u hold the punter blameless?
Actually I don't blame the punter as they are taught if it's wide open you go for especially when you only need two yards. Shiano loaded one side left the other side wide open why wouldn't he run? It's a football instinct to help your team win.

Actually I don't blame the punter as they are taught if it's wide open you go for especially when you only need two yards. Shiano loaded one side left the other side wide open why wouldn't he run? It's a football instinct to help your team win.
Not saying the kid committed a felony but from an objective standpoint (not a fan or hater of either program) it was a dumb move.

What's also ridiculous is listening to folks here justifying the punter's actions. Oh the lane was open blah blah blah. How many 40 point blowouts do you watch mid 4th quarter where the lane is open? All day long at that juncture, my friend. There is a reason why punters don't avail themselves of that lane in that situation. And if the punter was so justified in his actions then why was his coach apologetic after the game?

Funny thing is many of these same fans would be moanin' til the cows came home if SU was in the same spot.
Both-siding it? Good for you.

You advocated for taking a cheap shot on an OOB player that could have caused serious injury. Not in a normal football play, but a conscious decision to "punish" a player for embarrassing you.

That will never be right.

Except in your mind.

Not saying the kid committed a felony but from an objective standpoint (not a fan or hater of either program) it was a dumb move.
It's only a dumb move if he doesn't get the first down. Is it kind of rubbing salt in a wound..... sure.

Both-siding it? Good for you.

You advocated for taking a cheap shot on an OOB player that could have caused serious injury. Not in a normal football play, but a conscious decision to "punish" a player for embarrassing you.

That will never be right.

Except in your mind.
So are you in the camp with Killdozer above that the punter was completely justified?

Be honest, let's say everything is exactly the same in this situation but it's SU not Rutgers. How does this board react to that play?

They loaded up and were trying to block the punt. That’s why the punter had all day to run. Is it ok for Shady to block a punt down 40 but not ok for the punter to take what they gave him? If there’s some kind of gentleman’s agreement then Shady should not have called the punt block. Just take your whooping like a man and get on the bus.

So are you in the camp with Killdozer above that the punter was completely justified?

Be honest, let's say everything is exactly the same in this situation but it's SU not Rutgers. How does this board react to that play?
Doesn't matter who the teams are, your view is that an illegal hit is justified. Everything else that happened is just football strategy. Shiano was going for the block punt but the punter ran for a first down, end of story.

Au contraire. If the roles were reversed then the howling here would be deafening. And you know it.

Doesn’t justify dirty play.

Was Ohio St’s Coach flagged for a personal foul, like Dino did after idiot man yelling at B10 officials last year?

Regardless of the situation - Schiano still acted like the petulant child that he is.

Take it up with the coach after. Don’t stomp across the field like a gd moron.

Clown.
lol he went to the other side of the field to break up the fight and separate his players. Look, I get the hate but can the haters at least pretend to be objective?

Never said u said that. Just would like u to answer the question.
No. It's a football play. If the coach called it (which I don't believe he did), I'd have a problem with it. Was it a bad decision by the punter? IMO, yes. But they are trained to do what he did.

Happy?